DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: BROOKLYN IV - 8/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Jesus, them spoilers...   Alright, so here's the card:

Triple Threat LAST MAN STANDING MATCH FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP: Tomasso CHAMP-a (c) vs. Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Kairi Sane

FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP: Adam Cole (Baby (c)) vs. Ricochet

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Undisputed Era (c) vs. Mustache Mountain

Velveteen Dream vs. EC3

---

I regret not getting tickets. 

Now that's a card, my lone complaint is no Pete Dunne. The NXT TakeOver cards stick to a five match format and all the titles have never been defended before on one show. Therefore I'd switch the Tag  team Titles with a Pete Dunne United Kingdom Championship defense.

I like that Tommaso Ciampa is the new NXT Champion, the hottest thing going is the feud with Johnny Gargano which left Aleister Black an afterthought.

I believe this is the first multi-man NXT Championship match since Adrian Neville (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze since NXT TakeOver: Fatal 4-Way 2014.

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jesus, them spoilers...   Alright, so here's the card:

Reveal hidden contents

Triple Threat Match For the NXT Championship: Tomasso CHAMP-a (c) vs. Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano

For the NXT Women's Championship: Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Kairi Sane

For the NXT North American Championship: Adam Cole (Baby (c)) vs. Ricochet

For the NXT Tag Team Championship: The Undisputed Era (c) vs. Mustache Mountain

Velveteen Dream vs. EC3

I regret not getting tickets. 

Regrets suck and with hindsight.

That's a great card, but I'll be watching on the network. I'm going to the Asbury Park house show on 8/17. It's a lot easier for me to drive a 1/2 hour to Asbury Park rather than taking the train and subway to Brooklyn. Plus, the cost of the train, subway, and ticket is a lot more than the cost to drive to Asbury and a house show ticket. 

• Like 1

Ciampa retains as he's just won the NXT Championship. Ciampa/Gargano III at the TakeOver before Survivor Series.

Baszler I'm unsure on. Likewise Cole.

Definitely don't see Strong/O'Reilly losing after only just regaining the NXT Tag Team Titles.

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

I think there will be title changes at this Takeover because some champs will probably be called up later this year. 

Who gets called up?

Spoiler

There is no reason for Shayna to be called up unless Rousey is turning heel. You can get more out of Shayna defending the belt in NXT, especially if Shaffir and Duke get brought. Io or Bianca vs. Shayna both have a good potential for Takeover feuds. Black isn't champ anymore so he can get called up, but its clear there is more in Ciampa vs. Gargano. That might go until RR. UE is going nowhere though thinking about it more Ricochet may have the highest chance of getting a belt since Cole doesn't necessarily need it.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Who gets called up?

Hide contents

There is no reason for Shayna to be called up unless Rousey is turning heel. You can get more out of Shayna defending the belt in NXT, especially if Shaffir and Duke get brought. Io or Bianca vs. Shayna both have a good potential for Takeover feuds. Black isn't champ anymore so he can get called up, but its clear there is more in Ciampa vs. Gargano. That might go until RR. UE is going nowhere though thinking about it more Ricochet may have the highest chance of getting a belt since Cole doesn't necessarily need it.

Spoiler

I think TUE is not long for NXT, Cole is capital O Over, at least with the die hards, even if I don't really understand it. His appearance in the Rumble showed that he'll get a pop if he debuts in front of one of the traveling crows and the Bay-Bay will take one show to get over with crowds. I think the only thing keeping them in NXT is Fish being hurt and they will want to bring them up when all of them are healthy. I also think MM may get the belts again to help push the new UK show.

If they're going to do an all womens show this fall I think Shayna could be called up before it, of course they might call Kairi up before then instead. Shayna is an interesting one because of her relationship to Rousey but they could keep them apart by putting Shayna on SDL. Shayna, character wise is ready for the main roster, but idk what they'll do with her with Rousey around.

Spoiler

I just don't see them bring UE to the main roster yet. There really isn't a great spot for them anywhere. NXT UK is supposed to get their own set of titles. I don't really see them needing the main NXT's belts.

Weirdly enough even though I don't think Kairi wins I don't think she gets moved up either. I kind of half expect them to put her with Io for a while in NXT, be that as a friend or rival. NXT is a good place to play off of that history. As far as the all women's show goes it just a one off last time I checked. NXT talent and probably even PC talent will be invovled in that regardless. No reason to move Shayna up for that.

I keep saying it but I want Shayna on the same show as Joe so that they can fall in love choking people out together.

Tell me you wouldn’t mark out for the two of them choking out Brie & Bryan or Rusev & Lana to start a feud?

Hell, in front of the right crowd I think Shayna choking out Maryse could start a face turn for Miz. Joe holding him back while Shayna makes that nasty shark face... chills.

Like when a cat kills a bird for its mate, these two would find a mutual attraction in each other’s ability to put someone to sleep with a choke hold.

It’s meant to be damn it!!!

I hope not. We just saw that with AJ & Nakamura.

I would prefer to see Johnny go right over the edge. They leave each other bloody and broken before Johnny does something insane, like throwing Ciampa off the Titantron. Gargano wins but he has to go to places he never really thought he would go. Full tweener, uncomfortable violence, "stop he's already dead" etc

Depending on how long Black is out it can easily be written as Ciampa taking him out to reduce competition, Lars looking for payback after the broken jaw or... Johnny wanting to make sure nobody was in the way of what he wanted to do to Tommaso...

The redemption story with Candice 'saving' Johnny is right there too.

• Like 1