DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

28 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Yeah this pretty much and it's awful. The one time I looked into it and they were arguing that "Cagematch is not a source for moves because it's only for results" which isn't even true but those wiki admins wouldn't budge and will delete anyone's attempts to add moves back.

Now where will I go to learn about the sidewalk slam? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

Twitter itself and the way people use it is a large part of the problem. Each additional application merely exacerbates the problems it causes, as usual. As with any medium, identification of it's advantages and problems before using it is necessary but rarely done by those who have immersed themselves in it. I am against it for the most part. It's a black hole of shitness, and lately it has been burning, degrading everything inside it. Leave it alone and let it wither.

- RAF (insert .gif of Abe  Simpson v. cloud headline here)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Jesus, the past five pages have been a chore to get through.

Yeah, I logged in this evening and realized I was about seven pages behind in this thread.  I read two or three pages then jumped to page 26.  The pages I did read were a slog.

Jesus, I leave y'all alone for 24 hours and the thread goes nuts.  I don't even blame Meltzer.  Anyone who's followed him on Twitter realizes he shouldn't be left unattended for a full day.

Alvarez should probably be grateful that Dave stuck his foot so far into his mouth that it reached his ass 'cause right before that Dave said something about not personally finding Peyton as attractive (Danger!  Danger!  Will Robinson!) as he used to and Alvarez said something hilariously awkward like "Well, yeah, not everyone finds her unattractive (Dave was trying to emphasize that he was speaking for himself, not everyone on the planet.  Good thing he clarified that or we would have all been confused).  

I get Dave's point, but the whole tangent should have been avoided.

It could be worse.  Coach could have managed to finish explaining the difference between men and women a few weeks back on RAW.  No doubt that would have turned out well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Bellas were late to the party,  they had some things to say about Meltzer but I wonder did they have that same conversation with their father-in-law. I believe Brie even spoke one time about how at the diva search audition they were asked if they would get implants if they were hired. I understand not attacking the hand that feeds you but that's why I feel it's best to stay out of the fray.   

58 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Bellas were late to the party,  they had some things to say about Meltzer but I wonder did they have that same conversation with their father-in-law. I believe Brie even spoke one time about how at the diva search audition they were asked if they would get implants if they were hired. 

Yeah, on Lillian’s podcast... 

Brie: "I understand they had to have some weird questions. But there were a couple I wasn’t too comfortable with. They talked about my breasts. I didn’t have big ones. They asked if I would allow them to pay for me to have a boob job. I literally stood on stage and I was looking around like, ‘What?’ They were like, ‘Well, you guys don’t have breasts.’ I’m like, I’m so confused what’s going on right now. But you know, they’re making TV.” 

Stay classy, WWE.

Honestly, would that be Dunn or some crack member of their “marketing” squad saying that?

By the way, Nikki’s tweet was so ridiculously stupid and funny. It sounded EXACTLY like something one of the writer’s would come up with.

Which probably was the case. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Player One said:

It could be worse.  Coach could have managed to finish explaining the difference between men and women a few weeks back on RAW.  No doubt that would have turned out well.

"Women be different than men. "

• Haha 1

I disagree with that last part of that. Guys like Tye Dillinger asked for forgiveness for their mistakes but then went to pile on Dave.  Dave asked for forgiveness and that was no longer "good enough" for people like Tye Dillinger.  So no,  it's not because I or anyone else want Tye Dilligener to remain a dishonorable human being. It's that if he wants forgiveness and he wants to believe in second chances.. then take your own advice and give Dave his. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dewar said:

Miz cheating to win this Sunday, then ducking Bryan, while cheating to win the title off of AJ at Survivor Series, leading to Bryan winning the Rumble, and finally getting his revenge by beating Miz in about 7 minutes in the main event of WrestleMania is how this should go.

(Mostly because I want to see the CM Punk meltdown when he realizes that Miz got two more WrestleMania main events than he did)

This is totally something I want to happen, but have no belief will. Bryan vs Miz for the belt at WM would be so perfect.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I disagree with that last part of that. Guys like Tye Dillinger asked for forgiveness for their mistakes but then went to pile on Dave.  Dave asked for forgiveness and that was no longer "good enough" for people like Tye Dillinger.  So no,  it's not because I or anyone else want Tye Dilligener to remain a dishonorable human being. It's that if he wants forgiveness and he wants to believe in second chances.. then take your own advice and give Dave his. 

Not that I believe that Tye Dillinger is in the right for going after Dave like that but he has a special emotional investment in this situation because Peyton is his girlfriend. I don’t blame him for not acting completely rational there. The other talent deserved to be criticized for the pile-on. But in Tye’s case, it’s different.

• Like 3

WWE should hire Meltzer. Peyton is over for the first time in two years. 

But seriously, what was the motivation of the dude who shared that audio with her? The only thing that would accomplish is upset her.  I know if somebody is talking shit about me, I really really do not want to know. Especially if they are not in driving distance. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Btw, does anyone have any idea why Wikipedia has been systematically wiping out the "finishers/favorite moves" sections of pretty much every major pro wrestler's profiles?

That's not good.  I use those to prepare for announcing.

50 minutes ago, Victator said:

But seriously, what was the motivation of the dude who shared that audio with her? The only thing that would accomplish is upset her.  I know if somebody is talking shit about me, I really really do not want to know. Especially if they are not in driving distance. 

The guy who cut the clip didn't tag Peyton. It appears he was doing it to complain about Meltzer in general 

"Is this normal stuff for a journalist to be talking about? Ever?" is what he said in the Tweet accompanying the audio.

Others immediately tagged Peyton in it - THOSE people where doing it specifically to generate a reaction.

That being said - there is a difference between just pondering about it and actually including the audio and then being upset that Peyton heard it

• Like 1

From the new WON

The situation with Matt Hardy and his injuries has changed again in the past week. The Greensboro Raw match with The B Team vs. Hardy & Wyatt vs. The Revival was done as the blow-off of the Hardy & Wyatt tag team. Hardy is taking time off due to the injuries described last week. There is talk of him shadowing producers which is basically learning the ropes there with the possibility of that being his future. Jason Jordan has been doing the same thing of late since he has had issues coming off his neck surgery. Hardy will be undergoing treatment for his different injuries and after he goes through that process, a decision will be made as far as whether he can return and in what type of a schedule or capacity

• Sad 2

I’ve already posted this twice in TNA threads but I think more people should see it. They ended last nights episode of Impact with a Street Fight Between LAX and the OG’z.

the angle is that Eddie Kingston is leading Homicide and Hernandez against Konnan and his new LAX as they feel Konnan should have brought them in as LAX when he brought LAX back.

So they had a brawl in a parking lot which has the look and feel to the final fight scene in a b movie and I mean that in the best way possible .

• Like 8

^^^

Looks like they found a way to copy Ponder vs. OGT without getting either team into TNA.

16 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Btw, does anyone have any idea why Wikipedia has been systematically wiping out the "finishers/favorite moves" sections of pretty much every major pro wrestler's profiles?

Probably something to do with Reddit or Wreddit because why not?

8 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I’ve already posted this twice in TNA threads but I think more people should see it. They ended last nights episode of Impact with a Street Fight Between LAX and the OG’z.

the angle is that Eddie Kingston is leading Homicide and Hernandez against Konnan and his new LAX as they feel Konnan should have brought them in as LAX when he brought LAX back.

So they had a brawl in a parking lot which has the look and feel to the final fight scene in a b movie and I mean that in the best way possible .

I honestly wish it was more like this

• Like 5
  • Haha 1