DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - AUGUST

Dolfan in NYC

Did anyone watch the SFG game? I was wondering if the same fans who so rightfully motherfucked Josh Hader would have given one of their own a nice ovation after his own racist bullshit. 

If you missed it, Derek Holland went on Intentional Talk and brought along a Japanese guy that works in some respect in the SFG clubhouse and then just did a bunch of stale chop-socky jokes with a shitty accent. Nothing like the Hader stuff, but inexcusable no matter how you slice it.

https://deadspin.com/giants-pitcher-derek-holland-uses-asian-team-staffer-fo-1828541508

I was interested to see how that crowd was going to react to him, but not interested enough to watch the fucking Giants.

The Mets ship Jose Bautista down I-95 to the Phillies for later considerations. Third man in MLB history to play for three teams in the same division in one year (Bob Reynolds, 1975 and Kelly Johnson, 2014).

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The Mets ship Jose Bautista down I-95 to the Phillies for later considerations. Third man in MLB history to play for three teams in the same division in one year (Bob Reynolds, 1975 and Kelly Johnson, 2014).

Amazingly none have been AL teams. You'd think someone  would try to  stick him at DH. . .

Can the Mets organization do one fucking thing right and let David Wright get at least one more game as a Met at Citi Field? One last chance to give him a standing ovation, one last chance to show him what he means to us, one last chance to show our love and appreciation to someone who is the greatest homegrown position player in our 58 year history, one last memory for a guy who bleeds orange and blue. For Christ's sake make this happen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sabremike said:

Can the Mets organization do one fucking thing right and let David Wright get at least one more game as a Met at Citi Field? One last chance to give him a standing ovation, one last chance to show him what he means to us, one last chance to show our love and appreciation to someone who is the greatest homegrown position player in our 58 year history, one last memory for a guy who bleeds orange and blue. For Christ's sake make this happen.

*while the Metropolitans' beer is held*

12 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Josh Donaldson says his calf is hurting again after one 5 inning rehab assignment.  This calf injury is approaching Bret Hart's groin injury the likes of which we have never seen territory

How far past Bret Hart is Bob Orton Jr., thats the question.

13 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Josh Donaldson says his calf is hurting again after one 5 inning rehab assignment.  This calf injury is approaching Bret Hart's groin injury the likes of which we have never seen territory

Guys on 590 were intimating that Josh os dictating when he does and doesnt play and holding a lingering resentment over how injuries were treated last couple years. 

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Guys on 590 were intimating that Josh os dictating when he does and doesnt play and holding a lingering resentment over how injuries were treated last couple years. 

Unfortunately the guys on 590 are morons.  Especially McCown but he at least admits he doesn't even bother to watch sports that often.  Donaldson is probably more pissy that the Jays want him gone and the way this season has gone his one kick at cashing in on free agency has blown up good

11 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Unfortunately the guys on 590 are morons.  Especially McCown but he at least admits he doesn't even bother to watch sports that often.  Donaldson is probably more pissy that the Jays want him gone and the way this season has gone his one kick at cashing in on free agency has blown up good

This was the guys on the baseball show. I think mccown has been on vacation last couple weeks.

It sounds like management will pay most of his salary to trade him before the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and Stanton hit his 300th HR last night

You're lucky I'm paying down my mortgage bucko.   December to Dismember 2006 is sitting right there on my mantle. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sabremike said:

If someone shows up with bagpipes they instantly become my new hero. Same applies to a theramin.

All that's missing from this are the words: "Lucha House Party".

• Haha 1