Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Forgive my ignorance but is NJPW World airing All In live?

not ignorant at all my friend,  as of today they are going to air a replay version of it.  Honor club is showing it live but not world as of now sadly.  If you can stay spoiler free you can at least catch a replay on World.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

not ignorant at all my friend,  as of today they are going to air a replay version of it.  Honor club is showing it live but not world as of now sadly.  If you can stay spoiler free you can at least catch a replay on World.

 

Can I just subscribe to the HonorClub for a month and watch it with that, or is there a straight PPV option on top of that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, notoriusvig said:

 

Can I just subscribe to the HonorClub for a month and watch it with that, or is there a straight PPV option on top of that?

sadly to get the show you have to have honor club VIP,  you get 50% of if you are a regular member  but I don't think it would be worth it for what you are looking to do.  Also Honor Club is notorious for being garbage. The live stream may have hiccups.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a device that gets all the shows literally hours after they happen. I still pay for most streaming devices though. If you have NJPW world I would wait for it to show up sunday Am  and just avoid being online.  If you do want to pay I would highly reccomend Fite. I have never seen or heard anyone with issues from them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

That sucks.  Anyone know how the live stream is on the FITE app?  I'm still not sure I actually want to spend $40 on a PPV in 2018, lol.

I've never had any issues with the FITE app. I ordered Impact's Slammiversary and Joey Janela's Lost in New York, plus I watch Ring of Honor on there weekly without any problems. When you order on the FITE app, you'll get credit you can put toward future shows. I ordered ALL IN, then it was announced the replay would be on New Japan World, which I subscribe to. Oh well, I'm happy to do my small part to support this. It's $40; it won't break me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today, I got an exchange with some idiot on Wreddit. I told him that Shinya Hashimoto was a bigger draw than most top guys in WWE history. I brought up how he once held the record for most seven figure gates in wrestling. This is what this guy said in his reply:

”Lol. What’s the exchange rate on the two currencies. That’s what I thought. By your logic 1 million rupees is the same as 1 million dollars. You’d be a bad business man.”

He got upvoted and I got downvoted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

That's Wreddit all right

Yeah, he was arguing that AJ should’ve been ranked over Kenny Omega in the PWI 500. His words were “until you do it in WWE, you haven’t done it. Sorry not sorry.”

34 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

”Lol. What’s the exchange rate on the two currencies. That’s what I thought. By your logic 1 million rupees is the same as 1 million dollars. You’d be a bad business man.”

My reply to that dumb statement: “Shit like this is what I mean when I call you ignorant. You think you know shit but you don’t. Hashimoto headlined multiple shows with over 50,000 in attendance. Those are gates in the millions in US dollars. Shinya Hashimoto filled more seats than most of WWE’s top guys in history. That is an undeniable fact. El Santo and Mil Mascaras are bigger cultural legends in Mexico than any wrestler in WWE in America today. By your dumbass logic, none of these men “made it”.

His reply: “You do realize that 1 Japanese yen doesn’t equal a penny. I think you are the one that is ignorant.” 

Once again, he got upvoted and I got downvoted. 

I couldn’t believe the stupidity that I was seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't it seem like WWE would have an interest in signing Izzy to some kind of "hey don't do anything stupid and here stay out of Florida for awhile" contract where they use her to be in promo videos or talk to kids or something. Just so they don't end up with one of their NXT images next to a mug shot or something?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Today, I got an exchange with some idiot on Wreddit. I told him that Shinya Hashimoto was a bigger draw than most top guys in WWE history. I brought up how he once held the record for most seven figure gates in wrestling. This is what this guy said in his reply:

”Lol. What’s the exchange rate on the two currencies. That’s what I thought. By your logic 1 million rupees is the same as 1 million dollars. You’d be a bad business man.”

He got upvoted and I got downvoted.

No one cares about what anyone on Reddit said, goddammit. I come here to avoid that sort of dipshittery.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just don't read shit I know will annoy me or piss me off unless it's like a news article or something. Individual horrible people aren't worth it. My twitter feed is fairly curated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There would have been a real easy solution for that. Book your current roster better. Don't sacrifice Asuka to Charlotte and Carmella. Don't book Becky Lynch as not being able to win the big one. Don't have this never-ending on again-off again friend angle with Bayley and Sasha. Nia Jax has been MIA since her match against Ronda. There could be enough over women for the ppv. It would be one thing to have some of the women from the past make an appearance, but don't trot out the Bellas and act as if they're somehow important to the "women's revolution" while they pretty much exemplified Johnny Ace's hiring bikini models and wannabe actresses.

You, Sir, get the book!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There would have been a real easy solution for that. Book your current roster better. Don't sacrifice Asuka to Charlotte and Carmella. Don't book Becky Lynch as not being able to win the big one. Don't have this never-ending on again-off again friend angle with Bayley and Sasha. Nia Jax has been MIA since her match against Ronda. There could be enough over women for the ppv. It would be one thing to have some of the women from the past make an appearance, but don't trot out the Bellas and act as if they're somehow important to the "women's revolution" while they pretty much exemplified Johnny Ace's hiring bikini models and wannabe actresses.

I wonder how @BEN! would book all this. Is there room in the world for an all-female Stud Stable?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There would have been a real easy solution for that. Book your current roster better. Don't sacrifice Asuka to Charlotte and Carmella. Don't book Becky Lynch as not being able to win the big one. Don't have this never-ending on again-off again friend angle with Bayley and Sasha. Nia Jax has been MIA since her match against Ronda. There could be enough over women for the ppv. It would be one thing to have some of the women from the past make an appearance, but don't trot out the Bellas and act as if they're somehow important to the "women's revolution" while they pretty much exemplified Johnny Ace's hiring bikini models and wannabe actresses.

It was the Bellas candid comments about wrestling on the main roster and NXT that initiated the whole give Divas a chance deal. They were part of the transition from the divas era to the revolution with Nikki's title matches against Charlotte and the general stable war. Shitting on them because they made the best out of a shit situation is kind of ridiculous seeing that both did work hard and were generally competent by time the injuries and life outside of the ring took over. I'm not even sure how you are counting them as women from the past seeing that they never stopped working for the company. Brie had the tv show, and its just been injuries keeping Nikki from appearing. They aren't just being trotted out randomly for this. Both have been wanting to come back.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...