DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Huss. Huss. Huss.

and from late '08 to early '09, Brodie Lee was part of the Age of the Fall with this man who used to Huss early in his career

I just kind of wanted to post The Ballad of Lacey.

• Like 4

The whole thing is fucking juvenile, but what makes it even dumber is he's pissing off these writers who have some say in his career. That seems like it could get you booked in shit like house of horror matches.

8 hours ago, nate said:

Interesting postscript to this:

I've worked in outpatient mental health since 2002.  In the hodunky, podunky wild of rural SC, it's frequent that I get to do a triage screening of someone who basically tries to feign mental illness for the sake of getting a (often undeserved) disability benefit.

When the IED promo came out, I turned to my friends and said, "I bet you we'll have people come to the clinic this week saying, 'I have Intermittent Explosive Disorder, I wanna get a check started.'"

And yes.  They did.  For a month.  After a hearty eye roll, I would usually stop them and say, "Well, Randy Orton has that too, and he's turned that into a successful wrestling career.  So, get back on the job hunt!  There's still hope for you, soldier!"

I realize I could just Google this, but it's not even an actual real thing is it?

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

All this time I always thought it was the explosive and not the disorder resulting from its usage as well. You'd think the gubment would figure out a separate acronym considering their hardon for nomenclature.

I went with the laugh react, but I also want to give a big "THANK YOU!" Same boat.

• Like 2

This Orton stuff would be from like over a decade ago.  What you gonna do to a guy from something that might've happened over a decade ago that hasn't registered any complaints?  All this retroactive pretend outrage is gonna do is get everybody stuck in a meeting with Hulk Hogan telling them not to get caught touching themselves in public.

2 hours ago, BEN! said:

This Orton stuff would be from like over a decade ago.  What you gonna do to a guy from something that might've happened over a decade ago that hasn't registered any complaints?  All this retroactive pretend outrage is gonna do is get everybody stuck in a meeting with Hulk Hogan telling them not to get caught touching themselves in public.

Uh, have you lived in America the past year or two? Just because it happened years ago and there weren't any complaints, doesn't mean that nothing could happen.

It doesn't matter when or where the fuck it happened. If it's true, he should be fired. Hemming and hawing about this shit is objectively wrong and has no place in any industry regardless of the time frame. Fuck nostalgia for a past that should never have been.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It doesn't matter when or where the fuck it happened. If it's true, he should be fired. Hemming and hawing about this shit is objectively wrong and has no place in any industry regardless of the time frame. Fuck nostalgia for a past that should never have been.

@The Natural supports @Ryan/I'm not The Natural.