DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2018

RIPPA

3 blow to the head/leading with the helmet flags so far in Falcons-Jets. And you know what? Good. Keep throwing flags until players get the message. I don't want to watch guys who are going to end up being future Alzheimer's patients.

• Like 1

Stay classy, Cleveland.

Hue Jackson: Antonio Callaway played most of game as 'consequence' of actions

Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson decided to punish Antonio Callaway for his traffic stop last Sunday by making him play for most of last Thursday's preseason opener against the New York Giants.

Jackson said of Callaway, "I was trying to make him play the whole game if we could. I did not want him to come out."

Callaway didn't inform the Browns that he was cited for marijuana possession and a suspended license last week and Jackson didn't become aware of the incident until the news broke on Tuesday. Dashcam video of the stop showed that police also found bullets and a gun part in the car.

"That was part of the consequence of what he has been through, and he knows it. That is what it was. Either you sit him or make him play. I thought it was better to make him play," Jackson said Sunday.

"Make him play as long as he could. There were a couple of times he kept waving to come out, and we said, 'No, stay in.'"

The rookie receiver was limited in practice by a rib injury Sunday. Jackson indicated that Callaway likely suffered the injury in Thursday's game.

Why do I have a feeling the NFLPA is going to want to speak the the Browns/NFL after its been reported they wouldn't take a player out of a preseason game who was tired. Couldn't this hamper the NFL in any pending penalties. Cant the PA say hes already been punished for the crime?

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jets and Skins - in of the dumber decisions of all time - are holding joint practices. It's going about as well as you would expect

It took them a while but the Skins finally got justice for that one year where almost every single free agent was an awful Jets player like Chad Morton and Lavernes Coles.  I thought there was someone else like a punter as well from Jets