DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

WWE has officially announced the Alexa Bliss/Trish Stratus match now

Figures right after I was all “We don’t need this for two months” in the thread

WWE should not be inviting comparisons between the two. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sasha was hoping for the match with Trish they teased it at the Rumble and Sasha talked about it with Cathy Kelly just yesterday about how much she wanted to face Trish.  Looks like it's the Boss n' Hug Connection though I'm guessing....  

Yeah Sasha commented on IG that she’s not okay with it but it could be a work.

Somebody on Wreddit said it perfectly. That Alexa Bliss is living Sasha Banks’ dream career.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Nah..  sorry bruh.   I'm no longer commenting on how I feel about those types of things.   Instead I leave you with this.  

I do feel like that where the stories of the heat between Sasha and Alexa come from. I know they had “issues” in NXT but Sasha is self-admittedly very prideful and she’s probably resentful that somebody that she sees as inferior to her gets all the opportunities instead.

I remember that Charlotte in her book said that Sasha and her had a rift in NXT because Sasha felt that Charlotte was getting the push and opportunities that she felt she deserved. So she definitely has the mindset that she is the best and should be at the top. And Charlotte is way better than Alexa so if she had a problem with Charlotte for that reason, it kinda makes you wonder if Sasha is really salty about Alexa’s push.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

WWE has officially announced the Alexa Bliss/Trish Stratus match now

Figures right after I was all “We don’t need this for two months” in the thread

Lol

26 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Yeah Sasha commented on IG that she’s not okay with it but it could be a work.

Somebody on Wreddit said it perfectly. That Alexa Bliss is living Sasha Banks’ dream career.

Doubt it's a work with Sasha Banks wanting to wrestle Trish Stratus plus the heat between Alexa Bliss and Banks as noted by @Niners Fan in CT and you.

I'm surprised they announced Trish vs. Alexa before Summerslam. That seems odd. Sasha would have been preferable, but if they are doing Boss N Hug Connection for the tag tiles it makes sense why it won;t happen. Hopefully Trish/Aexa does well enough to motivate Trish for mini run so Sasha can get her match in. That and, oddly enough, Nikki/Asuka were the most interesting match ups during the women's rumble this year.

• Like 2

See, the women do get equal treatment to the men! 

They also get part-timers coming in for big shows to take spots from the regulars who bust their asses day-in and day-out all year long. 

(I know the women’s division isn’t as big, so it’s more likely that these part-timers are coming in to simply fill the card. I’m just making a joke. Thanks.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I'd be okay with Evolution being a card full of matches we didn't think we'd see, since it's being hyped as a special event. Future women's shows should focus on the main roster though.

Ugh...I shudder to think of which current roster member is going to have to be stuck with Michelle McTaker. We haven't seen Nia Jax in a while. Maybe she'll be trotted out to be fat shamed by Taker's anorexic looking wife.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

So they're running with Janela's idea of current star vs. former star then?

Aja Kong did wrestle in the WWF at the same time as Hakushi/Shinzaki, is still active, and Nia has cited her as a favorite... just sayin’. 

Though getting an old joshi star to wrestle someone else would really kill Sasha, on top of the Trish deal. I guess Hokuto—her fave—has been retired forever anyway.