Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Recommended Posts

Dino Bravo was actually pretty good in Montreal. And he wasn't the first or last to have his worst work while working for Titan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Our own Filthy Tom Lawlor finally got released by UFC. Hopefully this further opens up his wrestling career as I believe this now allows him to work for Impact or WWE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Awesome! Our own Filthy Tom Lawlor finally got released by UFC. Hopefully this further opens up his wrestling career as I believe this now allows him to work for Impact or WWE.

Considering he is one of the prime people working for MLW (thus most likely means he has a MLW contract) - I don't think WWE is gonna come calling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't mean right away, but at least it's possible now.

Or he could fight for Belator I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I am pissed off.  I had only gotten to watch like five episodes of MLW on beIN Sports before fIOS yanked the channel a week ago.

They reached a new contract this morning which probably means that beIN will get bumped up to a bundle that costs more than the one I currently own.  

Same thing happened with El Rey a year ago.

I am going to drop these fuckers for Xfinity if they keep this shit up.  Why can't the fucking Blaze TV channel ever go away like my favorite stations do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J.T. said:

Well, I am pissed off.  I have only gotten to watch like five episodes of MLW on beIN Sports before fIOS yanked the channel from the line-up.

I don't have the channel at all but they have the episodes on Youtube.  Chromecast/Fire Stick/Roku/etc.  that whenever and you're golden.

And considering how miserable Tom sounded about him in UFC I could see Bellator a fresh start for him while still wrestling.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't have the channel at all but they have the episodes on Youtube.  Chromecast/Fire Stick/Roku/etc.  that whenever and you're golden.

And considering how miserable Tom sounded about him in UFC I could see Bellator a fresh start for him while still wrestling.

This is why you are my peeps, Niko.  I can stream YouTube on the Smart TV in the man cave.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't have the channel at all but they have the episodes on Youtube.  Chromecast/Fire Stick/Roku/etc.  that whenever and you're golden.

And considering how miserable Tom sounded about him in UFC I could see Bellator a fresh start for him while still wrestling.

Well, UFC totally fucked him over for years. Any time he talked about it on F4W I just felt bad for the guy, but he was always good about seeing the positive side of things. I think the one time he talked about how he had time to be at home and do little stuff like let his dog out. This was before he was doing the pro wrestling thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sin Cara is visiting the good doctors in Birmingham, Alabama

Sin Cara will continue to not be on our TV screens for a long time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meltzer has never rated WWF/WWE highly.  There's a few 5 stars he's thrown around over the years but not many.  He's given better scores to NXT.  I used to think it was maybe he just didn't like something about WWE's style or what have you but the NXT main event style isn't far off the WWE main event style so I guess he just has an issue with the main roster as a whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross posting from the UUDD THREAD

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people get upset at Meltzer for “breaking the scale” with these 6 and 7 star ratings when in 1999, he gave a match -459.4 stars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New WWE Fan Council Questionare came out today, with the leading page saying they want to know about me, the viewer, personally. They then proceed to ask about 6 questions straight about Smackdown specifically, which I found was interesting. The rest was standard fare about what kind of matches you like, what would you like to see more/less of in a show, etc. Then the REALLY personal questions came in. Stuff like how often do pay for things with a check or credit card?

How often do you do each of the following?
Please select one response for each item.
  Multiple times a week At least once a week A few times per month At least once per month Less than once per month Never
Play video games
Go to a casino
Purchase collectibles
Purchase shoes/sneakers
Go to a professional sporting event
Go to the movies
Wear sports apparel
Play the lottery/scratch off
Purchase clothes
Wear workout clothing
Go to a gym
Watch a WWE DVD/Video
Watch a non-workout DVD/Video
Purchase toys for kids (to be used)
Purchase action figures
Workout in your home
Watch a workout DVD/Video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

New WWE Fan Council Questionare came out today, with the leading page saying they want to know about me, the viewer, personally. They then proceed to ask about 6 questions straight about Smackdown specifically, which I found was interesting. The rest was standard fare about what kind of matches you like, what would you like to see more/less of in a show, etc. Then the REALLY personal questions came in. Stuff like how often do pay for things with a check or credit card?

How often do you do each of the following?
Please select one response for each item.
  Multiple times a week At least once a week A few times per month At least once per month Less than once per month Never
             
Go to a casino            
             

A WWE-themed Slot Machine would be solely responsible for driving 62% of Appalachia to bankruptcy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peck said:

A WWE-themed Slot Machine would be solely responsible for driving 62% of Appalachia to bankruptcy.

Which kid didn't drop a heap of pocket money into this bad boy? Also who was that on the front with Doink? Perfect? Backlund?

Image result for wwf royal rumble pinball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it just a generic ref? It looks like the blue shirt/black bow tie they wore at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Alfonso?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peck said:

A WWE-themed Slot Machine would be solely responsible for driving 62% of Appalachia to bankruptcy.

Would that be a bad thing?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't around 62% always been the case? Can't get blood from a stone. 

From the looks of it we are going to get plenty of Seth Rollins Crossfit Workout ads in our future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry though, I imagine "work out" will skew those numbers pretty low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean Ross Sapp says SummerSlam will be in Toronto next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×