DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Have them just send everybody we don't like. Ziggler, Orton, Steph, etc.

I’m pretty sure sending Ziggler to wrestle in any country would be seen as an act of war.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What kind of world are we living in where Jason Sensation and fucking Vince Russo are a simple text away. I mean actual FRIENDS!  like EQUALS..  

Russo probably wrote the Attitude Era segments that Sensation was on so it actually makes sense.

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

We all just have each other on ignore.

No way. The problem is that I'm on mobile all the time and I forget to refresh. I don't have a single person on ignore. Even if someone were to piss me off or vice versa, it's still always good to get differing opinions on things.

• Like 1

Does Canada have a law about making terrorist threats? Is from Sensation even in Canada? Otherwise it might be difficult to prosecute. But his ass needs a beating at the very least after that bullshit. . . . .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

Does Canada have a law about making terrorist threats? Is from Sensation even in Canada? Otherwise it might be difficult to prosecute. But his ass needs a beating at the very least after that bullshit. . . . .

Especially after what just happened in Jacksonville.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We had a funny guy with us in Korea. A tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific.

I read this in Frank Costanza's voice and laughed out loud, but I think that reading anything in Jerry Stiller's voice makes it 403% funnier. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I can empathize with someone having mental health issues. But I know as low as I have been (and I have been pretty low), I never thought of doing something that would hurt other people. 

You know depression is a strange beast. At the risk of giving some jerk fodder to use. Years ago I was near my lowest point, I ended up seeking help two months later. But one of the worst thoughts I had was walking in traffic. The thing that stopped me was fear of ruining some motorists day. Depression logic does not consider my sisters and nephews would be at least a little upset. But I worried about a theoretical stranger. 

I hope Jason is at the very least committed for 72 hours because a healthy person does not do that. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Especially after what just happened in Jacksonville.

We had our own mass shooting here a month ago - coincidentally it was the same night as the last major wrestling show here - Slammiversary 

FWIW - noone in the arena seemed to be aware of anything happening 

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

2 hours ago, Super Ape said:

I’m pretty sure sending Ziggler to wrestle in any country would be seen as an act of war.

Yeah, but it's Canada. 

Also apologies for stepping on FlaeBlazer's Vampiro post, I missed it until a minute ago. At least he figured out how to crosspost from Facebook which I failed at miserably

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

We had our own mass shooting here a month ago - coincidentally it was the same night as the last major wrestling show here - Slammiversary 

FWIW - noone in the arena seemed to be aware of anything happening 

Nope. It was a pretty big deal at the arena. Heightened security and police presence thanks to the threat.

That being said, I've kinda sorta known Jason Sensation casually for about 15 years. When I first heard of the threat I was concerned, but once I knew it was him I was pretty sure it was a work. From what I've gathered there was a little over an hour between the first threat tweet and it being debunked.

6 hours ago, Rick said:

Shayna will become an instant hit when she's brought up to team with/feud with Ronda. Io/Kairi/Nicki Cross (could easily fill the void AJ Lee left)/Deonna Purazzo/Bianca/Dakota all have potential to be stars. That's not forgetting that they have Toni Storm under contract, who really does have everything to become a huge star in the future. That's a bad take from drew to be honest. 

I could've said that better. There's no female in NXT I think WWE sees that kind of value in. None of them are my cup of tea, except maybe Dakota, and Toni Storm, but I have little doubt they'll all be sacrificed at the silicone altar of the Bella's by 2020. 

33 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

He’s gonna have to do some time for that, right? I can’t imagine a false threat like that would bring anything less than it would here in the states. 

There’s no way the police force gets a call like that without finding a way to make sure some charges get laid. No worries on that front. 

5 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

If Sasha couldn’t get the match, at least she got a consolation prize.

Who does Trish think she is, Johnny Cage?

On that, I really wish Miz would’ve stolen the Cage bit once he went all Hollywood. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

On that, I really wish Miz would’ve stolen the Cage bit once he went all Hollywood. 

Getting his neck snapped in an inferior sequel by the guy who ate bugs in "Fright Night Part 2"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, just drew said:

I could've said that better. There's no female in NXT I think WWE sees that kind of value in. None of them are my cup of tea, except maybe Dakota, and Toni Storm, but I have little doubt they'll all be sacrificed at the silicone altar of the Bella's by 2020. 

You still could've said that better. 

The current NXT crew not being your cup of tea doesn't mean the company doesn't see value in them - at the very least they're clearly high on Lacey Evans. 

ETA: The mythical altar of the Bellas is a ridiculous concept. Who exactly has been sacrificed there? And who are we worried will be sacrificed there? They're both semi-retired and being brought back to put over Ronda and further the Bryan-Miz angle. 

But Brie got to beat AJ's record title reign. CLEAR BURIAL!!!!!!!!

Also, if only one of them has implants, why is it a silicone altar? Why do we need to feel the need to point out which women have implants anyway? Even worse, why are the implants only pointed out when it is a female wrestler we don't like? Nobody said shit about Gail Kim's implants, or Allie's either.

Someone needs to tell me what they see in Dakota Kai. Whenever I watch her wrestle, she's never the better worker in the match, and the promos I have seen are not overly good either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

You still could've said that better. 

The current NXT crew not being your cup of tea doesn't mean the company doesn't see value in them - at the very least they're clearly high on Lacey Evans. 

ETA: The mythical altar of the Bellas is a ridiculous concept. Who exactly has been sacrificed there? And who are we worried will be sacrificed there? They're both semi-retired and being brought back to put over Ronda and further the Bryan-Miz angle. 

Not to mention one has a very fucked up neck and the other has more of her heart in being a mom. They won't be around for long.

2 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Someone needs to tell me what they see in Dakota Kai. Whenever I watch her wrestle, she's never the better worker in the match, and the promos I have seen are not overly good either.

Dude, you aren't alone. I know Bayley isn't everyone's cup of tea here, but I tend to like Bayley a ton. Dakota Kai comes off as bootleg Bayley.

Kai would have been way better if she turned heel and became Shayna's version of Reek.

• Like 4