DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

43 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Please, don't try this at home.

Any chance these guys could get spots in the upcoming CZW Tournament of Death?

Now, they get to scrape their money together and buy a new windshield. At least, it shouldn't be too expensive for what looks to be an early 90s Pontiac.

If you're going to wear a hood with the Zodiac symbol on it, you really should either be shooting or stabbing your opponent. Perhaps, I'm nitpicking.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That guy's reaction to getting popped with the fire made me laugh even harder than him getting run into by the Zodiac. Not to mention the other guy taking a bump even though he didn't get hit by the car hahaha

Perhaps he had been watching Jinder's Saudi Rumble phantom bump.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Perhaps he had been watching Jinder's Saudi Rumble phantom bump.

The Whisper of the Wind, but... NOBODY HOME!

Jinder still bumps...

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

They just have to make him a literal embodiment of Sean Penn from Fast Times and the character writes itself. He's already about 90% of it.

Turn him into Patrick Swayze in Point Break, only replace his affinity for surfing with wrestling.

"You guys only wrestle to get radical.  You'll never get the spiritual side"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I'm thrilled to see Riddle joining NXT and I'm curious to see how things pan out for him.  It still blows my mind that a friend of mine was helping with the Joppa Evolve shows and he talked to Matt quite a bit.  He said he was a great guy but had no idea who he is (he's a not a wrestling fan but was helping a friend by driving the talent around)  Instead of wrestling they talked all about Pokemon Go and Nintendo Switch.  He not only has the guy's number but his Switch friend code (I'll lose my shit if I get the friend code).  But those details aside he's from all accounts one of the best guys you could have around and it's great to see how far he's come from MMA to WWE.

• Like 2

If I remember correctly he ended up getting a good job with a security company and pretty much stopped working in the business as it took up a lot of his time and was paying him well.  He talked about it when he was on Colts podcast years ago

• Like 1

Here's some sleazy indy pro-wrestling from Europe.

It's IWA KOKUSAI levels of sleazy, except it has no Mummies.

There's a ton of that and sleazy Japanese indy pro-wrestling on that channel with Fugo Fugo Yumeji and Tatsuhito Takaiwa even.

25 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I'll say this about Riddle, in the time of people either liking this kind of wrestler or that kind of wrestler it's really hard to find anyone that doesn't like him.

Hi there.

I had no idea I was that hard to find. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, Super Ape said:

Nah. For one thing, I actually like most of you guys, because you don’t become a shrieking defense force whenever I call Vince Russo a complete and utter moron.

Did you not watch TakeOver? Russo still has a pretty big following. They can be heard chanting "bro, bro, bro."