DVDVR Message Board

WWE EVOLUTION (All Women's PPV) - 10/28/2018

RIPPA

Perhaps opening a different can of worms,but do they tailor their publicity junkets based on demographics, for both the men and women? Does Bayley get sent to do kids stuff? I know Cana has been a Go to Nickelodeon guy for years. Do they send Woods and the New Day to comicons or is that Woods’ choice for UUDD? Or do they send the champion(s) and a cross-section of people? 

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Perhaps opening a different can of worms,but do they tailor their publicity junkets based on demographics, for both the men and women? 

I don’t have a lot of knowledge about this, but I’ve always felt they could do this better or more aggressively given the diverse images of their stars.

• Like 2

Amusing that hair color came up on Table for 3 just now with Beth/Natalya/Nia. Natalya talked about having to dye her hair when she debuted because Vince thought she and Beth looked like twins then Beth said hair color doesn't define you in the women's revolution.

• Like 4

IMO, the argument that Vince prefers to push blondes has merit; it's just when you phrase it as an absolute rule rather than a tendency it becomes ridiculous.

According to Wikipedia, 16% of the US population is blonde. Wherever you personally put the dividing line between "heavily pushed" and not, I suspect you'll find more than 16% of the former are blonde.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

IMO, the argument that Vince prefers to push blondes has merit; it's just when you phrase it as an absolute rule rather than a tendency it becomes ridiculous.

According to Wikipedia, 16% of the US population is blonde. Wherever you personally put the dividing line between "heavily pushed" and not, I suspect you'll find more than 16% of the former are blonde.

Exactly. They have a tendency to push blonde women, but it certainly didn't stop them from building the division around AJ when she got crazy over, etc etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Blondes have always been pushed. Look at Buddy Rogers, gorgeous George, ...

Far be it from me to disagree with AJ Lee on her presentation, but in the spring of 2011, she was as much the focal point of the Punk/Bryan feud as the actual fucking title.  Then that fed into her being named the RAW GM. Then she remained involved in main event storylines as Ziggler's lady pal. If you say she was presented as any less of a star than Sunny, whose only real hype was as most downloaded babe while having to manage goofy ass tag teams (sorry, LOD 2000 years old AKA O-L-D) on the actual shows, then you might as well be saying Elizabeth was somehow presented as less of a star than Sunny. Whether it was different than how Sunny was treated, AJ Lee got more and higher quality screen time than Sunny, whose most memorable appearances were bikini music videos and the Slammy Awards.

• Like 2

Who do we think the title matches are going to be?   I am thinking Natty will fuck over Ronda at SummerSlam so maybe Ronda gets her rematch with Bliss here.  

On the SDL side of things I'm hoping for a one on one of Flair and Becky; that would be really good.  I'd settle for Flair/Asuka II also. 

The SDL Title match will be either Becky/Asuka or Becky Charlotte.

I think Raw's title match will be Ronda vs. Nattie, maybe with Steph's backing.

If the tag titles happen I think its a given we have Boos N' Hug Connection vying for them. The Bellas seem like the most obvious choice.

I think Bianca Belair challenges whoever is holding the NXT belt between Shayna and Kairi.

23 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

The show doesn’t need it and I don’t particularly want it, but if Steph were to wrestle, you could pretty easily build a case around her Wrestlemania work. 

The Steph and Trish brawl at No Way Out is a lot of fun.  It had no right to be as good as it was. 

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think Steph will have a match though.  I'd guess that she comes out and does the Hunter NXT thing "Thanks for coming!" and then she's out of there. 

hopefully not on commentary

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Oh, I thought I read somewhere that Mauro was going to be one of the people in the booth for the Evolution PPV.

That was the rumor. Looks like its just for the Parade of Champions tonight.