DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

20 hours ago, Victator said:

And of course WWE told us it was not real. 

I have been to more than a few live shows and what I found is that Kayfabe is not dead. That fans want to believe and will if you give them even an inch of wiggle room.  If WWE went to treating everything as real. Most fans would be happy. 

But the idea would embarrass the McMahon family and a small percentage of fans. But Kayfabe is not dead, it is a demon locked in a tomb. 

Absolutely. It all comes down to them literally telling us that nothing matters. If they don’t care, neither will the fans except for some weird cult ones. Present everything as if it means something. That should be the #1 philosophy for any business, but especially for something fake. 

• Like 2

I can't tell if David has been studying Steiner maths. And if he hasn't, what's the other 10% of what pro wrestling is? Ring rats and blow? No, wait, it's a different time now. Is the other 10% video games and Twitch?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I think he means the other 10% is the great moves.

But 90% of that 10% is protecting your opponent and not hurting them so the move becomes a great move.

5 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I can't tell if David has been studying Steiner maths. And if he hasn't, what's the other 10% of what pro wrestling is? Ring rats and blow? No, wait, it's a different time now. Is the other 10% video games and Twitch?

You see most wrestlers get that 60% easily but I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal. So my chances of getting it drastic go up. So you take my 80 and 2/3% chance of getting it, and add the 30% chance of getting the hard stuff. Minus Kurt Angle because he already gets it and he KNOWS he won't even try. Then you add the 10% and I got a 120 and 2/3rds chance of getting it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I think the bigger news is that Dave at least hasn't seen Okada v Omega 1.

Kevin Eck: "On a side note, I don’t have any comment on the recent stories about Orton’s backstage behavior other than to say that I always avoided shaking hands with him during my time on the WWE creative team."

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/wwe/news/wwe-raw-preview-results-next-week-smackdown-roman-reigns-brock-lesnar-summerslam-randy-orton/13nujwasap2081u8xy69try5b6

7wiX.gif 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I love when raw footage gets released specifically for profane banter like this.

So, Dino Bravo might be the worst worker to ever have a multi-year run with a major company.

I learned this for dumb reasons, but i learned it. I mean, when you can't even make a three minute squash exciting...

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, Dino Bravo might be the worst worker to ever have a multi-year run with a major company.

I learned this for dumb reasons, but i learned it. I mean, when you can't even make a three minute squash exciting...

and despite what others will say, his finisher was always called the side suplex

I'm so glad that fucking thread got locked; just as I was trying to save my request for it to be locked.

• Like 1

Fuck you for bringing that into here but seriously, what's with all the weird new accounts and their odd topics?

Anyway, I think the most bizarre factoid to come out of Neidhart's passing is that Meltzer, in his infernal wisdom, only gave Hart Foundation v Brain Busters from Summerslam 89 (aka one of the greatest PPV opening matches in history) two stars. Ridiculous

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh yeah, I could have told you that. I think Bravo was the first wrestler I realized was bad. 

To be fair, from what I have seen, he was good in Canada. 

• Like 1

It's called a Pavement Suplex in Europe.

In '89 Meltzer was most likely on a total Flair & Steamboat worship deal, and would refuse to acknowledge that anyone in Vinceville was capable of having a good match. And an awful lot of those guys were absolutely terrible, to be fair.