DVDVR Message Board

JAMES GUNN FIRED FROM MCU

Zimbra

Gunn was targeted politically for a reason, and once the tweets were found, Cernovich won.  Disney fires Gunn, Cernovich and co get to laugh hardy at the dumb liberals eating theirselves.  Disney doesn't fire him, Cernovich and co get to run up the double standard flag and give consertive media something to focus on to distract from the God Emperor's latest fuckups.

• Like 4

Considering the DoJ just went hissy fit on appealing the AT&T/Time Warner merger, mostly because Time Warner owns CNN, who says mean things about the President, then yeah, that's up there too.

It was a shitty way for this stuff to be uncovered but if you've read the tweets they are every bit as disgusting as the right made them out to be and I'm pretty freakin far left.  James Gunn has problems;  I think he definitely needed to go and he needs to get help.  

Didn't he apologize and renounce them years ago? They were public when Marvel hired him, so its not like it was some dark secret and its not Gunn's fault Disney/Marvel did not do their due diligence. 

I read some of the tweets and they are messed up. But you would have to be really stupid not to know it was a joke. 

I don't think it will change the quality of Guardians or effect its box office one way or another. Gunn hopefully made a lot of money and he should get better work now then he was pre Guardians. 

49 minutes ago, Victator said:

I read some of the tweets and they are messed up. But you would have to be really stupid not to know it was a joke. 

one joke about pedophilia.  Okay,  maybe.  Two jokes about it?  Eh.   Dozens and dozens and dozens of "jokes" about it in graphic detail?  Why? Not to mention the transgender "jokes" and all the other shit he posted..  

Wait..  He was "young and stupid"  wasn't he? No..  he was mid 30s.  

• Like 1

Cernovich is human garbage, but the dude makes some sound tactical moves. This shit show is a win-win for him and his "cause" no matter the outcome, if Disney rehires Gunn then Cernovich will just cry about "liberal hypocrisy" or some shit and if they don't it will be just another feather on his cap.

I tip my hat to Cernovich (just long enough to distract him so I can kick his balls to the Moon).

• Like 4

It says a lot about our society when weak minded, easily offended individuals can go to websites like Fiverr and hire a legion of idiots who will back whatever you say up on Twitter with their bot accounts.

Social media is anything but social.  Those sites are designed like behavioural c oc ai ne to trigger you to come back again and again again.  If you are on any platform, you are nothing more than a piece of data for websites to sell to advertisers.  The websites then hide behind Section 230 to defend their abusive content.

If you want a peek behind the curtain, google 'the follower factory new york times'.  It does not matter what side of an issue you are on, every platform is a complete ishshow.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

one joke about pedophilia.  Okay,  maybe.  Two jokes about it?  Eh.   Dozens and dozens and dozens of "jokes" about it in graphic detail?  Why? Not to mention the transgender "jokes" and all the other shit he posted..  

The thing is, that was very in keeping with mid-2000s style dark humour. Like, is it REALLY that far outside the kind of shit you'd see on Family Guy or South Park within the era? Never mind the kind of humour that was giving people a profile online. I'm not trying to defend it because it's shit tier humour, in poor taste at best and actively harmful at worst, but Gunn was basically just appealing to an audience that was genuinely taking up a lot of conceptual space in comedy at the time and there are dozens of other comedy writers who were dropping the same kind of jokes into content directly if not on Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

I wont be holding my breath for Disney to remove Johnny Depp from the Pirates movies.

....or Robert Downey Jr. from playing Iron Man since he lived the character of Tony Stark.

Social media and the Internet has gotten out of control.

45 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

The thing is, that was very in keeping with mid-2000s style dark humour. Like, is it REALLY that far outside the kind of shit you'd see on Family Guy or South Park within the era? Never mind the kind of humour that was giving people a profile online. I'm not trying to defend it because it's shit tier humour, in poor taste at best and actively harmful at worst, but Gunn was basically just appealing to an audience that was genuinely taking up a lot of conceptual space in comedy at the time and there are dozens of other comedy writers who were dropping the same kind of jokes into content directly if not on Twitter.

I hate to imagine any of my favorite improv comics getting famous enough that their "old"  Earwolf jokes/characters are put under this kind of scrutiny. 

15 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No.  He was early 40s.  The man is 51 years old. 

5 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Dozens of graphic jokes about the same thing? Child rape? I mean get new material..

James Gunn is not a standup comedian and Twitter is a public forum. It’s not private. Anyone can read it. He wasn’t telling dirty jokes for a comedy special or a movie.  

Miguel Torres got temporarily fired from the UFC for an offensive tweet that he was quoting from a tv show. As Bas Rutte. Pointed out when you post on Twitter, the room is the world. It’s not you and a group of friends who understand your personality.

the only party at fault for this is James Gunn. And he never apologized for these tweets before. 

Cernovich isn't going to run into a stand up comedian who doesn't give a fuck and eats his soul. It's a matter of time. That he didn't get ethered by Patton or Black means he's lucky.

• Like 1