DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Yeah, it seems like investors who didn't sell on the hopes that WWE would hit it big in their next rights negotiations were actually the opposite of idiots!

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Y'all are ruining my jokes with facts.

I think the WWE ruined your joke when it managed to bluff it's way into a massive rights increase and a network time slot for it's b show despite a steadily shrinking audience.  

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That Randy Orton harassment story on Wreddit is bananas.

Huh, the racist and sexist weirdo who shit in women's bags liked touching his dick in front of people and trying to get them to shake his dong-covered hand? Wow, I'm shocked that a dude from the arguable worst state in the country has the values of your typical sex offender.

Just. Shocked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Throwing money around to sign wrestlers foreign or domestic who have a bit of buzz going on and adding multiple new shows and divisions while putting on an increasingly bad product with ever-worsening storylines amid tanking ratings....I swear another wrestling company did that at some point. 

The AWA?

20 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I'm curious as to what people think are still plausible catalysts that see the WWE no longer the biggest promotion in the world in the near future?

Vince dying/going off doing his thing with the XFL isn't going to cause any effect, as his money and company money seem completely separate. Although shit, I'd be really intrigued by a McMahon civil war, that sees Vince pushed out by Steph/HHH and starting his own company (or just being the head of a promotion funded by....Ebersol or a network or something), just for seeing which of the rusted on stay where they are or go with Vince out of loyalty. Imagine if it was Trump's next big gig post-Presidency? 

You know what's really strange? Based on the most recent Forbes estimates, Vince McMahon is now richer than Donald Trump.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I'm curious as to what people think are still plausible catalysts that see the WWE no longer the biggest promotion in the world in the near future?

One great act. As TNA floundered forever, in the back of my head I always wondered how it would play out if they somehow developed the next Stone Cold. How far would that take them.

The bullet club is the perfect example of an act outside of WWE that took off and the type of exposure it would receive. Now imagine if one of those guy had the look and promo skills of the Rock. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:36 PM, Craig H said:

How man of you got into wrestling as kids and how many of you got into wrestling in your teens. And by kids, I mean mainly pre-10. For another example, I recall getting heavily into wrestling when I was 5. I have no idea how or why, but it almost makes me think it was wired in my DNA.

Went to my first wrestling show at 6 months. Started watching wrestling on TV every week by the time I was about 4.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

“God DAMN IT, pal! If they’re selling out MSG, we’ll sell out MCG!”

I want to know is why there is an arena in Australia named after the director of the Charlie's Angels movies and Terminator:Salvation. He also directed a lot of videos for some shitty bands with some good stuff sprinkled in, like early Korn videos and a Cypress Hill video.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want to know is why there is an arena in Australia named after the director of the Charlie's Angels movies and Terminator:Salvation. He also directed a lot of videos for some shitty bands with some good stuff sprinkled in, like early Korn videos and a Cypress Hill video.

Especially since he's afraid to fly, thus ruining what would've surely been a pretty interesting Superman movie.

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That story is the sort of thing that can harm WWE as the Me Too movement continues. That Orton has been allowed to run rampant while clearly being a racist psychosexual deviant for years can go from 0 to 100 if someone wanted to push it.

Wait, Orton’s racist?

Did I miss something? I knew he was a disgusting douchebag but I never heard racist.

He said some uninformed comments about the NFL players taking knees during the national anthem not being patriotic  which were pretty hypocritical coming from a man who spent 90 days in a military person for going AWOL while in the Marines.

It came off to me more as the misguided comments stemming from being a privalliged white guy from Missouri.

Booker T had him on his show and they talked about the tweets he made and Book explained the Black Lives Matter movement to Randy and what it stems from.

Orton didn't shit in the diva's bag, he poured tanning lotion and baby oil into it.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2005/0618/488144/former-wwe-diva-rochelle-speaks-out-on-backstage-problems-with/

Still a douche with serious problems but not a proven bag shitter so he has that going for him. 

X-Pac liked to shit in people's belongings, Sunny and Sable can attest to that. 

• Like 1

Vince:  I don't get this guy.  Aerostar.  What is his gimmick?  Why does he wear a mask?  How do I sell merchandise for a guy who wears a mask?

Random WWE Employee:  Aerostar is supposed to be from outer space.  He does a lot of top rope and high flying moves.  You could say he lives his gimmick.

Vince:  This guy, Drago.  What is he supposed to be?  Again, a mask!!!  How do you market that?

RWWEE:  Dragon is supposed to be half-man and half-dragon.  His mask and outfit is the gimmick.

Vince:  How do you merchandise him?  Look at Randy Orton.  He is a douchbag heel.  He literally lives his gimmick and I can market that.  Steph.  HHH.  Give Randy a heel push.  I love and understand that gimmick.  Give Randy a new shirt.  That sells.  Shirt's sell.  Can I do a dragon shirt or a UFO shirt?  Nope.  A mask?  Who buys a mask?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Vince:  I don't get this guy.  Aerostar.  What is his gimmick?  Why does he wear a mask?  How do I sell merchandise for a guy who wears a mask?

Random WWE Employee:  Aerostar is supposed to be from outer space.  He does a lot of top rope and high flying moves.  You could say he lives his gimmick.

Max_Moon_bio.jpg

• Haha 1