DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I think the plan was (and still is) eventually for her to wrestle the competent veteran Nattie because Nattie is capable of guiding her to a quality bout. But for name value, I expect it wouldn't have been the plan for Evolution. I think they're looking for bigger matches for the show. 

Citation needed RE: Nattie being competent and guiding anyone to a quality bout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaeBlazer said:

“I’d put AJ over him. Until you do it in WWE. You haven’t done it. Sorry not sorry.”

This was a quote I saw earlier about Kenny Omega topping the PWI 500. God, I hate ignorant wrestling fans.

Probably from someone that has never seen a Kenny Omega match; and probably never saw an AJ Styles match prior to his WWE run.

That's why I try to stay away from FB wrestling discussions and wreddit.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Probably from someone that has never seen a Kenny Omega match; and probably never saw an AJ Styles match prior to his WWE run.

Yeah, it was on Wreddit of course.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I lucked out and am in some pretty solid private FB groups, but Wreddit is liquid cancer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

White Mike (the guy that fought New Jack and we all said was gonna get killed) being the guy that ate Effy's ass was the cherry on top of that article.

The cherry should have been on top of the whipped cream in Effy's ass.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Casey said:

Brie/Maryse is rumored, plus Nikki Bella supposedly challenging Rousey for the belt. If Trish is coming out of retirement for a match, you’ve gotta assume Lita will too most likely. You really think they’re going to fill the card up with Alicia Fox versus Mickie James or something? Come on. This is going to have a lot of past names on the card - if it doesn’t, I’ll eat my words for sure, but I’d almost put money on that being the case.

I really hope they don't overload it with past names, nothing would make a mockery of the idea of "Evolution" than bringing back the likes of Lita who was bloody awful when she retired 12 years ago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I really hope they don't overload it with past names, nothing would make a mockery of the idea of "Evolution" than bringing back the likes of Lita who was bloody awful when she retired 12 years ago. 

That's the way it looks like it's going to be. I mean Asuka and Nia Jax have been MIA for how long now, but they have to get the Bellas back on tv. If there's a great concept, WWE will fuck it up. 

It doesn't look like anything right now with only one match officially set and the other match unofficially set being the MYC. People are really going out of their way to be annoyed about this before anything has even been set up. Not saying they won't fuck it up, but at least let them make half the damn card first.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

It doesn't look like anything right now with only one match officially set and the other match unofficially set being the MYC.

Doesn't mean that wrestling fans can't bitch in advance!

• Like 2

There would have been a real easy solution for that. Book your current roster better. Don't sacrifice Asuka to Charlotte and Carmella. Don't book Becky Lynch as not being able to win the big one. Don't have this never-ending on again-off again friend angle with Bayley and Sasha. Nia Jax has been MIA since her match against Ronda. There could be enough over women for the ppv. It would be one thing to have some of the women from the past make an appearance, but don't trot out the Bellas and act as if they're somehow important to the "women's revolution" while they pretty much exemplified Johnny Ace's hiring bikini models and wannabe actresses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Forgive my ignorance but is NJPW World airing All In live?

not ignorant at all my friend,  as of today they are going to air a replay version of it.  Honor club is showing it live but not world as of now sadly.  If you can stay spoiler free you can at least catch a replay on World.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

not ignorant at all my friend,  as of today they are going to air a replay version of it.  Honor club is showing it live but not world as of now sadly.  If you can stay spoiler free you can at least catch a replay on World.

Can I just subscribe to the HonorClub for a month and watch it with that, or is there a straight PPV option on top of that?

1 minute ago, notoriusvig said:

Can I just subscribe to the HonorClub for a month and watch it with that, or is there a straight PPV option on top of that?

sadly to get the show you have to have honor club VIP,  you get 50% of if you are a regular member  but I don't think it would be worth it for what you are looking to do.  Also Honor Club is notorious for being garbage. The live stream may have hiccups.  

• Like 1

I have a device that gets all the shows literally hours after they happen. I still pay for most streaming devices though. If you have NJPW world I would wait for it to show up sunday Am  and just avoid being online.  If you do want to pay I would highly reccomend Fite. I have never seen or heard anyone with issues from them.

8 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

That sucks.  Anyone know how the live stream is on the FITE app?  I'm still not sure I actually want to spend $40 on a PPV in 2018, lol.

I've never had any issues with the FITE app. I ordered Impact's Slammiversary and Joey Janela's Lost in New York, plus I watch Ring of Honor on there weekly without any problems. When you order on the FITE app, you'll get credit you can put toward future shows. I ordered ALL IN, then it was announced the replay would be on New Japan World, which I subscribe to. Oh well, I'm happy to do my small part to support this. It's $40; it won't break me.

• Like 2

Today, I got an exchange with some idiot on Wreddit. I told him that Shinya Hashimoto was a bigger draw than most top guys in WWE history. I brought up how he once held the record for most seven figure gates in wrestling. This is what this guy said in his reply:

”Lol. What’s the exchange rate on the two currencies. That’s what I thought. By your logic 1 million rupees is the same as 1 million dollars. You’d be a bad business man.”

He got upvoted and I got downvoted.