DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXI - 8/19/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I kind of wish they had cast someone less douchy looking to be Rhonda's husband so every Neil Turban-looking motherfucker doesn't get the idea that if you go to an event looking in that state some sweaty lady is going to jump the barricade and rub her creepy eye makeup all over your stupid bald head.

Travis Browne looks nothing like Neil Turbin, what the fuck are you smoking?

• Haha 1

I thought Becky's makeup was bad, but then Ronda showed up looking like she was auditioning for a spot in the Powers of Pain.

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Ronda is going to slowly morph into Dump Matsumoto. I'll leave the swastika jokes for y'all to insert. 

I'm all for it if Nia Jax to join her and getting a mohawk and going to walk to the ring beating up guys wearing Bullet Club t-shirts sitting ringside with a kendo stick.

They need to do something about this roster,  man.   Here's some people that didn't have a match.   Cesaro,  Sheamus,  The Usos,  The Authors of Pain,  John Cena (he was filming I think),  Randy Orton (that's a plus around here I know lol),  Bobby Roode,  Bobby Lashley,  Sasha Banks,  Elias, Bayley,  Ember Moon,  Asuka..   

I'm probably forgetting some others but man.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They need to do something about this roster,  man.   Here's some people that didn't have a match.   Cesaro,  Sheamus,  The Usos,  The Authors of Pain,  John Cena (he was filming I think),  Randy Orton (that's a plus around here I know lol),  Bobby Roode,  Bobby Lashley,  Sasha Banks,  Elias, Bayley,  Ember Moon,  Asuka..   

There were 13 matches on the show. You wanted more?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm gonna keep harping on it forever, but having a split roster this big and then only combined ppvs is dumb as hell.

• Like 6

Yeah, it sucks those peeps were left out, but it's impossible to not be burned out after such a long show.

No,  not at all.  I think they have signed too much talent. I'd like to see them cycle more people down to NXT to work a program or two and then come back to the main roster. It'd give them something to do and allow the young performers to work with veteran talent. 

• Like 2

It’s not great when you have to book your main event to trick and circumvent the crowd. Is there a way to jumble Braun’s name to read like Red Herring? Remember that...?

Anyway, I loved Shinsuke just going for it, AJ/Joe, Miz/Bryan, and Becky’s pop. Not a great ratio considering time spent, but I knew what I was starting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No,  not at all.  I think they have signed too much talent. I'd like to see them cycle more people down to NXT to work a program or two and then come back to the main roster. It'd give them something to do and allow the young performers to work with veteran talent. 

They've been hoarding too much talent for years. They don't mind if a sizable chunk of their roster doesn't make it on to these big shows and we've seen what happens when they try to shoehorn all their wrestlers onto a card at Mania every year.

4 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

It’s not great when you have to book your main event to trick and circumvent the crowd. Is their a way to jumble Braun’s name to read like Red Herring? Remember that...?

Anyway, I loved Shinsuke having a time, AJ/Joe, Miz/Bryan, and Becky’s pop. Not a great ratio considering time spent, but I knew what I was starting.

Brindle Sockeye... I'm so sorry.

A lot of people are burned out on Ciampa/Gargano, I'm completely burned out on Bryan/Miz. WWE loves their faces looking like complete buffoons. Why wasn't Brie out there to combat Maryse when anyone could have told you she would get involved? 

I was loving AJ/Joe, but hate the DQ finish.

I feel like the Becky heel turn is going to go over as badly as Bryan joining the Wyatt's. Nobody wants to boo Becky Lynch. I'm not thrilled Charlotte won the belt, but I'm glad it's finally off Carmella.

Ronda/Alexa was exactly how it should have been. Nattie wearing her dad's Summerslam '90 jacket was a nice touch. Unfortunately, Michael Cole had to ruin it by talking over it.

KO getting squashed was pointless. He should have won the briefcase through some kind of shenanigans.

I'm glad the Bludgeon Brothers held onto the titles. I want them having a Demolition like reign. I wish just once the announcers call their mallets a bludgeon. That's what it is.

I'm very surprised about Nakamura winning cleanly. I figured there would be Randy Orton interference. I'm very disappointed in Corey Graves. Tom Phillips mentions Jeff being the sad clown and we get no reference to Pagliacci. That was a softball lobbed up there, and it should have been knocked out of the park. 

I enjoyed Rollins/Ziggler. I'm glad Ambrose is back. I liked Ziggler's homage to Rick Rude with the IC title on the front of his tights. 

Nice to see Demon Balor squashing the hipster mixologist.

The best part of the main event was Brock taking out Braun in preparation for beating him after beating Roman. Again, WWE makes their faces look like idiots. Braun could have just inserted himself into the match at the beginning. I hope we get the Shield closer to playing tweeners as they try to fend off Braun. They wouldn't be wrong for doing so. They're the hounds of justice and MITB is perhaps the most unjust concept WWE has.

• Like 4