DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

11 hours ago, Dewar said:

What happens if Becky wins and Charlotte turns heel because she's jealous and wants to be champion? It's a natural thing to happen, yet everyone is already up in arms because they think Becky is going to turn.

Even if Becky turns, she's going to be in the main women's storyline on Smackdown. What's so bad about that?

These are fair points but the last time we did a "wait and see" it was for Asuka..... and.......    ......   

• Like 3

Closest thing I can think of is Shinjiro Otani's old King Cobra Hold. Bryan Danielson used it for a flash in the pan in NJPW early on as well. I can't find anything but a cartoon of Otani doing it, so a fan imitating it is what you get.

EFBDB7EFBE9DEFBDB8EFBE9EEFBDBAEFBE8CEFBE

img_1?1234360143

Edit: A wild example appears.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I wish so badly that SANADA would use the Dragon Clutch instead of the Skull End... Though he'd probably still apply it half assed.

Can we get some kind of exchange between NJPW and WWE to send Gulak over to teach SANADA how to apply it properly? WWE can get Tama Tonga  so Reigns can spear him into oblivion and end this sad sad twitter trolling.

• Like 1

I think I've said this on here before, but I'm convinced SANADA applies it that way on purpose. It's supposed to be a variation on the dragon sleeper that puts the pressure on the opponent's face--closer to the End of their Skull, if you will--so the move is more of a neck crank than a choke.

It still looks bad because his opponents clearly have to make an effort not to let their heads slip out. But he's not doing a dragon sleeper wrong, because he's not doing a dragon sleeper. This is my hypothesis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've noticed that you post a lot about that place I'm just not sure anyone here cares about their opinions that's why we post here. :lol:

Oh I know. Me mentioning their opinions is more of a side note. I just placed it in this discussion because I wanna know your guys’ opinion on it.

8 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Oh I know. Me mentioning their opinions is more of a side note. I just placed it in this discussion because I wanna know your guys’ opinion on it.

We had a discussion similar to this in the Evolution PPV thread. I felt that not "white" exactly but blonde/big boobs seems to be a Vince thing and if you fit that mold of what he deems attractive then maybe you are prioritized but others disagreed and mentioned AJ Lee or Lita, I disagreed with that and said they are outliers. It didnt seem like it was a conversation that was going to go anywhere so we deaded it. 

In other words, I agree kinda sorta with Meltzer but that makes me feel a little dirty :lol:

• Haha 1

Vince is basically Hollywood Cibernetico if Hollywood Cibernetico owned a wrestling promotion, so yeah, I agree with Meltzer in this case. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

After listening to hours and hours worth of Dave pods over the years,  I think his twitter might be more of a "Dave being Dave"  then a troll. 

What do you mean? You dislike him? I’ve been listening to WOR for a while and he seems to be completely different and more reasonable on it while he’s much more provocative on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Player One said:

Agreeing with Meltzer's troll twitter account about anything makes me feel dirty.

If Dave tweets out that water is wet and snow is cold, I'm going to need to take a shower.

Hasn’t Meltzer admitted that he trolls on Twitter intentionally because it’s good for his brand and the Observer?

I remember hearing that once.

1 minute ago, FlaeBlazer said:

What do you mean? You dislike him? I’ve been listening to WOR for a while and he seems to be completely different and more reasonable on it while he’s much more provocative on Twitter.

I like Dave fine but I'm not sure he's that much more reasonable on air,  I think he has his views and they aren't that much different.  He's more provocative because Twitter is full of idiots who want to get stomped on by King Meltz. It probably makes their day.

Also, I'd be very concerned for Victoria if Hollywood owned a promotion. 

That was a brilliant match. Must see imo. Roosh challenged Park to the big hair/mask match at the anniversario afterwards. 

Briscoes vs. Lucha Bros is something we need in a standalone match. Their interactions were so well done and the crowd loved it. Sure, they loved Rush/Park more, but so they should.

Spoiler

Holy shit did Rush not pull anything from that foul on the ref. Beautiful!

• Like 1