DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Fighting Spirit Unleashed 9/30/18

matt925

Guy aggressively snapping shitty camera shots behind Kairi reminds me that I seriously don't get taking phone pics at live events that are being filmed by professionals with professional equipment btw. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Say what you will of the attendance, but the people who paid to be there are super into this show.

Is it just me or does it look to be a little bit better? It seemed more people filed in. Still a smattering of noticeable empty seats but it wasn’t as bad as before where it looked like full portions of the arena were empty.

• Like 1

Better undercard than most non-major NJPW shows. Yeah, the audience is playing its part for sure.

Look at what 9 months of solid booking and his commitment have done for Jay's career. From people questioning if he had what it takes after the mediocre match at the dome with Tanahashi to beating Tanahashi in the G1 and now pinning him in a tag match. He's progressing very nicely although still has some dimensions to add before being truly ready for that spot among Naito/Tanahashi/Okada/Omega/kind of, sort of Ibushi.

Just now, EVA said:

Tanga Loa is such a load of shit.

I guess GOD needed to win this if they’re going to continue to be a threat.  But WHY.

Agreed on both fronts. They had to win if they're staying and not being Yujiro'd but... Can't they be Yujiro'd?

This is kind of strange because Bucks aren't in the tag league as of right now either, though I imagine they could make it work with the final being 3 days before Final Battle and ROH taping their tv earlier. 

15 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

God damn it. This SUCKS for Juice. He needed that redemption run after a weak G1 and he loses it to... Cody. Jyuuuuuusu! 

Juice’s US Title run rivals 2006 Rey Mysterio WHC run in terms of how weakly he was booked. In fact, it’s probably worse because at least Rey had one successful title defense.

• Like 1

Cody had to win the US title so he could be a credible loser in the IWGP triple threat match? I guess? 

I mean, whatever. It’ll be really fun. And that main event tag, huh? Basically just a greatest hits, but those are some damn hits.