DVDVR Message Board

Valve is releasing a thing...

Big Fresh

That's great...where's Half-Life 3/Half-Life 2 Episode 3 and Left 4 Dead 3? Most of this stuff with Valve is just their efforts to avoid doing anything with Half-Life. Sure, I'll be able to play DOTA 2 & Team Fortress 2 on a HDTV with a dedicated device.

Half-Life 3's dummy page appeared on Steam yesterday (9/25)

What's great is that SteamOS will be open for everyone, so if you wanted to build your own SteamOS box, or even dual boot, you could. What makes this whole thing insanely great is the ability to sling whatever game you want to play from your Steam Machine to your laptop, PC, and I would imagine similar hubs that are capable of receiving the stream from your central Steam Machine. Some may scoff due to the OnLive comparison, but this is entirely different since you're relying on your own in home network, which won't be subject to the same interference you would receive while using something like OnLive. Over a wireless N or better network, you're sitting pretty, but if your home is wired for ethernet, you shouldn't have any issues at all. I'm excited for this.

The 360 controller has already perfected the analog stick, so I'm glad Valve is trying something so weird. It'll probably be terrible, but by all accounts the new XBox 1 controller and the DS4 and will be compatible with PCs so no harm done.

That...has to be a joke, right? How would that even work? Who in their right mind thinks B/A/X/Y/W/Bl/Etc buttons on the LEFT side of the controller is functional...at all. Even left handed people think that's a weird design choice. Not to mention that it's been pretty well established that you need tactile buttons on the right side of the controller. So stupid. Come on, Valve. Is there any legit reason why we're seeing this before ANYTHING Half-Life 3 related?