DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - AUGUST

Dolfan in NYC

Continuing with everything is terrible and terrifying

Leonys Martin is recovering from battling a life threatening illness

Martin is said to have faced a life-threatening situation involving “multiple organs.” Fortunately, it seems his treatment at the Cleveland Clinic has been proceeding well. Indications are that the 30-year-old’s “outlook looks good,” as Bastian characterizes the situation based on the update provided by the organization.

Brian Dozier had an "abnormal EKG"

Los Angeles Dodgers second baseman Brian Dozier will undergo tests on his heart after an EKG late Monday showed abnormal results.

Dozier left Monday's game against the San Francisco Giants in the ninth inning after experiencing dizziness. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts told reporters that the EKG revealed "abnormalities" but did not elaborate beyond saying that Dozier would be further evaluated Tuesday.

Kenley Jansen expects to have a 2nd heart surgery this offseason

Jansen also said he was told there's a good chance he will need another heart surgery in the offseason, similar to the surgery he had in 2012. He was prescribed blood thinners in 2011.

Ben Zobrist was tossed out of his second game ever today, so whatever he did must have been bad and he must have been pissed.

The reason? Zo made a comment about the strike zone and Cuzzi said he didn't want to hear it. So Zo said that's why the players want an electronic strike zone. Boom. Immediately tossed.

Ben Zobrist might be favorite player now. It's also laughable that mentioning the electronic strike zone will get you tossed.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Brian Dozier had an "abnormal EKG"

Dozier in the lineup tonight against SFG, so it must not have been anything crazy, maybe just him wanting to make sure all was ok, especially on the heels of hearing that a teammate has an ongoing heart issue.

Jose Ureña is a talentless sack of shit. 

I’m not a Braves fan by any means, in fact, as a Phils fan, I hope they lose every game for the rest of the year. But this fuckstick needs to be dealt with in some form or another. 

He’s pulled this shit with Rhys Hoskins all year, and he’s not the only one. And now he nailed Acuña tonight on the first goddamn pitch, just because he’s been lights out.

Fuck this guy. 

On a positive note, great win for the Phils tonight. Wilson Ramos looked great in his first game. Velasquez shit the bed early, but our bullpen did quite well. I just hope we aren’t taxed for the next few games. 

• Like 1

I don't want to hear bullshit about old school and how drilling guys is OK. A baseball is a fucking weapon that can kill someone (note the stories that all too often crop up of some kid being killed because a ball hit them on the wrong spot of the chest). People throwing beanballs need to be dealt with severely, give that clown a lengthy suspension.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Jose Ureña is a talentless sack of shit. 

Oh really?   Because from the replay *I* saw, that dirty SOB Ronald Acuña jumped in front of that baseball.  Clearly he was too scared to face Ureña.   The coward.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

FOLLOW UP! 

Ureña has been given 6 games off. .. 

Well, I say he got framed, so F all of you. 

Hey, at least Keith Hernandez has your back so there's that.

23 hours ago, sabremike said:

I don't want to hear bullshit about old school and how drilling guys is OK. A baseball is a fucking weapon that can kill someone (note the stories that all too often crop up of some kid being killed because a ball hit them on the wrong spot of the chest). People throwing beanballs need to be dealt with severely, give that clown a lengthy suspension.

Hey, we all know what the "OS" in my handle stands for, but that said, I agree with you 100%. Most of you guys are too young to remember the guy that was my favorite player when I was a kid, chap name of Tony Conigiaro, played for the BoSox and while he wasn't a Brave, at least he made the Yankees miserable during his first two seasons, then he got beaned, he was never the same player again, instead of carving out a career that would have made people realize what a joke Carl Yastremski actually was, he's a dimly-remembered footnote and a "what might have been". A really tragic case.

I have no problem with coming inside to move a guy back off the plate, throwing AT someone with the intent to hit them is a whole different story, that's assault with a deadly weapon. 

• Like 1

In addition to the Stros and As both being tied, Seattle is hanging in there at 70-53. In fact if they were in the NL, Seattle would have the 2nd best record behind only the Cubs. 

The Cubs either tied or set some kind of a record in their 4 game series against the Pirates. They're either the first team or the first in a long, long time to have a 4 game series where they only scored 1 run each game and each run was a solo HR.

I can't be bothered to look up what kind of record this actually is because holy shit, they were only able to score 1 fucking run each game and each run was a solo HR. Fucking terrible.

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The Cubs either tied or set some kind of a record in their 4 game series against the Pirates. They're either the first team or the first in a long, long time to have a 4 game series where they only scored 1 run each game and each run was a solo HR.

I can't be bothered to look up what kind of record this actually is because holy shit, they were only able to score 1 fucking run each game and each run was a solo HR. Fucking terrible.

Somewhere Jacob DeGrom sees this and says "Welcome to my world!".

The ones I am seeing

- 1st team in history to score 1 run on a solo HR in 4 straight games

- Last time Cubs scored no more than 1 in four straight games, regardless of how, was May 19-23 2009.

- No one opponent has limited the Cubs to 1 run (or none) in 4 consecutive games since the Pirates did, in Sept. 1927

Other Cubs news

- The Pirates/Cubs will be the Little League WS game next year

- Yu Darvish rehab session lasted 1 inning and then he felt discomfort in his arm again. He will reportedly have a MRI when back in Chicago

As noted in the article - Kelley has yet to give up a run in his time with the As but thank God the Nats got rid of all the meanies not named Max Scherzer.

(Yes I am giggling)