DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

It is so weird to me that they have them teasing 4 Horsewomen vs 4 Horsewomen already but aren't running it until Survivor Series (I am not saying that it should be earlier... just probably confusing for folks)

1 hour ago, Jamal said:

That could work. I think Michelle was pretty decent in-ring wise during a time when that was not the company’s priority. If Layla is with it, this could be a nice Little match. 

Isn't Iconics vs Laycool a more natural pairing?

• Like 1

"Earthquake, make the ground shake" with a clip of Nia doing a super Samoan drop on Alexa... That's sure going to offend someone. Right?

Best time to be a women... Show's a clip of Paige getting motorboated...

9 hours ago, Jamal said:

That could work. I think Michelle was pretty decent in-ring wise during a time when that was not the company’s priority. If Layla is with it, this could be a nice Little match. 

Didn't Layla get forced to retire by WWE for the same reason Christian/Corey Graves had to retire (the "they cannot physically take a bump without getting a concussion anymore" thing?)

That also reminds me that I finally did do my survey - and they asked me all about RAW.

I am thinking they probably won't want to send me a survey about RAW again

• Like 1

22 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It gets even better. The planned main event for Evolution is said to be

Reveal hidden contents

Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella

Spoiler

That is kind of disappointing. She doesn't seem like the best opponent, and I was hoping we would get the Bellas going for the tag belts.

I finally did it; I deactivated my Twitter. I barely have time to watch any wrestling at all, yet in between everyone’s shitty takes, the bubbling of the awful shit that goes on in the indies up to an including the so-called sacred cows, and even just laughing at how WWE misses on its booking so bad, it is all just so exhausting. Will I go back? Maybe, once I have a computer and more than one TV in the house, but who knows. There’s only so much struggle in deciding if I’m an ironic or sincere Inokiist I can take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That is kind of disappointing. She doesn't seem like the best opponent, and I was hoping we would get the Bellas going for the tag belts.

I would be more excited if the actual wrestling was better.  You watch Lucha and Japan then come back to WWE and are like 'WTF?'

23 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

I finally did it; I deactivated my Twitter. I barely have time to watch any wrestling at all, yet in between everyone’s shitty takes, the bubbling of the awful shit that goes on in the indies up to an including the so-called sacred cows, and even just laughing at how WWE misses on its booking so bad, it is all just so exhausting. Will I go back? Maybe, once I have a computer and more than one TV in the house, but who knows. There’s only so much struggle in deciding if I’m an ironic or sincere Inokiist I can take.

Well done.  Now watch your anxiety level drop once the withdrawal is over.  You are a better person for it.

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

Is this a request for the mods to delete your account on here also? A lot of what you mentioned goes on here, too...

4 hours ago, Edwin said:

Is this a request for the mods to delete your account on here also? A lot of what you mentioned goes on here, too...

Nah. For one thing, I actually like most of you guys, because you don’t become a shrieking defense force whenever I call Vince Russo a complete and utter moron.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super Ape said:

Nah. For one thing, I actually like most of you guys, because you don’t becoming a shrieking defense force whenever I call Vince Russo a complete and utter moron.

bpPJvvO.gif

• Haha 3

Did WWE drop the camera shaking for high impact moves and beatdowns? I don't think I saw them last night.

Also, when was it that they began doing this? Or was this something that always occurred and it just got overly ridiculous in recent years?

6 hours ago, Super Ape said:

You can also be ironically sincere or sincerely ironic.

5 hours ago, Super Ape said:

Nah. For one thing, I actually like most of you guys, because you don’t become a shrieking defense force whenever I call Vince Russo a complete and utter moron.

HOW DARE YOU! *honks horn* Yeah, he is a piece of shit. I just like to pretend I'm offended and honk loud horns on an hourly basis.

7 minutes ago, peterien said:

I don’t know how to link but there’s a 10min video about Matt Riddles departure from Evolve and now he’s one of my favorite wrestlers already. 

They just have to make him a literal embodiment of Sean Penn from Fast Times and the character writes itself. He's already about 90% of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan said:

You can also be ironically sincere or sincerely ironic.

"Sincerity is the key, and once you learn how to fake that you've got it made!"- Jim Cornette

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, peterien said:

I don’t know how to link but there’s a 10min video about Matt Riddles departure from Evolve and now he’s one of my favorite wrestlers already. 

Was posted in the EVOLVE thread, but here it is:

I'm over getting invested in WWE not tripping over themselves and hoping they'll stop mismanaging talent, so I'm sure they'll find a way to turn him into RVD 2.0, but Riddle is the man. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I'm over getting invested in WWE not tripping over themselves and hoping they'll stop mismanaging talent, so I'm sure they'll find a way to turn him into RVD 2.0, but Riddle is the man. 

That seems the fastest way to sell him. Before you give him his own deal.