DVDVR Message Board

NXT July 25, 2018

droneking

That was a near perfect hour of professional wrestling television. 

Un. Da. Fee. Tid. Forget Carmella. Bianca is Money. She should win the Mae Young  Classic

I avoided spoilers, but due to the buzz knew something big happened at the tapings and I had a feeling Ciampa was winning the title here, but those near falls at the end, and Gargano coming out, everything....it had me completely at the end. Great match.

That post-match crowd was something else.  I like that the announcers knew to shut up and let things speak for themselves because that crowd was LIVID over the finish.  And in the right way.  Loved this show.  

NXT is full-blown Crockett now.  4 champions, all heels.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Outside of the bloated match in Chicago, Ciampa has been god tier this year. Outstanding match, and easily Black's best in NXT. Great fucking match.

Ciampa has arguably been the best performer in the entire company since returning from his injury.

That match was awesome last night. But lest we forget Black also had the Velveteen Dream match that was fantastic. Not sure this is "clearly" his best match when he's had two of the best NXT matches of all-time. 

4 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

That match was awesome last night. But lest we forget Black also had the Velveteen Dream match that was fantastic. Not sure this is "clearly" his best match when he's had two of the best NXT matches of all-time. 

Rare disagreement with you. I enjoyed Black/Dream but I can't call that fantastic or one of the best NXT matches of all-time. Good you can.

3 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I just think Black had a way better performance here than in the Dream match. Still love the Dream match. Its an easy top 20 in NXT for me. Same with this one.

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

What a match by Aleister Black and Tomasso Ciampa with a hot crowd as Blackheart becomes the new NXT Champion. Black's best match by far and I'd say in NXT history as well.

Easy now, (to quote Big Daddy), it was an awesome match to be sure, but the best in NXT history? Not hardly, it cracks the top twenty, but not the top ten. It's easy to get overly excited after watching the dreck that is on TV Monday and Tuesday. Were it not for 205 Live, the week would be off to a dreadful start. Now that I think about it, the 4-way on 205 Live was every bit as good as last night's match. A great story was told, the right guy won (anyone else would have been a re-match) and all four guys looked strong. To me, it's much harder to pull off an excellent 4-way than it is to book a great singles match. One guy dogging it or being a bit off can ruin the whole thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really loved Black/Ciampa. They did a lot of little things that added a lot to the match ("Yeah, tweet about this!"). I'm on board with Ciampa as despicable heel champ that nobody likes and eagerly anticipate the massive roar of the crowd when Johnny takes the title from him.