DVDVR Message Board

JAMES GUNN FIRED FROM MCU

Zimbra

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

What about Scott Lobdell?

Did he design the Teen Titans costumes for the New 52? Oof.

Be interesting what happens with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Thanos may have done Marvel a favour ; ). James Gunn's screenplay gets dropped? Standoff between Disney and the Guardians cast wanting James Gunn back? Will the film be dropped/PR nightmare? That money goes towards X-Men/Fantastic Four ; ).

Just now, The Natural said:

Did he design the Teen Titans costumes for the New 52? Oof.

No, that was either Brett Booth or Brett and Jim Lee, depending on what interview you read. Scott wrote the book though, so...

Allegedly Disney is having a meeting with Gunn that might possibly lead to him being reinstated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

No, that was either Brett Booth or Brett and Jim Lee, depending on what interview you read. Scott wrote the book though, so...

Allegedly Disney is having a meeting with Gunn that might possibly lead to him being reinstated.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

Not even in the same category. Lobdell is criminally mediocre. Austen's the closest to Vince Russo Marvel ever had.

I like Russo more. 

Its not they reference Austen, its that he made that one panel the sum of everything Hank can ever be. So I am happy having him be a cranky old man. 

I hear Marvel is about to retcon that panel. Which I am sure we all know was Bob Hall misinterpreting the script he was given. 

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was Booth and Lobdell. Lee wanted no part of that evil.

Unless the cast made threats behind the scenes to leave I have trouble seeing Disney fully reinstate him.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Unless the cast made threats behind the scenes to leave I have trouble seeing Disney fully reinstate him.

Maybe they have and told Disney in private so Disney could save face. I hope that is what happened,  

It really needs to be said again that Marvel acted in bad faith with Gunn. He was upfront about his history and apologized and they they fire/release him because a rapist created a stir.  

One sickening aspect is the people feigning offense at tweets are silent about real kids being hurt. 

I said before, it's a Pat Patterson firing. He was being paid to write GotG3, with the expectation that he would also direct it. Then he was fired, so now he's unemployed, but he's still writing the script, he's just not getting a weekly wage for it any more. And in a few months, he'll be hired back as writer, and he'll then go on to direct it. He might be forced to do an apology tour or something first.