Jump to content

NFL Fantasy Football 2K18


Kevin Wilson
 Share

Recommended Posts

Another year, so a new general thread is needed as drafts begin. I mean its crazy early for drafts but I know some leagues for whatever reason draft while preseason is still going on.

If you are in the DVDVR Paid League, I already re-started it with the same participants as last year as its just easier that way so when you log into Yahoo it should be there. If you don't want to play this year just let me know and I'll remove you so someone else can join, the $25 fee is needed by August 15th ideally, normal way to pay, I'll send out reminders a few days before. I feel the need to point out that I have won the last two years so I hope that you guys bring your best this year, I'm getting kind of bored ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm 95% sure I'll rejoin this year. Any changes to rules or scoring?

Nah, except I am going to find some 'recommended settings' online somewhere to tweak the defensive points. I wanted to get rid of the TE position since 95% of TEs suck and we have TE in the flex but was told not to do that so I didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My man Evan Engram going to be part of that 5% that doesn't suck.

My other man Tyler Eifert also going to be part of that 5% for, oh, maybe 3 games until he's hurt again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the DVDVR Paid League we could add a $25 prize for 3rd place so if you lose in the Semi Finals both teams have something to fight for that last week.  $200 for 1st $50 for 2nd $25 for 3rd and $25 for winner of the loser's bracket. 

 

Also standard yahoo leagues now use our .5 PPR in their scoring. 

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Nah, except I am going to find some 'recommended settings' online somewhere to tweak the defensive points. I wanted to get rid of the TE position since 95% of TEs suck and we have TE in the flex but was told not to do that so I didn't.

Solo Tackle= 1 point works the main thing is figuring points for Sacks, INTs and FFs/FRs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 5:45 PM, Hail Sabin said:

In the DVDVR Paid League we could add a $25 prize for 3rd place so if you lose in the Semi Finals both teams have something to fight for that last week.  $200 for 1st $50 for 2nd $25 for 3rd and $25 for winner of the loser's bracket. 

 

Also standard yahoo leagues now use our .5 PPR in their scoring. 

Solo Tackle= 1 point works the main thing is figuring points for Sacks, INTs and FFs/FRs. 

I hate to dilute the top prize any more than I already have since I want the overall winner (ie me) to get a meaningful amount of money, if it was a higher pay league I'd be open to giving a prize for 3rd but I have enough trouble as it is collecting $25 from people :) I only added a prize for the consolation bracket winner to keep people engaged/caring longer which I think has worked pretty well so far.

For Defensive Points, I didn't do anything too drastic but I did add TFL and assisted tackles since that seems to be standard, I upped the "force fumble" up one and upped the "pass deflections" up .5. I didn't do everything I found recommended as I didn't want to jump it up too much but it should get the defensive points more in line with other positions so every week it isn't a bunch of players in the 5 to 8 point range like it has been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I hate to dilute the top prize any more than I already have since I want the overall winner (ie me) to get a meaningful amount of money, if it was a higher pay league I'd be open to giving a prize for 3rd but I have enough trouble as it is collecting $25 from people :) I only added a prize for the consolation bracket winner to keep people engaged/caring longer which I think has worked pretty well so far.

For Defensive Points, I didn't do anything too drastic but I did add TFL and assisted tackles since that seems to be standard, I upped the "force fumble" up one and upped the "pass deflections" up .5. I didn't do everything I found recommended as I didn't want to jump it up too much but it should get the defensive points more in line with other positions so every week it isn't a bunch of players in the 5 to 8 point range like it has been.

Sounds good. I plan on sending you my entry fee tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Had my first draft for the only league  (so far), a 12 team league,  that I will be playing in.  This is what I got:

  • QB - Brees (NO), Prescott(DAL)
  • RB - Fournette (JAX), Collins(BAL) , Ingram (NO), Carson (SEA), Crowell (NYJ), Yeldon (JAX)
  • WR - Thomas (NO), Jeffrey (PHI), Saunders (DEN), Moore (CAR)
  • TE - Howard (TB)
  • K- Bryant (ATL)
  • D - Patriots, Saints
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First time I've drafted in a few years, between an attack of anxiety and a funeral for a cat. 14 team league, 4 on the bench. Went Super No RB for five rounds, which may prove to be my undoing.

QB: Wilson (SEA).

RB: Coleman (ATL),  Johnson (CLE),  Carson (SEA), Anderson (DEN).

WR: Jones (ATL), Allen (LAC), Hilton (IND), Enunwa (NYJ), Ginn (NO).

TE: Ertz (PHI).

K: Lutz (NO).

DST: Chicago (?)

Antonio Brown went 9th, second WR picked behind Mike Evans at 5th. Might be the same guy who picked the Seahawks D in the first round one year, so I guess that's an improvement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so I'm in a standard scoring league BUUUUUT the commish made the call to add QB to the flex spot so it's now, basically, a 2QB comp. Here is my line up, please advise anyone I should be trading before kickoff, areas I should look to improve etc - 

QB1 - D. Prescott (DAL)
QB2 - B. Bortles (JAX)
RB1 - K. Hunt (KC)
RB2 - L. McCoy (BUF)
WR1 - D. Hopkins (HOU)
WR2 - M. Jones (DET)
TE - E. Engram (NYG)
K - S. Gostkowski (NE)
D - Vikings

Bench - 
C. Keenum (QB - DEN)
D. Booker (RB - DEN)
K. Johnson (RB - DET)
L. Miller (RB - HOU)
T. Ginn (WR - NO)
J. Smith-Schuster (WR - PIT) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is way last minute, but would anyone have interest in joining a 10 to 12 team dynasty league? My friend's idiot brother who was the commish of our 2QB league up and decided to not do it again so now I'm left without a league and I've wanted to do a dynasty league for years now. 

If I get the players then I get them, if not then I'll plan for next year. I'm looking at a $25 buy in for this year with probably an increase for next year.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to be very disappointed if I don't win with this squad.  I need Josh Gordon to be 100% back

QB Cam Newton, Car QB

RB Derrick Henry, Ten RB 

RB/WR David Johnson, Ari RB 

WR Chris Hogan, NE WR 

WR/TE Robert Woods, LAR WR

 TE Tyler Eifert, Cin TE

D/ST Ravens D/ST D/ST 

K Wil Lutz, NO K 

BENCH

Nyheim Hines, Ind RB

Brandin Cooks, LAR WR 

O.J. Howard, TB TE 

Sony Michel, NE RB  

Tyreek Hill, KC WR 

Josh Gordon, Cle WR  Q

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reminder - if you are in @Kevin Wilson league - the draft is tonight.

 

Super reminder - if you can't make it, if you can at least remove injured people like McKinnon from your draft pool as I dunno if Yahoo will be smart enough to do it. Also, be sure to log in before Thursday night to change defensive players since Yahoo still has no idea how to draft defensive players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone is interested in joining one more league, there is one spot open in the other league I'm a part of. The leagues dues are $25 and we draft tomorrow at 8:45 p.m. ET.  You can pay the dues later. 

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/873503

If you can't join using the URL, just PM me your email address and I will forward it to the league commissioner so he can send the invite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Super reminder - if you can't make it, if you can at least remove injured people like McKinnon from your draft pool as I dunno if Yahoo will be smart enough to do it. Also, be sure to log in before Thursday night to change defensive players since Yahoo still has no idea how to draft defensive players.

McKinnon has been adjusted on yahoo rankings. The IDP still remain garbage however. 

I shall be in the draft as long as Tropical Storm Gordon doesn't knock out my power or internet in the next several hours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My experience in fantasy last year. Have 1st overall pick in my money league. Take David Johnson. Week 1 happens. I hate life.

My experience in fantasy this year. Have 1st overall pick in my money league. Say fuck that Running Back shit, take Antonio Brown 1st. 14 team league. Swing comes around, and there are still 2 Running Backs I like! Yay! Let's get this goin! All aboard the Jerick McKinnon train! CHOO CHOO!

Oh, and I hate life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In one of my leagues, I drafted Amari Cooper for the third year in a row. That first year he was good to me. Last year he flat out sucked. He had all the hype in the world this season and sounded like he was going to get fed.

By fed I didn't think Gruden and others meant something lower than table scraps. 3 fucking targets? Once again, I fell for the Cooper trap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...