DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Samoa Joe the Twitter Troll is glorious. He's a genuinely good man from what I've known of him in the past. He also has a wicked sense of humor as is obvious.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Samoa Joe the Twitter Troll is glorious. He's a genuinely good man from what I've known of him in the past. He also has a wicked sense of humor as is obvious.

I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about Joe. The one time I spoke with Ruby Riott here before she went to NXT she had nothing but great things to say about him.

And while I think WWE may be positioning AJ to hold the title longer than Punk, I think the time is right to give Samoa Joe a title reign and let him and AJ battle it out for awhile. The dude has been nothing but fire on the mic through this whole run and the feud between him and AJ is one of the lone bright spots outside of NXT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about Joe. The one time I spoke with Ruby Riott here before she went to NXT she had nothing but great things to say about him.

And while I think WWE may be positioning AJ to hold the title longer than Punk, I think the time is right to give Samoa Joe a title reign and let him and AJ battle it out for awhile. The dude has been nothing but fire on the mic through this whole run and the feud between him and AJ is one of the lone bright spots outside of NXT.

Im really torn here because Joe really is on fire and I'm loving their feud but I was really hoping Miz and Bryan would mix it up for the title at some point just to elevate their program that much more. Maybe it doesn't need it, who am I to say. 

Miz cheating to win this Sunday, then ducking Bryan, while cheating to win the title off of AJ at Survivor Series, leading to Bryan winning the Rumble, and finally getting his revenge by beating Miz in about 7 minutes in the main event of WrestleMania is how this should go.

(Mostly because I want to see the CM Punk meltdown when he realizes that Miz got two more WrestleMania main events than he did)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Late to the topic but if you have access to Dave's 36-minute apology I would recommend listening to it.  It definitely meanders around but that sure as shit sounded like a sincere apology.  If somebody is going to clip what he said last week then maybe it'd be best to send this Peyton's way as well.

The rest I'll spoil on the chance we're moving on from this.

As far as Dave goes I don't even pay attention to him anymore.  I stopped his Twitter a while ago due to how he is on there.  And I'm good with the Bryan and Vinny/F4D shows so I don't feel a need to catch him in audio form either.  I'd read the newsletter but I just don't have the time for it.  I don't like or hate him, I just don't care one way or another what he says/does.

But while I get what he was trying to say the comment was out of line and he deserved the backlash he got/gets.  But I do feel bad in that in the apology it sounds like he knew he fucked up and feels awful about it.  I might not have said stuff like that but have had similar feelings when I was rightfully called out for dumb shit I said here and elsewhere.  It hurts to know that something you didn't mean to say in a certain way ends up hurting somebody and you don't know what to do to make things right.  He initially had some missteps in his apology but going off the show alone I feel he actually learned something and is not just sorry that he got caught.  I'll have issues with many other things he's said and done (the Elgin incident comes immediately to mind)  But this I can't really hold much against him going forward.[/]

• Like 1

I just ignore all wrestling news these days outside major deaths and what not and if I find out something, okay, whatever. If not, THEN I WILL CRUSH YOU ALL BENEATH MY MIGHTY HEEL FOR NOT INFORMING ME....I mean, nothing lost in the end.

18 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

This and many other things are why I think Meltzer has Aspergers. My uncle is the same way. Very smart, VERY dedicated to things he’s interested in. (History and sports mainly. Shit, he even published a hockey book and personally flew out to legends all over NA. Not to mention he was on Jeopardy.) But he’s also terrible with social cues, can’t pick up on a joke, and will say something that isn’t meant to be mean, but it’s just what his opinion is on the subject. 

Hence the infamous "I nearly died today/ So how's the Weather over there" exchange.

Meltzer made it to the Defranco show today:

• Like 1

Something that 5 people with admin powers agreed to to have to do with "the integrity of Wikipedia " or some such.   Something like "they can't be properly sourced" or some other inane bullshit.

• Thanks 1