DVDVR Message Board

NXT July 18, 2018

Greggulator

This women's triple threat match is off-the-charts fun. It's so crazy. When this version of NXT started, it was just a thing to have women's wrestling treated somewhat seriously. Someone like Paige felt revolutionary. Emma actually having a character was one giant step. Then we had the Horsewomen. Everyone was ready to write off the decision, especially when Bayley was called up. This division has gotten so great in what is like its 403rd reboot. The three women in this match were fantastic, and I don't even know if Candace LaRae is actually any good (beyond her great moonsault). Nikki Cross is a great face lunatic -- the best in years. And the star of the match is a Japanese woman who has a pirate gimick. And Shayna is just the ultimate condescending bully.

That doesn't even count the very fun Dakota Kai/Lacey Evans match. Dakota is a great spitfire babyface. Lacey is still figuring out how to do the in-ring work. But, man, she is an awesome character. She has such a nastiness about her. She really knows how to play a horrible person very well. And The Woman's Right is a great name for a finisher. And Bianca Belair might have the most potential out of anyone.

Fun Street Profits segment. Glad those guys are back. I didn't really like the "Get to know War Raiders" stuff. It was really well done. But f that. I want those dudes to act like they're literal Vikings. The EC3/Maluta bit was really fun. "I don't need it. I'm rich." 

That Dream promo was something else, too. I've watched it about 40 times. I love the Dream's character because it's all about the spotlight (said in a whisper as he turns back around). Dream's such a huge hit and star of the show. Yet he's won ONE big match, and that was against KO who is in a "late period singles Bobby Eaton" role. (And there's nothing wrong with that at all.) Dream can lose matches and just look better from it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

That Ohno squash was interesting.  A match that completely came out of nowhere with a finish on one elbow shot.   Given his disgusted attitude with dealing with this guy, maybe he is turning heel soon.      Actually him being the attacker of Black would be a better idea than Gargano which most people (including me) thinks