DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING GIFS

Oh noooo. I can't stop laughing at that. I know it's horrible but I just can't stop. The instant when his chest goes over the ropes you can see what's about to happen and there's no stopping it.

I know on average the people of Mexico are shorter folk, but this just illustrates how abnormally tall Okada actually is by Japanese standards as well. About 6'3" in boots.

From what I can tell, they're proud that he's a product of Mexican training and that they were past maestros(teachers) of his and is a world star and will fight with him against his rivals any time. Probably a bit more to it than that at the end, but I think they were just pimping him up as amazing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Player One said:

I kinda want to know what exactly is going on here.... but I'm also afraid someone might tell me.

I'm going to assume the answer is "It's Japan" and call it a day.

They were doing a Lucha Star spot in a 6 man, and Yujiro's valet, Pieter, is a stripper.  She did the dance in the middle, and Yujiro and Chase got distracted.  The comedy of the spot is Omega wasn't, then started yelling at his team to refocus chased Pieter out of the ring.

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

From what I can tell, they're proud that he's a product of Mexican training and that they were past maestros(teachers) of his and is a world star and will fight with him against his rivals any time. Probably a bit more to it than that at the end, but I think they were just pimping him up as amazing.

Okada bringing in UG and Negro Casas as members of CHAOS would up my interest in New Japan about 999240145%

• Like 2

The hilarious thing about Chaos presently is Yano always wanted to be a serious strong style ace, whereas it's increasingly apparent Okada really is a midcard comedy goofball deep in his heart. (And Yano's likely to get the next IWGP title shot, of the two. So.)

And I know I made this point already in the G1 thread, but Kenny keeping gayfabe really was the highlight of the whole undercard. (And people say he doesn't take storytelling seriously...)

Anyway, this is the only acceptable no-selling, from now on:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1