DVDVR Message Board

WWE EVOLUTION (All Women's PPV) - 10/28/2018

RIPPA

37 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

...the women’s division is marginally better booked than the men. 

Where's this happening because I'd like to see it?  We've had other promotions booking Women seriously for a decade, but now WWE is so fucking wonderful for finally catching up after single handedly pushing it to the mainstream and and doing a long overdue Women's PPV,   Never mind that it's happening now when there's no real metric for success/failure nationally because they're running the Nassau and we're out of the PPV age.

I think what Kyuubi said was more of an indictment of just how shitty the men's booking has been - the women's looks much better by comparison.

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

I don't think people think Alexa is bad just not at the level of other women to put on high level matches.

There are definitely a couple of loudmouths here that think Alexa is the worst thing to ever happen to the women's division.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

Mickie James posted on Twitter that she wants one more match with Trish Stratus at Evolution. That match would be a great addition to the card. 

Bayley did a post RAW interview on the YT channel saying she would love to face Lita in a match

I could do without Lita as she never got any better in the ring. I wouldn't mind if Trish, Beth Phoenix, or Molly Holly made an appearance or had some kind of "legends match". I would definitely try to ignore the "divas era" as that was mostly trash. I don't want to see the Bellas on and I certainly don't want to see Michelle McTaker.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Stephanie McMahon hogging her part in the Evolution is tiring. I'm happy for the women wrestlers getting their own PPV with the rise in quality from NXT in 2015 to the present day (feels like a makeup for the Greatest Royal Rumble debacle) along with women's versions of men's matches: HIAC/MITB/RR/EC.

Steph has to take credit for #GiveDivasAChance because there's no fucking way they'll credit it to AJ.

• Thanks 2

Honestly - I have a feeling it is a company directive to have the women talk about all these dream matches they could have when they already know they aren't doing any of them.

Just like how it was a company directive to have all the talent tweeting about it

11 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I hope you are right.

I should clarify to say I'm not certain Io will win the tournament. But if she loses, I don't think it will be on account of "optics" regarding the efficacy of the PC in developing talent. They treat high profile talent from outside so favourably upon arrival that I don't worry about those things at the NXT level. 

Steph interview with Sky Sports

If she will be wrestling at Evolution:

(Laughter) “That’s yet to be determined, we want to make sure our superstars really get the spotlight they deserve but if it makes sense then absolutely. But that’s yet to be determined.”

If Women’s Tag Team Titles will be revealed at Evolution:

“Not quite yet but that’s absolutely something we’ve heard loud and clear from our fan base and it’s something we’re keen on implementing as soon as we are able to.”

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

I don't understand this new hot take that Alexa Bliss is the shits in the ring.   

It's not a hot take. She isn't good.  Name her 5 best matches..  I'm interested in seeing what you consider "more than qualified" as you put it. She's had a couple "ok" matches and that's about it. 

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Show us on the doll where you think Alexa took Sasha's push away.

Is he wrong though? Alexa gets the character aspect of wrestling down very well but I haven't been impressed with her matches as a whole. Her heat segments can be a death but I understand that could be only partially her fault because WWE loves a long, drawn out, dull heat segment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Is he wrong though? Alexa gets the character aspect of wrestling down very well but I haven't been impressed with her matches as a whole. Her heat segments can be a death but I understand that could be only partially her fault because WWE loves a long, drawn out, dull heat segment.

This is one of the worst promos I've ever seen. Were they ever this bad on NXT? Did they phone it in on purpose?

• Haha 2

My personal opinion is that Alexa has a great heel persona but can’t wrestle like one. She should probably wrestle like an underdog babyface but as we saw in NXT, that didn’t work too well. If she can pull off a Rock-like turn it would probably help a lot.

Well to be fair I can't name any of the RAW women's 5 best matches except Mickie James.  At least not on the main roster shows.   Most of the women who were great in NXT have regressed under crappy booking and/or injuries.   Would I like to see the title put on someone like Ruby Riot or Ember Moon.  Sure but hell they already have Ember jobbing to Sara Logan for fuck sakes.  

This is really not worth arguing because there is no chance Bliss is going over Ronda Rousey anyway.  

There's a difference between "not top tier" and "so shitty she's actively making the division worse by her presence"

The larger problem is WWE is guilty of "Flavor of the Month" booking the women, where they'll book one super strong going over everyone, regardless of *anything*, then move on to something else when Vince decides he's bored with this one, and then the rest are stuck to languish with not a whole lot of anything, and they don't go back to something older.  

13 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Show us on the doll where you think Alexa took Sasha's push away.

I didn't mention a thing about Sasha. She's not the only one who has been demoted. Same thing has happened to Asuka over on SDL.  

My stance is clear.  I want to watch good wrestling.   Sasha and Asuka are good to great depending on the night.   Alexa and Carmella are not.  Nobody in this thread can name a great Alexa match because it's never happened. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't mention a thing about Sasha. She's not the only one who has been demoted. Same thing has happened to Asuka over on SDL.  

My stance is clear.  I want to watch good wrestling.   Sasha and Asuka are good to great depending on the night.   Alexa and Carmella are not.  Nobody in this thread can name a great Alexa match because it's never happened. 

Like I said, you only need wait until Summerslam and Ronda wins, and whoever the next thing Vince decides to push on SDL is, then you won't have to worry about seeing them near the titles anymore.