DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

20 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

^^^

Looks like they found a way to copy Ponder vs. OGT without getting either team into TNA.

Probably something to do with Reddit or Wreddit because why not?

Apparently some Wikipedia mod came up this line of reasoning that since wrestling is fake, so are the moves and you can't confirm their validty. Wikipedia is full of itself.

47 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I’ve already posted this twice in TNA threads but I think more people should see it. They ended last nights episode of Impact with a Street Fight Between LAX and the OG’z.

the angle is that Eddie Kingston is leading Homicide and Hernandez against Konnan and his new LAX as they feel Konnan should have brought them in as LAX when he brought LAX back.

So they had a brawl in a parking lot which has the look and feel to the final fight scene in a b movie and I mean that in the best way possible .

That is hilarious and Lucha Underground-worthy. Fitting that they keep the bosses out because you know if they hit Konnan he'd explode in a puff of dust. Probably the funniest part is Homicide attempting a Cop Killer on one dude... in a street fight in a parking lot. 

"COWIDS! COWIDS!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That is hilarious and Lucha Underground-worthy. Fitting that they keep the bosses out because you know if they hit Konnan he'd explode in a puff of dust. Probably the funniest part is Homicide attempting a Cop Killer on one dude... in a street fight in a parking lot. 

"COWIDS! COWIDS!"

Don't sleep on Hernandez using the Border Toss in a street fight. You know what this street fight could have used? A cameo from Julius Smokes. He and Homicide were a great pair. 

I hope this isn't the end of LAX vs. The OGz. It won't feel complete unless Eddie Kingston brings in BLK OUT and Homicide brings in The Rottweilers.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Don't sleep on Hernandez using the Border Toss in a street fight. You know what this street fight could have used? A cameo from Julius Smokes. He and Homicide were a great pair. 

I hope this isn't the end of LAX vs. The OGz. It won't feel complete unless Eddie Kingston brings in BLK OUT and Homicide brings in The Rottweilers.

Mods: I know there is a "like" option for posts, but for posts like this can you create an "I love this post so much I want to have it's babies" option???

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gorman said:

That's not good.  I use those to prepare for announcing.

Dig through the history of edits. You can find them and see what they used to say at least.

• Like 1

Enough folks will probably want to see this as to not be in just the Summerslam thread

I am spending far too long trying to find out if Bray Wyatt was shoot mad or not about going to RAW

"Outside the ring, you're supposed to protect your brother. In this case, it's a situation where 75, 80, 90 percent of the wrestlers are protecting me and they're giving me another chance to move forward. There's just a few wrestlers that don't understand the bond and the brotherhood of wrestling. If someone makes a mistake, you need to forgive them and move on and try to let them prove themselves.” - Hulk Hogan

15 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

"Outside the ring, you're supposed to protect your brother. In this case, it's a situation where 75, 80, 90 percent of the wrestlers are protecting me and they're giving me another chance to move forward. There's just a few wrestlers that don't understand the bond and the brotherhood of wrestling. If someone makes a mistake, you need to forgive them and move on and try to let them prove themselves.” - Hulk Hogan

Holy shit, this racist fucker is so delusional.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, caley said:

Terrible headline as Peyton’s hands are pretty clean, I’d say

Terrible, click bait headline on Deadspin you say? That's new lol. In Bix's defense I've heard him say multiple times he doesn't write the headlines. 

• Like 1

Joe totally kept Kayfabe Legitimacy as well as "shooting" in the softest sense.

Give him the title for at least 6 months. This was so good.

As for meltz. I subscribe. I enjoy all of it. I roll my eyes HARD when Bryan makes a joke and Meltz misses it. I think Dave should have just said, "I made a bad fake boob joke, and i'm sorry."

However, talking for as long as he did and tweets, i'm fine with his apology. And I REALLY like Peyton......... 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Company threw him a lifeline and the guy is such a full of shit carny he decided to hang himself with it.

Key on the "brother" part given that the 25, 20, 10 percent that had a problem with Hogan coming back was mostly black people

To all the people who played the "he made a mistake and he is now accepting responsibility" card a couple months ago,  would you like to amend that opinion

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Key on the "brother" part given that the 25, 20, 10 percent that had a problem with Hogan coming back was mostly black people

To all the people who played the "he made a mistake and he is now accepting responsibility" card a couple months ago,  would you like to amend that opinion

Well, in his heart where we can't see it or detect it, I'm sure he's completely humbled and penitent. 

24 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Another reason to seek out Marge Schott's grave and piss all over it

What I love about this story is that it really enhances what a piece of shit Marge Schott was. Like, she wasn't just evil in big, obvious ways. She was also trash in small ways, like ruining a chance for fans of some of those mediocre late '80s/early '90s Reds teams to enjoy themselves at the park for just a little while. 

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

What I love about this story is that it really enhances what a piece of shit Marge Schott was. Like, she wasn't just evil in big, obvious ways. She was also trash in small ways, like ruining a chance for fans of some of those mediocre late '80s/early '90s Reds teams to enjoy themselves at the park for just a little while. 

#billywest

• Like 5

21 hours ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Not that I believe that Tye Dillinger is in the right for going after Dave like that but he has a special emotional investment in this situation because Peyton is his girlfriend. I don’t blame him for not acting completely rational there. The other talent deserved to be criticized for the pile-on. But in Tye’s case, it’s different.

He can call Dave a piece of shit but he also asked for forgiveness for his blunders. So maybe he can grant Dave the same. Or he could always challenge Dave to a fair one in which he'd lose because Dave looks like a fucking monster these days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1