DVDVR Message Board

UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II (8/4/2018) - Los Angeles, CA (Staples Center)

Elsalvajeloco

How the fuck did he survive all that? Like Johns, I think Holland gained something in a loss. Some good shit so far. 

This seems like a crazy fight to be on a main PPV card. What's the deal here? 

Man, I didn't know what to expect after Cejudo appeared to roll his his foot. But man, that was so intense because neither guy had a clear advantage. I wouldn't mind the decision swinging the other way but it was clearly a nip-tuck fight.

• Like 2

Was Garbrandt's masterful defense against Dominic Cruz the biggest fluke in MMA?  He straight clowned Cruz with his footwork and head movement, but as soon as he gets in the cage with Dillashaw he wants to play rock em sock em robots...and then his head pops off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Running back Cejudo and DJ while going with Cruz vs. Dillashaw seems like the obvious answer. If guys want to move up weight classes, they should have to forfeit their titles. Ideally we get those two fights before the end of the year but who knows how long the flyweights need or if Cejudo is willing to do that fight after calling out the Dillashaw/Garbrandt winner. 

What a great couple of title fights though. I know none of these guys are PPV draws but you gotta feel like they increased their respective value with performances like this. DJ having to face some adversity for the first time in forever is a really interesting scenario too.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Running back Cejudo and DJ while going with Cruz vs. Dillashaw seems like the obvious answer. If guys want to move up weight classes, they should have to forfeit their titles. Ideally we get those two fights before the end of the year but who knows how long the flyweights need or if Cejudo is willing to do that fight after calling out the Dillashaw/Garbrandt winner.

I would agree with you except that the flyweight division is so empty right now.  Can't think of anyone else near DJ level.   It is like you are facing DJ for the right to chase a better belt

Cody No Love? More like Cody No Chin. 

The only fight for Dillashaw next is Marlon Moraes. Props to Cejudo for winning the belt but just because you won a close split decision doesn't earn you a shot at the bantamweight title.

I feel like DC-Gus II headlines one of main event less PPVs (Cyborg-Nunes seems all but academic and Whittaker-Gastelum is 50/50) still to come, but I wouldn't mind Dillashaw-Cejudo landing somewhere. With Sergio Pettis on Khabib-McGregor, it gives them time to do that fight  Maybe you can run back Assuncao-Moraes to determine the true bantamweight #1 contender.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 3:00 AM, TheVileOne said:

I'm picking Dillashaw for the rematch. I think Garbrandt fights a bit too much with his emotions.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:15 AM, The Natural said:

I'm going same way. Emotions can help and hinder in life. More of the former is needed than the latter.

That's how it went down though I didn't expect the TKO to go down in the first. 

Cejudo with the upset win handing Johnson his first lost at Flyweight and first defeat since 2011 by Cruz. Very close fight to score, check out the scorecards splitting opinion:

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/9284/Henry-Cejudo-vs-Demetrious-Johnson

• Thanks 1