DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXI - 8/19/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Like every Lesnar vs. Reigns match, the big question isn’t so much the match but the reaction to the match. Realistically, while it didn’t get credit for such because of the intense Reigns hatred by some, their Santa Clara WrestleMania match was great. But the crowd has to a degree ruined several of Reigns’ recent matches, and, in an attempt to get Reigns cheered, which has worked to a degree elsewhere, they’ve actually put Lesnar in the same position in New York that he was on in that fateful WrestleMania 20 match with Bill Goldberg. The story here is whether the New York crowd will cheer for Reigns, since they probably won’t cheer for Lesnar, or just crap on the match. As far as what happens, who knows? If Lesnar is leaving and not coming back for a long time, he obviously should lose the title. Vince McMahon, with obvious help from Paul Heyman, who constantly thinks out of the box, loves to have Lesnar’s matches and programs fool people.

From the newest WON

I'm going with Reigns.  If Brock continues with WWE they can still do the "double champion" deal at a later date. Roman finally gets the win and Brock,  who looks like he's entered the steroid testing pool, can go off and train for his fight.  Maybe he returns at the Rumble.  This is all moot because Brock is not beating DC.

52 minutes ago, twiztor said:

why isn't Cesaro on this show?  i am planning to watch this one and am disappointed.

Lashley isn't even on this show and he was in the main event of the last main show 

How stupid and yet completely expected would it be if Kevin Owens wins the MITB contract tonight

All that build, and the reign of the Roman Empire begins because Brock slipped on a banana peel.

It's like the agents don't know anything else.

I'm also pretty sure the reactions of the SDL Women's title didn't pan out they way they expected.  I mean, it looked like Becky face-turned there.

• Like 5