DVDVR Message Board

Best Look or Unique Look

tlk23

I was fascinated by Jushin Liger the first time I saw him as a kid so dude and his various color combinations has to be considered. Also there's an absolute shit ton of luchadores with spectacular looks.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I was fascinated by Jushin Liger the first time I saw him as a kid so dude and his various color combinations has to be considered. Also there's an absolute shit ton of luchadores with spectacular looks.

Between Liger and Muta, their looks were probably what got me interested in Japanese wrestling.  I think the Mega Powers angle is what got me hooked on the sport (Randy Savage was right), but I think Liger and Muta being the coolest looking people on the planet made me want to branch out to see what was going on outside of the United States.

wrestle11003.png

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Between Liger and Muta, their looks were probably what got me interested in Japanese wrestling.  I think the Mega Powers angle is what got me hooked on the sport (Randy Savage was right), but I think Liger and Muta being the coolest looking people on the planet made me want to branch out to see what was going on outside of the United States.

wrestle11003.png

I was really early on the tape-trading scene, so got into Japanese stuff very early in the 1990s. The AJPW stuff with Jumbo and Tiger Mask II was amazing and Misawa unmasking and taking the torch from Jumbo when he got sick kept me there. Then Onita's FMW hit and I was so there... Through all this, once I saw what Liger and Mutoh were doing NJPW I became hooked. Actually, El Samurai is my favorite wrestler from that period, the great lost worker of the 1990s-2000s, the dude could go. Anyway, I was amazed at all the stuff that Liger could do wearing that costume and thirty years later, he can still go!

30 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I remember picking up a vhs copy of the 2000 Super J Cup way back when and being particularly impressed with Onryo's getup-

OnryoFMW.jpg

I was too, a pity his wrestling didn't hold as well.

• Like 1

I always liked guys who would reinvent themselves and whose looks reflected that.

Clean cut, Bengal tights Brian Pillman ---> Loose Cannon

Scotty the Body/Anthony/Flamingo/Johnny Polo ------> Raven

"Huss"/Lacey's Angels/Jimmy Loves Lacey-----> Age of the Fall ------> SCUM/Zombie Princess Jimmy Jacobs

• Like 2

I went to find a pic of Great Sasuke in his Anvil getup (the Randy the Ram one would have sufficed) and found him wearing a stars 'n' stripes mask with a peculiar mop of blonde hair on top. He was portraying... you guessed it... The Great T****

Yeah, no Sasuke photo for you