DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: BROOKLYN IV - 8/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Black being out hurts a lot. Not that I don't expect Gargano/Ciampa to be great again, but his presence freshened up the match and puts them in a tough booking spot where they either have to pull the trigger on Gargano's win now or risk dragging the storyline into diminishing returns territory. Feels unfair to everyone involved, but injuries are a motherfucker.

I expect Ricochet/Cole to deliver, and despite also being a three-match, Strong/KoR vs. Mustache Mountain feels like it has a lot more mileage left than the main. Sane/Baszler looks good on paper too.

The Dream/EC3 match is interesting. Dream really needs a win here, but they seem insistent on pushing EC3 despite not really coming off as a big deal in NXT.

• Like 1

I like the idea I saw of EC3 going the way of Almas - Loses the big matches early on, then gets a mini 'reset' heel turn before going on his big run at the top. I also think he will be on the main roster sooner rather than later. Probably right after Mania and possibly without an NXT title run to his name.

8 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Black being out hurts a lot. Not that I don't expect Gargano/Ciampa to be great again, but his presence freshened up the match and puts them in a tough booking spot where they either have to pull the trigger on Gargano's win now or risk dragging the storyline into diminishing returns territory. Feels unfair to everyone involved, but injuries are a motherfucker.

I expect Ricochet/Cole to deliver, and despite also being a three-match, Strong/KoR vs. Mustache Mountain feels like it has a lot more mileage left than the main. Sane/Baszler looks good on paper too.

The Dream/EC3 match is interesting. Dream really needs a win here, but they seem insistent on pushing EC3 despite not really coming off as a big deal in NXT.

Agree with all of this. The second Gargano-Ciampa match needed a better stipulation like LMS which Styles-Nakamura got or HIAC. HIAC is usually saved for it's own show but it be cool to see NXT get one for the first time. Dream needs the win more than EC3, Dream has more going for him.

Predictions:

Ciampa retains the NXT Championship

Baszler retains the NXT Women's Championship

O'Reilly/Strong defend the NXT Tag Team Titles.

Cole defends the NXT North American Title.

Dream defeats EC3.

Difficult predictions. Only ones I'm confident in are the NXT North American and NXT Tag Team Championship matches.

20 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Tough to see heels winning all 4 title matches. I think they either pull the trigger on Gargano, or Ricochet wins the NA title.

I can see Gargano winning or saving the last match till the last TakeOver of the year and that's when Gargano vanquishes Ciampa. Wouldn't be surprised if Last Man Standing ends a draw either. Thinking about it, Ricochet winning frees up the North American title so Cole can be in War Games. Ricochets an ideal one to put that title on.

It's refreshing when things are unpredictable.

4 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Tough to see heels winning all 4 title matches. I think they either pull the trigger on Gargano, or Ricochet wins the NA title.

I know it, Shayna knows it, Kairi can beat her.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

Predictions:

Ciampa retains the NXT Championship

Baszler retains the NXT Women's Championship

O'Reilly/Strong defend the NXT Tag Team Titles.

Cole defends the NXT North American Title.

Dream defeats EC3.

Difficult predictions. Only ones I'm confident in are the NXT North American and NXT Tag Team Championship matches.

I'll say Gargano over Ciampa.

Baszler retains the women's title.

Undisputed Era retain over Moustache Mountain.

Ricochet over Adam Cole

Velveteen and EC3 is the only one I'm unsure of. I'll say Velveteen. Both of them need the win.

• Like 1

Undisputed Era retain

Dream def EC3

Ricochet new NA champ

Matt Riddle in the crowd

Shayna retains

Gargano wins BUT he crosses the line & isn’t the same... thinking he launches Ciampa off the top of the Tron & through the stage or something.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Question about buying off Stubhub. I got my takeover tickets from them last year, but I'm curious with it being so close to the show now do people hold steady on those over inflated prices or do they lower them just to unload them?

Depends on the reseller.  That's why I like SeatGeek a bit more.  They'll tell you whether or not the price quoted is a bad/good/great deal for the seat.   

That being said, this isn't exactly Roger Waters and David Gilmour reuniting for one night only.  The price you see is probably the price the seller left it at. 

• Like 1

I found a nosebleed seat on Ticketmaster for half of what people on StubHub were asking, which is silly. I figure once I'm there and the show is starting, I'll look again to see if anything downstairs plummets in price and upgrade if so.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:18 AM, Craig H said:

I think a Riddle signing might be such a big deal that they could conceivably do the announcement in the ring.

Or he could have been the person responsible for taking out Black.   That would be an even better way to debut someone

While I know the match will be awesome, I am not sure why Mustache Mountain vs Era is the match.   It should at least be a 3 way with the War Raiders so that you think that there is a chance of a title change.  

?