DVDVR Message Board

NFL Fantasy Football 2K18

Kevin Wilson

So here's a question, which is likely way to premature, but are Gordon and Ekeler this year's Ingram and Kamara? I have both Gordon and Ekeler in one of my leagues and I'm legit thinking of starting both of them instead of Gordon and Collins. The main reason is that looking at the amount of plays each guy was involved in and to me it didn't read like a normal situation of a backup RB spelling the starting RB. Ekeler looked like an additional weapon and was used like one. I should also add that this is a PPR league.

So yeah...For this week at least as a test, do I bench Alex Collins in favor of running the Gordon/Ekeler tandem? I could also Flex Collins, but I still plan on flexing Kenyan Drake or Enunwa or Corey Davis.

2 hours ago, Justin877 said:

Someone dropped Amari Cooper on waivers.

Should I drop Chris Carson or Alshon Jeffrey  (2 of my more expendable players)?

Who else you got on the roster?

If anyone is playing against AJ Green this week you have your work cut out for you. 

So, I'm starting in a hole, because Andy Dalton decided to have the first good primetime game of his career.  The Ravens defense gained a whole -1 points.  Oh and as good as he was, he only completed 2 passes to Tyler Eifert.  I hate fantasy football.

Made the decision to start AC again and I thought, wow, this is going to be a big game for me. Look at this total stud break tackles and bust out a huge run.

And then he proceeds to sit on the bench so Buck Allen can stink up the joint.

AC goes back in, gets open, makes catches, looks like a star.

Back on the bench he goes because again WE MUST PLAY BUCK ALLEN. I might trade AC just because the playcalling for the Ravens is fucking shit.

I had one of those weeks where nearly every single person I started in a PPR league went off and I scored 169 points. I also started Greg the Leg who got me zero points so my score would have been even higher if I had a kicker.

Now I'm just expecting to lose every single game the rest of the season.

I'm a big believer in Gordon and Ekeler maybe being a new Ingram/Kamara tandem, but for this week, I'd lean with John Brown. Especially if it's PPR. Brown has the target share of a WR1 and has the abilities to go with it. Like the Fantasy Footballers say, if he's healthy, start him. The Rams D scares me more than the Broncos D. The Rams have shut down the run and the pass in both of their games while you can pass on the Broncos. 

EDIT: On second though, Gordon and Ekeler may be more similar to Howard and Cohen.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

So is anyone thinking of playing Carson Wentz this week?    Lots of places seem to have him ranked high but I don't even know if he 100% sure of actually playing.

All depends on who your backup is. 

For the DVDVR Money League this week I'm deciding between rolling with Rivers against the Rams or benching him for Jimmy G-String with the sexy matchup Chiefs defense. 

Man it feels good to not have fallen into the Amari Cooper trap this week. I benched him last week in the league I took him in the 4th round in, I lost that game, and then this week I thought about starting him and went with Quincy Enunwa (my other WR options were Corey Davis or John Brown) instead. I'll gladly take the 9 points from Q over the 3 from Amari.

Fucking Amari. I knew I shouldn't have drafted him.

BTW, what's everyone's thoughts on Rex Burkhead? I have him rostered on two of my teams and I'm wondering if he's now droppable. He has zero trade value, he's CONSTANTLY hurt, and Sony and White both do what Burkhead does and probably better too. Even with Sony's small-ish YPC, at least he's on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

The point scoring this year has been insane. I think it was during the Fantasy Footballers podcast that I heard it, but through this many weeks there's been something like 100 more TDs scored as compared to last year. I banged out 166 points in the DVDVR league and it was the only league I won in this week. In my other two leagues I had the second most points scored at 150 something and my opponent had the most points scored at over 160. Nearly the same thing in my third league where I scored 150, lost to someone who had 160, and two other people in that league scored close to 200.

Like, someone in that league actually picked Trubisky off of waivers and started him.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

The point scoring this year has been insane. I think it was during the Fantasy Footballers podcast that I heard it, but through this many weeks there's been something like 100 more TDs scored as compared to last year.

I was listening to that podcast as well.  I am 0-4  in my league of record.  Weeks I score 100+ , my opponent scores 30 more.  Crazy times

• Like 1