DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Rev Ray

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Ken the Box seems to have gone on the Dean Ambrose workout plan.

The 2018 Ganbare☆Climax kicked off in violent fashion with the top two matches of the 1st Round. It was agreed that the main event and semi-main event would take place under Saitama Wrestling rules which meant no DQs, no countouts and no ropes attached to the ring. Yumehito Imanari knew that he had to go the extra mile to beat the stiff wooden monster known as Shin Mokujin Ken so he dressed Commando style for the match. He hid underneath a box so he could ambush Ken during its entrance but Ken was ready for him. Next, Imanari took out a machine gun and fired at Ken but the creature was not effected by the bullets. They brawled outside over to the balcony and Imanari knocked Ken into the wall with the Chubby Knee strike. Ken fell on top of a pile of boxes and couldn’t get up. Imanari then finished it off by finding his way up to the balcony and jumping off to hit a Diving Elbow Drop! Imanari was able to get up but Ken couldn’t answer the referee so Imanari was declared the winner by Knockout! When the match was over Imanari said for the last month he hated Ken. But today he felt a fresh sensation when they fought each other. Imanari now realises Ken isn’t a monster, he’s more like a forest fairy! Imanari broke down into tears and apologised for shooting Ken with a machine gun. He admits that was unnecessary. The world needs to be more peaceful and to do that Imanari will wrestle his enemies instead of shooting guns at them. Ken accepted his apology and the two gave each other a fist bump.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

The 2018 Ganbare☆Climax kicked off in violent fashion with the top two matches of the 1st Round. It was agreed that the main event and semi-main event would take place under Saitama Wrestling rules which meant no DQs, no countouts and no ropes attached to the ring. Yumehito Imanari knew that he had to go the extra mile to beat the stiff wooden monster known as Shin Mokujin Ken so he dressed Commando style for the match. He hid underneath a box so he could ambush Ken during its entrance but Ken was ready for him. Next, Imanari took out a machine gun and fired at Ken but the creature was not effected by the bullets. They brawled outside over to the balcony and Imanari knocked Ken into the wall with the Chubby Knee strike. Ken fell on top of a pile of boxes and couldn’t get up. Imanari then finished it off by finding his way up to the balcony and jumping off to hit a Diving Elbow Drop! Imanari was able to get up but Ken couldn’t answer the referee so Imanari was declared the winner by Knockout! When the match was over Imanari said for the last month he hated Ken. But today he felt a fresh sensation when they fought each other. Imanari now realises Ken isn’t a monster, he’s more like a forest fairy! Imanari broke down into tears and apologised for shooting Ken with a machine gun. He admits that was unnecessary. The world needs to be more peaceful and to do that Imanari will wrestle his enemies instead of shooting guns at them. Ken accepted his apology and the two gave each other a fist bump.

Oh.

My.

God.

There best be video of this. 

2 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Actually there is.

39206575_10156017188886443_3705681015436

They put nameplates on a Yankees home uniform. Those monsters!

They're replicas. The Yankees sell replica jerseys with player names on them. I always liked the replica jerseys with names on them. For one, they're about $100 less than the authentics with no names.

I wish the New Foundation had been around for a while longer. I think there was a lot of legs in the dynamic with Anvil and Owen, trading out Bret's technical ability for Owen's high flying really differentiated them.

A feud with the Headshrinkers in 93 would've been ?

tumblr_mkrh5zSM3k1qzx70zo1_1280.png

• Like 6

6 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I wish the New Foundation had been around for a while longer. I think there was a lot of legs in the dynamic with Anvil and Owen, trading out Bret's technical ability for Owen's high flying really differentiated them.

A feud with the Headshrinkers in 93 would've been ?

tumblr_mkrh5zSM3k1qzx70zo1_1280.png

Years ago I said the New Foundation vs Orient Express from the 92 Rumble is as good the 91 Rumble's Rockers vs Orient Express opener.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Did Imanari forfiet the rest of the matches because said fist bump shattered all the bones in his hand?

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm sure there is.

Since posting it would get it taken down nearly everywhere and be frowned upon here, if there's anything GIF worthy in it, I'll make some.

The entire thing is glorious in every way and is my new Match of the Year for matches involving Wooden Fist fighters that do it for nature.

Edit: To top it off, for you uh, crossover thrash/metal/whatever the hell fans out there, a guy in the audience had this shirt on.

SOD_85_SEOD_03.jpg

6 hours ago, Victator said:

Years ago I said the New Foundation vs Orient Express from the 92 Rumble is as good the 91 Rumble's Rockers vs Orient Express opener.

I agree with that as well. I wish Neidhart stuck around at that time and we got a longer run from the New Foundation. '92 wasn't exactly a great year for tag wrestling in WWE. I would have enjoyed the New Foundation vs. Money, Inc. more than the Natural Disasters vs. Money, Inc.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree with that as well. I wish Neidhart stuck around at that time and we got a longer run from the New Foundation. '92 wasn't exactly a great year for tag wrestling in WWE. I would have enjoyed the New Foundation vs. Money, Inc. more than the Natural Disasters vs. Money, Inc.

Yeah, that would’ve been great. The closest we got was Money Inc. vs High Energy...

• Like 1