DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, Peck said:

There is a female wrestler who goes by Regina "Honey" Badger and she also appears to be non-fuckable-with.

Dkz9bSvW0AAg530.jpg

She appears to be absolutely terrifying.

• Like 2

So here is an airport story. I was traveling out of Spokane around 2007/8 and Raw was there the night before. The concourse there is really small and I was in the same area as most of the roster. I remember Cena, Bautista, Arn Anderson, Matt Hardy and a whole bunch of others. I stood right behind Punk, Evan Bourne and Hornswaggle boarding my flight. Hornswaggle was in first class, Punk somewhere  in the back  and Evan Bourne and I were sitting in the front row behind first class with a empty seat in between us. 

Have you ever had that empty seat beside you and the plane is almost full and you are praying no one is going to sit there? Me too. It had to be near of boarding and right in the doorway appears Mark FUCKING Henry standing there, and I am not looking forward to this at all. Turns out he was sitting in the very last row of first class and the seat went empty. 

And just to tie it back to the previous pages, I hate it when people talk to me at an airport, so I sympathize with those who have to deal with it on a regular basis. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, OSJ said:

She appears to be absolutely terrifying.

you are talking about the wrong person in this pic.  Katie is really good, She had a great cage match with Lufisto and took a beating.  I think she will be a big star. Just like with DJ Z and Elias I am glad to say I saw her first match.  She has come a long way

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

you are talking about the wrong person in this pic.  Katie is really good, She had a great cage match with Lufisto and took a beating.  I think she will be a big star. Just like with DJ Z and Elias I am glad to say I saw her first match.  She has come a long way

Yeah I saw her at that Rise taping in Pittsburgh. She definitely wasn’t bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Cool! Let me poke around on ye olde youtube and see what I can find. Truth be told, both ladies look to be rather formidable. Always nice to watch someone's career develop. Still recall fondly seeing Dustin Rhodes' first televised match... So, so old... ? 

I've always felt a bit badly for Lufisto, she was literally ten years ahead of the curve in women's wrestling in North America. Can you imagine the career she'd be having if she was 28 now as opposed to 38? Steph will continue to take all the credit for the "revolution",  but the fact is that without Lufisto we'd still be stuck in the era of shrieking and hair-pulling and VKM's favorite, the bra & panties matches.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I've always felt a bit badly for Lufisto, she was literally ten years ahead of the curve in women's wrestling in North America. Can you imagine the career she'd be having if she was 28 now as opposed to 38? Steph will continue to take all the credit for the "revolution",  but the fact is that without Lufisto we'd still be stuck in the era of shrieking and hair-pulling and VKM's favorite, the bra & panties matches.

How did you come to this reasoning?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the WWE pushing women's wrestling is Stephanie wanting to cement her legacy. Almost everything in WWE is because of her father and a small group of talent. There is not much she can do in the company to effect positive change. But if she can make women's wrestling respected and viable within WWE, that would be her legacy. That is why she manufactures so many moments and makes sure she is part of it. Which is not a bad thing, though it has typical WWE changing of history. 

WWE's pushing of women has to do with HHH and a pushback from the fandom several years ago after the Horsewomen showed their capabilities in NXT. Steph is pushed as the face behind the movement because she is a woman and one of the people who will be running the company when Vince passes.

• Like 1

I don't believe I said she was or that the main roster ideas are things HHH would push. I said the reason why the division is being pushed in the first place and why Steph is put at the forefront  during all of the big announcements.

Did anyone else watch Joey Janela's Lost in New York? I watched it last night and won't be able to get "Teenage Dirtbag" out of my head for a while. I kind of had forgotten how enjoyable Nate Webb was in the early 2000s. Unfortunately, Webb got pigeonholed as a garbage wrestler when he actually was capable of a lot more. The same happened to Necro Butcher, and I know some don't believe it, Necro actually could wrestle. This video is a fun trip back in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The same happened to Necro Butcher, and I know some don't believe it, Necro actually could wrestle.

Necro was great. Mid 2000's Necro got a ton of love.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Did anyone else watch Joey Janela's Lost in New York? I watched it last night and won't be able to get "Teenage Dirtbag" out of my head for a while. I kind of had forgotten how enjoyable Nate Webb was in the early 2000s. Unfortunately, Webb got pigeonholed as a garbage wrestler when he actually was capable of a lot more. 

(Spoiled because it’s a stupid anecdote.)

Nothing to do with Janela here, I just felt like posting this. A friend of mine was/is a huge Webb fan. My best memory of this was CZW’s Cage of Death #whatever in ‘04. Webb is doing his walk around the ECW Arena for his entrance, he passes my friend and I on the camera side, and he stops Nate, takes out a cig and goes “Let’s go to flavor country!”. Gives him a cig, lights it, and Nate puffs and parades on. 

I’ll never buy the dvd, but I wish the match or at least that was on YouTube somewhere. I’ve never seen it.

Another funny thing from that was the “fans bring the weapons” stip for the main event. I brought two; a cymbal that I covered with Gorilla Glue and laced with salt and long thumbtacks. Because why not? The other was a shitty acoustic guitar I covered in tacks, that ended up being used by Nick Gage, or at least attempted to be. 

He’s fighting with someone on top of the cage, and grabs my guitar. “Holy shit! He’s using it!”, I say. He rears back and the fucking thing breaks like Elias’ guitar at The SummerSlam. So he ended up just whacking him with the body instead. 

Good times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Hide contents

(Spoiled because it’s a stupid anecdote.)

Nothing to do with Janela here, I just felt like posting this. A friend of mine was/is a huge Webb fan. My best memory of this was CZW’s Cage of Death #whatever in ‘04. Webb is doing his walk around the ECW Arena for his entrance, he passes my friend and I on the camera side, and he stops Nate, takes out a cig and goes “Let’s go to flavor country!”. Gives him a cig, lights it, and Nate puffs and parades on. 

I’ll never buy the dvd, but I wish the match or at least that was on YouTube somewhere. I’ve never seen it.

Another funny thing from that was the “fans being the weapons” stip for the main event. I brought two; a cymbal that I covered with Gorilla Glue and laced with salt and long thumbtacks. Because why not? The other was a shitty acoustic guitar I covered in tacks, that ended up being used by Nick Gage, or at least attempted to be. 

He’s fighting with someone on top of the cage, and grabs my guitar. “Holy shit! He’s using it!”, I say. He rears back and the fucking thing breaks like Elias’ guitar at The SummerSlam. So he ended up just whacking him with the body instead. 

Good times.

There is nothing stupid about that anecdote.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

Necro was great. Mid 2000's Necro got a ton of love.

It's just a shame after "The Wrestler" came out, Necro never got a big shot on national television. I mean no way WWE would have taken him, but TNA could have easily signed him. Necro vs. Abyss could have been a fun little feud and we could have gotten Necro/Joe again.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2018 at 2:46 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Of course the booking seems fine when you've smoked yourself retarded.

One would think, but not always the case. No wonder it feels like Raw is 14 hours long

12 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Swear to God, I'm flying there this week.  What's about to happen to me?  And no, I'm not flying there for RAW.

There's a Sasha joke here but im staying far away