DVDVR Message Board

WWE EVOLUTION (All Women's PPV) - 10/28/2018

RIPPA

Naomi is constantly in title matches on the house show loops. Her last five matches were for the title against Carmella. And of course Charlotte is back in the title program. She has a famous last name. She was in the Sports Illustrated body issue. But, yeah, let's pretend it's because she's blonde and that's the only reason.

This is the worst argument, and I'm not surprised it's taking up the bulk of a thread that should be celebrating the fact that WWE has finally joined Impact and other companies on presenting their first all female PPV. Instead, it's about hair/skin color and how hard the company pushes some workers over others.

• Like 1

Yeah, she's not on TV every week because they only have two hours to feature the men and womens division - but, you're right, house shows don't matter and they obviously see nothing in Naomi, despite the fact that they trust her to work with the champion that much and believe people attending live events will actually want to see her challenge for the title.

That's a fine opinion to have @Casey but I don't agree with it.  If they felt they had a star with her then I believe they'd be doing more.  But  again I tried moving on from this weeks ago and then you started it back up again with Dave's tweets. I agree with you that this thread should be focused on the actual PPV.  

Edit:  Let me see what Craig has written.  Edit:  I haven't said anything about DC/Marvel in ages. lol

I hate to break it to you, but I've barely posted in this thread. So I have no clue what you're talking about when you said I brought it back up again with Dave's tweets.

As far as I can tell, going through this thread, that's the ONLY thing you've talked about since page 2 - how only the white blonde girls get pushed. The top five stars on RAW are, in no particular order - Bliss, Nia Jax, Rousey, Banks & Bayley. The top five on Smackdown are Becky, Charlotte, Asuka, Carmella and then your choices kinda fall off a cliff because you're left with people like Lana, IIconics, Absolution, etc who just obviously aren't pushed as being in the top "tier".

The number of non-white blonde women in the upper echelon on either brand outnumbers the white blonde "stars". Becky doesn't even belong in the latter category, since she's either always been brunette or had the orange hair.

I really can't believe we're arguing about the top female stars in the company and their pushes based on their "hair color".

1 minute ago, Casey said:

how only the white blonde girls get pushed.

Again Daniel Bryan was WWE Champion.  AJ Styles is WWE Champion.  They aren't the stars. You can point to them and say "look, they held the title, they had a couple moments" but the reality is it's always been the big jacked up dudes who were "the guys."  Yes,  you can point to Shawn and say "no, he's a smaller guy" sure.. he was the man him and Bret after the steroid trial but again that's not what Vince typically falls back on.  For one Shawn, there's a million Hogans and Romans.  I believe Vince defers to the white blonde girls and books them as the "beautiful face of the company" more often than not. Trish, Sunny, Sable, Kelly, Torrie, Alexa, etc. eat up the screen time. They might not always hold the title but who cares, as I said this entire time it's how the company is presenting someone.  We know that they presented AJ Lee differently than the others because she said it in her book. 

Yes,  you disagree.  You think I'm crazy.  You think Sasha/Bayley are presented the same way as Charlotte or Alexa. I don't.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You’re talking about the babyfaces who’ve been in the bulk of the featured angles and matches on SmackDown side for the last few months, right?

Yes, the guys who don't main event PPVs and always take a backseat to Roman/Brock etc.  that's them..  

What metrics are we even using for someone being presented by WWE as a "star"? It's weird that WWE sends Sasha Banks to do things like co-host TRL or whatever, appear on Hot Ones, give radio interviews, etc. but Alexa Bliss is the "star" because.... she's blonde and holds the title?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes, the guys who don't main event PPVs and always take a backseat to Roman/Brock etc.  that's them..  

So you’re arguing that this single degree of difference in the recent presentation of these heavily promoted acts suggests that Styles and Bryan *checks notes* “aren’t the stars”?

I really don’t understand your perspective. I’m sorry. 

1 minute ago, Casey said:

What metrics are we even using for someone being presented by WWE as a "star"? It's weird that WWE sends Sasha Banks to do things like co-host TRL or whatever, appear on Hot Ones, give radio interviews, etc. but Alexa Bliss is the "star" because.... she's blonde and holds the title?

Some events or shows WWE will send who they want to go and represent the company and others the show/event whatever will ask for who they want. 

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So you’re arguing that this single degree of difference

It's not a small difference,  it's all the difference especially with the women because if you aren't in the main feud then you are barely on TV.  Maybe you get a few minutes of screen time,  some weeks you aren't on at all.  Or if you are on it's in a terrible time slot.  That's just the TV part of it.  

You get to PPV and the difference is even more significant. Maybe they'll appear on the kickoff show.  Maybe not at all. 

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

So either WWE is sending Sasha Banks, because they think she's a "star" Or these places are picking Sasha Banks, because they think she's a "star."

Oh, okay. Got it.

Yes,  now you are getting it.  If other places want Sasha Banks then maybe that's where the light should go off for Vince and he should start making sure that she is presented as a star and appearing on PPVs like SummerSlam.  Why devalue someone that has a star quality? 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's not a small difference,  it's all the difference especially with the women because if you aren't in the main feud then you are barely on TV.  Maybe you get a few minutes of screen time,  some weeks you aren't on at all.  Or if you are on it's in a terrible time slot.  That's just the TV part of it.  

You get to PPV and the difference is even more significant. Maybe they'll appear on the kickoff show.  Maybe not at all. 

I’m confused. Are AJ and Bryan stars or not?

What is this "presented like a star" bullshit? Alexa Bliss is running away from Ronda Rousey and hiding behind Mickie James of all people, that's surely not being presented like a star to the general TV audience. Also, RAW proves your idea of "one women's storyline at a time" wrong because Bliss/Rousey and the Banks/Bayley thing is going on concurrently. It doesn't matter if one program gets 30 seconds and the other gets 20 minutes every week - it's still two female programs running at once, irregardless of how you feel about said storylines.

I am not getting involved in the hair color/who's a "star" debate, but want to address a point brought up several posts back saying there is only ever one female storyline going on at a time.

Currently on RAW the female storylines are: Alexa Bliss v Ronda Rousey as the upcoming title match, the Sasha/Bayley "frenemys" thing that has been going on for months, and Ember Moon vs each member of the Riott Squad. Three ongoing "stories" for the women unfolding over the last 4-6 weeks.

On SD, there has been the steady climb back to the top of Becky Lynch as she tries to get back to the title and now that Charlotte is back she is in the mix which will likely lead to a Becky/Charlotte side feud, Asuka v Carmella/Ellsworth was going on for two months as a featured story on the show, and recently Zelena Vega and Lana have been a side story to the Rusev/Almas feud. SD has one less hour to fill than RAW, though, so it seems the women there don't get as much.

Are these ALL top tier stories? Not at all, but they are all given time on each show and shows that there is a bit more than just one storyline per show for the women's division.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

What is this "presented like a star" bullshit? Alexa Bliss is running away from Ronda Rousey and hiding behind Mickie James of all people, that's surely not being presented like a star to the general TV audience. Also, RAW proves your idea of "one women's storyline at a time" wrong because Bliss/Rousey and the Banks/Bayley thing is going on concurrently. It doesn't matter if one program gets 30 seconds and the other gets 20 minutes every week - it's still two female programs running at once, irregardless of how you feel about said storylines.

So in your view the Mojo/Roode storyline is the same as the Roman/Brock story?  One of these is main eventing SummerSlam and the others will be lucky to be on the show at all.  

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes,  you disagree.  You think I'm crazy.

Just to clarify here - no one thinks you're crazy. We think you're an idiot presenting idiotic ideas that are immediately disproven, causing you to, for whatever reason, double down on your idiotic ideas and support them with more idiotic ideas such as "Kelly Kelly was the face of the company."

You're wrong and stupid, please stop posting forever 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Just to clarify here - no one thinks you're crazy. We think you're an idiot presenting idiotic ideas that are immediately disproven, causing you to, for whatever reason, double down on your idiotic ideas and support them with more idiotic ideas such as "Kelly Kelly was the face of the company."

You're wrong and stupid, please stop posting forever 

You have never added anything to this board and today is no different.  Spill something on your tablet, please. 

"Because it's MORELOCK" is a popular phrase on here for a reason and it's because you suck. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So in your view the Mojo/Roode storyline is the same as the Roman/Brock story?  One of these is main eventing SummerSlam and the others will be lucky to be on the show at all.  

You're going to sit there and try to compare a division with 13 wrestlers to the rest of the RAW brand, with 39 wrestlers on it? 205 Live has more workers than the women's division on RAW.

• Like 2