DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Get Brock His Steak! 07/30/18

The Green Meanie

It would have been so easy to have that main event go Lesnar heats up Heyman, mocks fans, goes to beat up Angle only for Braun to come out, destroy him and either a) cash in the case, win the title and rewrite Summerslam completely (Say Triple Threat if Braun, Owens, Reigns with Brock forfeiting his rematch for putting his hands on Angle) or b) leave SS as is by having Owens steal the briefcase before Braun can cash in, putting nuclear heat on Owens. Hell even a third option where Roman sneaks in and lays out Brock which leads wherever is better than Brock beating up Angle and making Heyman pucker his lips. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

I mean, she's married to the costuming guy, right? Seems like it would help. We won't know for sure that they're about to break up until they get team merch.

Yup, Sasha is married to Mikaze. As for the team itself, you'd think its to set up eventual tag titles, but who knows. Putting them in a tag team isn't an inherently bad idea as the title scene is occupied, but you'd wish WWE wouldn't have taken such a lame and circuitous route to get them there.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

If Mickie James is legit hurt, then it would also explain why Alicia Foxx slid into that role. They don't have any other veteran heel women

I sort of assumed that Vince finally looked at Wikipedia and realized how old James is.

Edit: That reminds me of the time Meltzer got sidetracked during a SDL recap and went on a goofy tangent about how rare it was for a woman in her mid-30's (Mickie) to have *gasp* abs.  That sound you heard in the background was Dave's knuckles dragging on the floor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Medium-well is pretty suspect as well tbh, though I sort of get it if you're being really risk averse. I usually order Medium at Wetherspoons  (They do cheap steak on Tuesday).

The story I always heard was that anything that would get you sick on a steak would be living on the outside, which is why it's ok to have the inside rare or even raw. I had raw beef at this insanely beautiful Italian place in Montreal called Da Vinci's and it was life changing.

Anyway, I'm really sorry to be a downer, but this show did nothing to make me want to see SummerSlam. Raw is so tough to get through that it's actually gaslighted me into thinking maybe three hours of Raw is fine, and I'm just really depressed. I caught mono when I was 15, and every day for two months felt like one of these three hour Raws. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I expect most of the times when Brock asks for steak the server provides a spears or gun and just releases the animal in the restaurant

Now that’s something I’d pay $9.99 to see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

I expect most of the times when Brock asks for steak the server provides a spears or gun and just releases the animal in the restaurant

Spear?  Gun?  I'd be disappointed if Brock did anything besides grab the animal and kill it with his bare hands.

If 14 german suplexes in a row is good enough for Dean Ambrose, it damn well should be good enough for Bambi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, caley said:

or b) leave SS as is by having Owens steal the briefcase before Braun can cash in, putting nuclear heat on Owens. . 

What if Owens grabbed the actual contract out of the briefcase last night? Braun goes to cash in at Summer Slam, pins Brock or Roman, only for Owens to show up holding the contract making Braun’s win null and void. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
19 hours ago, hammerva said:

The best worker tonight was all the tape that somehow kept Dana Brooke tits from popping out.   

Leukoflex! It doesn't sweat off and doesn't hurt when you remove it. I swear by that stuff whenever I need to keep things in order up top.

Anyone who insists on gaffers tape or athletic tape is a sadist.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'll never understand why people give a damn how someone else wants their food cooked.

We’re on the internet. If someone has an opinion, someone else, somewhere, is telling them they are wrong.

Also, if it isn’t rare, you’re doing it wrong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1