DVDVR Message Board

Best Look or Unique Look

tlk23

Which wrestlers or version of a certain wrestler had the best look? Or how about a time when a wrestler changed up their look or went with a special look for a period of time?

Hogan is known for the red and yellow, but it took a few years to get there. He would mix it up with red, white or blue early during his WWF Title run.

tumblr_m9cgmvToit1r4ocu1o1_500.jpg

Hulk-Hogan-2.jpg

HHH went with longer tights in late 2003 because of a groin injury if I recall.

Unforgiven_2003.7.jpg

I always thought DiBiase's white trunks with the gold trim and white boots were awesome. Couldn't find too many pics of them but the most notable time he wore them was Summerslam 92.

SummerSlam_1992_-_LOD_Vs_Money_Inc_01.jp

How about Onita going from his AJPW look to the eventual black leather jacket with omnipresent cigarette? My hero!

7 hours ago, OSJ said:

How about Onita going from his AJPW look to the eventual black leather jacket with omnipresent cigarette? My hero!

Yeah, that look rules. It’s what Ambrose wishes he was. The sleazy, tough guy, looks-wise. The entrance from the Chono match is top 5. Shit, both rule. 

”Oh my god, it’s him...”

• Like 2

Currently? At least for the last few years Pentagon Jr. has had one of the if not the coolest look in wrestling. I can't get over how bad ass he looks.

Seth's White /Gold Power Ranger gear was his best look. Everything he's done since then is just...eh. I like Seth a lot, but the neon green he seems to use a lot on his tights looks like shit. It's the laziest CAW tights you could put together.

Before HHH aged 30 years in the last 3 years, he looked his best I thought. Basically, WM 30 HHH was his best look ever. Now he just looks like Obediah Stane, which is still cool, but his face looks as tired as CM Punk's used to.

All time best look? I'm not sure, but I'm tempted to go with the classic Great Muta look.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tlk23 said:

HHH went with longer tights in late 2003 because of a groin injury if I recall.

Unforgiven_2003.7.jpg

I loved earlier in 03 when HHH switched up the colors of his tights with red, blue, and purple which was super rare and only done during that time period before going back to the traditional black. Also rocking the white boots at WM 20 was unique.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, that look rules. It’s what Ambrose wishes he was. The sleazy, tough guy, looks-wise. The entrance from the Chono match is top 5. Shit, both rule. 

Hate to say it, but I still dress like that, (minus the cigarette these days). ? Also, Onita and I are the same age or thereabouts.

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I loved earlier in 03 when HHH switched up the colors of his tights with red, blue, and purple which was super rare and only done during that time period before going back to the traditional black. Also rocking the white boots at WM 20 was unique.

Yeah, “Traveling NWA Champion” Triple H was a fun, short-lived thing. 

• Like 2

Big Bossman switching to the (what we now see as) Shield gear upon his return was pretty boss. The old look was classic, but that SWAT outfit was great. 

This may be panned based on a current thread, but I’m going for it. Hogan circa ‘97 was great for the character and my favorite of his. I was never a Hulkamaniac growing up (it’s possible folks). I know he went with the black outfit in ‘96, but ‘97 was when it amped up. He had the new look and the Hendrix theme. I thought it was cool as hell.

• Like 3

I thought Hogan's best look was the one with the pointed headgear and white sheets with eye-holes cut out.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwpsJFpEIG5Ib29pFy2qO 

When the rumors started going around that Taker was going back to the Deadman gimmick after being Bikertaker for a few years, I was kind of hoping that since his hair hadn't quite grown out enough, he'd just start wearing badass Muta-style monster masks. Sigh

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, “Traveling NWA Champion” Triple H was a fun, short-lived thing. 

Wait, you enjoyed watching him cut boring-ass 20 minute promos and refuse to put anyone over?

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Hollywood Rock shaving most of that terrible hair off and rockin' the pec tattoo was a marked improvement imo.

Best version of the Rock. Confession, I remember the lyrics to the songs he sang at the first Rock concert in March 2003 on RAW. Boy that segment was gold.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just realized that you dye that thing red and you got what Kane's wearing right now. 

As far as best look goes, we all know what that is. 

big-van-vader.jpg

This is the only correct answer