DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/26/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Kongo Kong (w/ Jimmy Jacobs) def. Stone Rockwell with the top rope splash

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 26, 2018 from the Rebel Complex in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

*Impact World Champion Austin Aries comes to the ring for a promo. Aries says he's the best in the industry and if someone hands you a piece of paper telling you what to say,  you can't be the best. Aries is putting out an open invitation, challenging wrestlers from other companies to accept as well. Eddie Edwards runs in and attacks Aries with his kendo stick.

*Taiji Ishimori def. Petey Williams. After the match, the Desi Hit Squad attack both men.

*Tessa Blanchard def. Rebel after the Hammerlock DDT

*Alicia Atout interviews the debuting Scarlett Bordeaux in the ring. Scarlett talks about wanting to be part of the revolution and to be remembered as the greatest women's activist like Marilyn Monroe. She refuses to cover up and will not be "hot shamed". Scarlett tells Alicia the 5 should shut up when the 10 is talking.

*Johnny Impact def. Trevor Lee (w/ Caleb Konley) with Starship Pain. After the match, Johnny cuts a promo saying while he was home, he heard Kongo Kong & Jimmy Jacobs talking trash. He won't rest until he takes Kongo to Slamtown

*Brian Cage(c) def. Matt Sydal to retain the X Division Championship

*Alicia Atout interviews the debuting Scarlett Bordeaux in the ring. Scarlett talks about wanting to be part of the revolution and to be remembered as the greatest women's activist like Marilyn Monroe. She refuses to cover up and will not be "hot shamed". Scarlett tells Alicia the 5 should shut up when the 10 is talking.

Unreal heel idea in the year 2018! ? It's like they took that awful Sable shit that was so over (the burlap sack/Marc Mero being an overprotective husband) as a face routine in '98 and using it for an obnoxious heel 20 years later. Neat.

Surprised they're continuing the OGz/LAX feud despite the big blowoff yesterday. Let me speak on this (because I'm 'bout it 'bout it and rowdy rowdy): my only complaint about that match was why didn't Kingston do anything at the end? If he's just gonna stand around with his dick in his hand and watch that shit go down, K-dawg should've decked him first to take him out of the equation.

Is Trevor Lee just a JttS now? That's kind of sad if it's the case.

And I guess this means Sydal is okay after the gnarly bump at the end of last night's match. Good to hear. Agree with Meltz and Alvarez that Cage needs to lose that excess weight he's added on the past 6 months or so. He's looking a little sluggish and he's lost some of that definition that made him look like a comic book character. Now he's lookin' more like an average yoked idiot. 

• Like 2

Scarlett's gimmick is fucking brilliant. 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, Oyaji said:

Surprised they're continuing the OGz/LAX feud despite the big blowoff yesterday. Let me speak on this (because I'm 'bout it 'bout it and rowdy rowdy): my only complaint about that match was why didn't Kingston do anything at the end? If he's just gonna stand around with his dick in his hand and watch that shit go down, K-dawg should've decked him first to take him out of the equation.

That Slammiversary match was not a blow-off.  This war is just getting started.

• Like 2

Great follow up to Slammiversary with everything feeling like a big deal and coming off important up and down the card, everyone's got something going. I love the potential of an Aries/Edwards feud, also the natural progression for Eddie coming off winning his feuds over Sami and Tommy. Even the Aries/Carelli face off had a bigger than usual feel to it and made me actually wish that was happening as a one-off match. I always dig the ECW vibes from the little things like Callis mentioned recently. Johnny/Trevor was good stuff, Tessa/Rebel was a fun squash and a solid main event as well. the KM/Fallah and oVe skits were hilarious. Scarlett's debut was as great as expected.

• Like 2

I also got an Eva Marie with talent vibe from Scarlett Bordeaux's character.

Tessa Blanchard is great. I'm glad she gets to be a star in Impact. I feel like she would be lost in the shuffle on WWE's main roster. I'd like to see Rebel get some wins and not just used as a job girl.

I'd also like to see Impact bring Rachel Ellering back. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Tessa Blanchard is great. I'm glad she gets to be a star in Impact. I feel like she would be lost in the shuffle on WWE's main roster. I'd like to see Rebel get some wins and not just used as a job girl.

Agreed on all accounts. I like Rebel a lot, she's come a long way from when she started especially from someone who started late in wrestling and despite being older, she's still working indys and all over the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

One of the best parts about Tessa is that she's only 23, so she could make her name in Impact for another 5 years and still be in her prime for a WWE run (if she wanted to). It's the same point somebody made about Velveteen Dream: they're great now and there's a lot left to go.

• Like 2

Austin Aries opening promo was great, a real strong way to open the show.  After Eddie's recent events he seemed to get a heel reaction here, which I'm not sure they were going for, but I'm totally fine with Eddie v Aries as a feud.  Aries dickhead segment with Santino's young boy was pretty great as well.

Petey v Ishimori was decent until the Desi Hit Squad Run in.  Cant stress how cool it is to see Gama Singh on my TV in 2018.

Tessa continued to look dominant, love the way she is being booked.  Then we had Scarlett's debut.  Her promo was pretty great and straight out of ECW circa 1996.  "I wouldnt expect a 5 to understand" was a killer line.  I would expect her to have a run in with Madison at some point given Madison's "Beautiful People" past? That would seem a fun direction to go in.

Morrison v Lee was pretty slick, I forgot how fun Morrison's matches can be.  Will be interested to see how him and Kong match up, also be interesting to see if Morrison and Jacobs can out-glam one another.

Didnt care much for the Grado segment, but I cannot wait for the eventual Joe Hendry turn.

The 4 vignettes they ran back to back were all excellent.  KM and Bahh was really great stuff.  I've been down with KM's Biff Tannen gimmick since he debuted and Bahh is the perfect foil for him, the look on Bahh's face when KM dropped the cell phone down his trunks was tremendous.

Killer Kross always comes accross as an absolute beast, its good they are protecting him to an extent.  Love the direction with him.

Eddie Kingston is the greatest Grand Theft Auto villain ever.  The LAX / OGs angle is a lot of fun and a complete contrast from anything on any other show at the moment. 

Sami cutting that dudes hair was pretty great "Tell me I look pretty" was such a demented line.  I always thought oVe came accross quite goofy with their entrance masks etc. but since Sami has come in they play his stooges to perfection. 

Sydal v Cage to close the show was a good match, like both guys but they probably need to give them a bit of a build via vignettes.  The most interesting guys on the show to me are the guys whose back story has been fleshed out with the vignettes.  Heck, I even care about Eddie Edwards now, which I thought was impossible at one point.  Would love to see another match or 2 or more promos / vignettes with Jacobs & Kong, Brian Cage, Trevor Lee etc. in place of the retro match they feel the need to show.

• Like 1

I love that we are finally getting the Eddie Kingston that many people on the indies remember him as.  He was never a great wrestler although he has had some really fun matches in Chikara and IWA Mid South.  But that mouth was just gold and now he is getting to use the way it should be.  Not as someone at #3 with that awful James Storm gimmick a couple years ago. . 

• Like 4

I love Johnny and I'm happy to have him back. But my goodness, some of his communication in that match was clear as daylight. Not sure why you even put your arm over your face when you're going to be that obvious about it. ;)

Good match overall though. I'll echo @Oyaji's hope that Lee isn't stuck in JTTS purgatory for long.

I'm not sure what's left to be said about Scarlett Bordeaux. Stellar debut for that character. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, Ultimo Necro said:

Sami cutting that dudes hair was pretty great "Tell me I look pretty" was such a demented line.  I always thought oVe came accross quite goofy with their entrance masks etc. but since Sami has come in they play his stooges to perfection. 

Yes, oVe has turned into Death Machine, Sami's stable from MLW, but with better wrestlers.  Sami and the Crist brothers are fucking metal now that the Crists have abandoned their goofy semi-face trappings.

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:04 AM, Oyaji said:
  1. Is Trevor Lee just a JttS now? That's kind of sad if it's the case.

Well, he wasn't going to be, but then someone told him that to make it in Wrestling, you have to make sure you don't lose all of your matches. So...

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

There is not enough love for King's post Slammiversary promo that he cut in the vignette.

ONCE YOU TAG SOMETHING, IT IS YOURS FOREVER, HOMIE~!

If that's the case, my ex is still mine. If anyone really wants to know, I'll go into detail privately. Needless to say, we were a couple of kinksters.