DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] August 1, 2018 TV Show

Peck

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

I do wonder how they are going to rehabilitate Johnny.

They should just move him up to the main roster after Takeover. Ciampa is a better choice as champion (convince me otherwise), and they've got a logjam at the top of the card that's just going to get worse once Riddle gets there. I mean, they just now started giving EC3 storylines to work with, and Keith Lee debuts next week. They need to clear the deck a little.

• Like 2

Really liked Candice/Shayna as well as the post match stuff with Kairi. Shayna's been really great in her role. I'm torn on wanting her to lose to one of my favorites or retain and continue being such a perfect asshole champ lol 

• Like 4

Heavy Machinery/Street Profits/The Mighty keep having teams pass them over. Good squash from MM this week, but it does seem weird that they're featuring two guys who are probably never going to the main shows (Tyler is a cruiser, Seven isn't going to happen) when at least two of the aforementioned midcard teams have main show potential.

1 minute ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Heavy Machinery/Street Profits/The Mighty keep having teams pass them over. Good squash from MM this week, but it does seem weird that they're featuring two guys who are probably never going to the main shows (Tyler is a cruiser, Seven isn't going to happen) when at least two of the aforementioned teams have main show potential.

They are positioning them for the NXTUK tag titles.

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

They should just move him up to the main roster after Takeover. Ciampa is a better choice as champion (convince me otherwise), and they've got a logjam at the top of the card that's just going to get worse once Riddle gets there. I mean, they just now started giving EC3 storylines to work with, and Keith Lee debuts next week. They need to clear the deck a little.

Is Riddle someone they are likely to debut immediately? Beyond that there really isn't a great place or Johnny on the main roster, specially if they leave him where he is at right now. It feels liekt he natural lead in to all of this is Gargano finally winning the belt off of Ciampa. He doesn't have to hold it long.

2 hours ago, Jamal said:

Really liked Candice/Shayna as well as the post match stuff with Kairi. Shayna's been really great in her role. I'm torn on wanting her to lose to one of my favorites or retain and continue being such a perfect asshole champ lol 

Honestly, I will be a little surprised if Kairi wins. It feels like there is more to do with Shayna as champ right now.

34 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Honestly, I will be a little surprised if Kairi wins. It feels like there is more to do with Shayna as champ right now.

Who's left for her to really face?  She's beaten Cross, Kai, LaRae and Storm,  if she beats Sane she pretty much clears out the division on the face side.  Io won't be active on NXT until after MYC/Evolution (assuming she's in the finals).    Unless they hold off Kairi winning until Evolution.

3 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I'm not sure actually, if anything it felt like Bate was working a heel turn angle.

I mean do you really position them by having them lose to UE again?

Even if they lose, you know that match is going to deliver in front of 15,000 fans, so a rub for them and it's exposure for NXTUK, which is probably the bigger picture.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to Ciampa convincing Gargano he’s right, and they get called up as a heel team.

Well. getting kicked a few times in the head by the Dutch Destroyer can certainly alter your perception of things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, droneking said:

They are positioning them for the NXTUK tag titles.

Anything to keep them away from Vince, otherwise what's the over/under on "His name is Bate? Great, we'll have the other guy be his butler, so he can call him... Are you with me here, pal? Young Master Bate! BWAHAHAHAHA! Get someone on designing the shirts now! We'll sell a million of 'em!"

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is Riddle someone they are likely to debut immediately? Beyond that there really isn't a great place or Johnny on the main roster, specially if they leave him where he is at right now. It feels liekt he natural lead in to all of this is Gargano finally winning the belt off of Ciampa. He doesn't have to hold it long.

Riddle will probably get the usual treatment:  Show him in the crowd at Takeover, then have him debut at the TV tapings before the next Takeover. Given his UFC credentials, I imagine they'll strap a rocket to him.

In a perfect world, Gargano would get to stay in NXT, and never worry about being booked poorly on the main roster. Tyler Breeze, too. But we know that's not happening. If given a chance, he could get over on the main roster, but it's unlikely that will happen given the current system and quality of bookers. If he gets sent to 205 Live, he'll still get to have great matches, but hardly anyone will be watching. Let's face it, he may have already peaked.

Yeah if Im an indy star now I want to get to NXT, run through 12-18 months of matches, then get the hell out before being called up and just cash in on the extra exposure. Rinse and repeat as needed or as many times as WWE will allow.

So many NXT characters are just ruined by the main roster.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Riddle will probably get the usual treatment:  Show him in the crowd at Takeover, then have him debut at the TV tapings before the next Takeover. Given his UFC credentials, I imagine they'll strap a rocket to him.

In a perfect world, Gargano would get to stay in NXT, and never worry about being booked poorly on the main roster. Tyler Breeze, too. But we know that's not happening. If given a chance, he could get over on the main roster, but it's unlikely that will happen given the current system and quality of bookers. If he gets sent to 205 Live, he'll still get to have great matches, but hardly anyone will be watching. Let's face it, he may have already peaked.

I hate to say it, because I like Johnny Wrestling just fine, dude is a great talent... but... what do you do with him? On the main roster he's Sami Zayn without Kevin Owens, he's Daniel Bryan-lite, he's Andrade Almas without the lucha connection; in short, he's a dead man walking. On 205 Live he could be tearing it up with Mustafa Ali, Hideo Itami, Drew Gulak, and Buddy Murphy every other week but if you're having ***** matches that no one gets to see, do they really count for much? I don't profess to know much about how the pay-scale works, but I have to assume that the 205 Live guys get substantially less than the folks on RAW & SDL and I don't recall seeing action figures for any of the 205 Live guys (doesn't mean that there aren't any, just that I don't recall seeing one during my not infrequent searches for all things relating to Mustafa Ali and Pete Dunne.)

4 hours ago, OSJ said:

I hate to say it, because I like Johnny Wrestling just fine, dude is a great talent... but... what do you do with him? On the main roster he's Sami Zayn without Kevin Owens, he's Daniel Bryan-lite, he's Andrade Almas without the lucha connection; in short, he's a dead man walking. On 205 Live he could be tearing it up with Mustafa Ali, Hideo Itami, Drew Gulak, and Buddy Murphy every other week but if you're having ***** matches that no one gets to see, do they really count for much? I don't profess to know much about how the pay-scale works, but I have to assume that the 205 Live guys get substantially less than the folks on RAW & SDL and I don't recall seeing action figures for any of the 205 Live guys (doesn't mean that there aren't any, just that I don't recall seeing one during my not infrequent searches for all things relating to Mustafa Ali and Pete Dunne.)

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, The Natural said:

Least they've got the Pete Dunne sneer right with hands he's taken as trophies via joint manipulation:

DVijKMa.jpg

• Like 1