DVDVR Message Board

RAW is all that other stuff that wasn't Steph (07/23/18)

RIPPA

So the main event of SummerSlam is gonna be a clusterfuck. I figure at this point, Roman hits Brock with a ton of Spears, Braun runs in and hits Roman with the briefcase, cashes in, Brock F5's Braun and we have the Fall angle of Roman pissed he keeps getting screwed out of beating Brock, Bruan is actually a heel that the crowd loves, and Brock remains the absentee champion

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Result aside, that’s what really stood out to me tonight. His timing was off, his strikes visibly whiffed, and his holds had inches of space. Not asking for reckless stiffness or anything, but if he’s supposed to get over as a superior athlete and “legit” asskicker... well, he doesn’t. 

Roman is what he is. Doesn’t interest me, and yeah there’s plenty of other stuff to watch, so I’ll do that. 

Was hoping Finn or Drew would get a chance to stand out, at least, but.

I dunno, Roman looked pretty lousy tonight, too. The awful Reign Drop where he kind of sat on part of Lashley's back.  And that jumping knee (?!?) where he just kind of leaped and hit Lashley's face with part of his pants.  

Where was Sarah Logan tonight?

And why did we mostly get guys talking about what a historic night it was for the "girls"?  And you make the Smackdown women come to the show to stand around and look happy then don't bother to talk to any of them?  Why not do a big showcase match 10 women inter-brand tag match to hype the PPV? 

At least we never got to hear the end of Coach's anecdote about how women are different from men!  That was going to go nowhere good in a hurry.  

I think my favourite part of the night might have been the utter deflation of a pretty hot crowd when Titus Worldwide came out to answer AOP's challenge.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, caley said:

I dunno, Roman looked pretty lousy tonight, too. The awful Reign Drop where he kind of sat on part of Lashley's back.  And that jumping knee (?!?) where he just kind of leaped and hit Lashley's face with part of his pants.  

Where was Sarah Logan tonight?

And why did we mostly get guys talking about what a historic night it was for the "girls"?  And you make the Smackdown women come to the show to stand around and look happy then don't bother to talk to any of them?  Why not do a big showcase match 10 women inter-brand tag match to hype the PPV? 

At least we never got to hear the end of Coach's anecdote about how women are different from men!  That was going to go nowhere good in a hurry.  

I think my favourite part of the night might have been the utter deflation of a pretty hot crowd when Titus Worldwide came out to answer AOP's challenge.  

There was an online-only Becky interview.

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If there's ten F5s then I wonder how many Germans... speaking of which, I bet there isn't more than five moves used in that match (F5, German suplex, Superman punch, spear, Kimura. Maybe a Drive By if we're lucky). 

There were also mounted punches / elbows and probably shoulder charges in the corner. Don't make me re-watch. To be fair though, Brock has been a shitty matchup for pretty much everyone in a while. 

• Like 1

5d1hxz.jpg

From what I've seen of Lashley, he should have gone to NXT.

Relatively speaking, he is highly inexperienced. Brock excepted, I sincerely doubt there is a guy or gal on the roster who has less matches or less training than Lashley and I'm not even sure it's close. He's obviously naturally gifted (though not like Brock, not even close), & has pretty good instincts as a heel (though again, Brock is way better), but when was the last time he worked anything close to a full schedule? Cagematch has him at less than 600 matches, and that's probably a pretty comprehensive list. I know Finlay tried to bring him along on the road, but that was a long time ago. Should have spent 3-4 months at the PC, working special attraction house show matches.

5 hours ago, caley said:

Why not do a big showcase match 10 women inter-brand tag match to hype the PPV? 

What do you think this is, Survivor Series? #theonenightoftheyearwhereRawsuperstarschallengeSmackdownsuperstars

So ... Owens challenging Braun for the briefcase at Summerslam sure takes the piss out of any cash-in threats until then, eh?

4 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

There were also mounted punches / elbows and probably shoulder charges in the corner. Don't make me re-watch. To be fair though, Brock has been a shitty matchup for pretty much everyone in a while. 

Impressive what AJ Styles got out of him last Survivor Series. 

I'd have more patience if this was WWE World Heavyweight Champion August 2014-March 2015 Brock with great matches/performance at the Royal Rumble 2015 against John Cena and Seth Rollins and WrestleMania XXXI up against Roman Reigns and Rollins. Lesnar post title loss series with the Undertaker that year too.

The only Brock matches I rate since said Undertaker feud were versus Goldberg at WrestleMania XXXII and the aforementioned Styles match. Just want Lesnar gone.

6 hours ago, caley said:

IAt least we never got to hear the end of Coach's anecdote about how women are different from men!  That was going to go nowhere good in a hurry.  

Coach finishing that thought (I'm being generous here) had the potential to be both the high point and low point of the show.  At the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Player One said:

Coach finishing that thought (I'm being generous here) had the potential to be both the high point and low point of the show.  At the same time.

lol yea, no good was going to come from that.

Another good Ember/Liv match. Cool to see multiple storylines going around for the females. Now, if only Smackdown could catch up again. 

2 hours ago, nate said:

What do you think this is, Survivor Series? #theonenightoftheyearwhereRawsuperstarschallengeSmackdownsuperstars

So ... Owens challenging Braun for the briefcase at Summerslam sure takes the piss out of any cash-in threats until then, eh?

Nah, if he successfully cashes it in before then, it becomes a title match.  If he loses, we get promos from Owens about how Braun screwed him out of his shot.

• Thanks 1

First of all, greetings from Greece!  Having a good time so far and haven't been online nearly as much as I expected (which is a good thing for me)  I caught the highlights on Youtube and going off of that have a good idea as to what's going on.  It sounds like the only full-length match to watch when I get back is the little of Finn/Drew, so unless there's other stuff to catch I'm good to go.

I'm genuinely surprised at how subtle they're going with Bayley/Sasha so far.  It's only one week, but if they were to do a Golden Huggers type thing then they're being subtle enough about it.  If they keep going like this then this might be a pretty decent way of getting it across.  Until proven wrong I'm sure they'll fuck it up, but so far so good.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

First of all, greetings from Greece!  Having a good time so far and haven't been online nearly as much as I expected (which is a good thing for me) 

I tried to find a comp of Greek flags at WWE events, but to no avail. This was actually the first thing that came up in my search. Unlike Big Dave, I have been to Greece and am planning on going again next year. Unfortunately, I can't say I speak very much. At the very least, Big Dave should open a diner.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nate said:

What's keeping Braun from cashing in next week? They've shown that as smart as KO can be, Braun can be smarter. And if he's being truthful about 'shoot on site' with Brock, Strowman has to try for it next week. KO can interfere and cost Braun the victory and briefcase but also lose the opportunity for himself. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Just now watching the bits that interest me. Roman landing on his head when Lashley tossed him in the ring was a bad look. Hope he’s okay. 

Maybe he'll have a concussion and it'll keep him out of SummerSlam! Everyone will appreciate that! (/sarcasm)

But seriously, Lashley has dropped or tossed at least three guys dangerously since returning (Elias/Cass/Roman).

7 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Just now watching the bits that interest me. Roman landing on his head when Lashley tossed him in the ring was a bad look. Hope he’s okay. 

I can't believe they kept that in the highlight video on YouTube. I figured they'd edit that out but there it was. It did look pretty bad but I hope Roman is okay.

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

Impressive what AJ Styles got out of him last Survivor Series. 

[...] 

The only Brock matches I rate since said Undertaker feud were versus Goldberg at WrestleMania XXXII and the aforementioned Styles match. Just want Lesnar gone.

The Styles match was at least a wrestling match, even though it still had a few Germans. It felt way less as if Lesnar was going through the motions than before. 

I didn't like the match with Goldberg, put the audience and most others seemed to. For me it was simply two guys throwing finishers and moves at each other. Granted, it was probably the best thing to do. 

• Like 1