DVDVR Message Board

SLAMMIVERSARY XIV

Why do people still book Teddy Hart? He was an asshat 20 years ago and he hasn't changed. He's an unsafe idiot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Why do people still book Teddy Hart? He was an asshat 20 years ago and he hasn't changed. He's an unsafe idiot.

if you recall he did a whole contrite "i can still work" bit on Talk Is Jericho

4 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I don't think that Teddy was booked for this PPV or did I miss it somehow?

he wasn't but his botch on an indy show put Swann out for Slammiv

good show! enjoyed a lot of it. Aries made the right choice ducking out of 205.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

because some promoters buy into Eric Bischoff's stupid philosophy that controversy = cash

Aries absolutely made the right move leaving the 'E. Now, he also has "former WWE Superstar" on his  résumé to jack up his asking price.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sevendaughters said:

Wholehearted recommendation. Not all great matches but a solid show. Alvarez pointed out it is heavy on hardcore, but fuck it.

I thought it was cool that with three hardcore matches, they were all unique and did different things, and they escalated in violence from the first to the last. Eddie/Tommy used a staplegun and a kendo stick. LAX/OGz had tables and thumbtacks (both tables spots were absolutely awesome and fittingly brutal looking). Sami/Pentagon had spikes and a baseball bat. A fight, a gang brawl, and a total war. Loved it.  Definitely a show where blood added to it but only where needed and didn't overshadow things.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
4 hours ago, OSJ said:

MLW books him because WWN has taken away most of the guys they began booking for their revival.

Aside from that, he works for sleeze garbage like GCW.

Also, I've posted this a thousands times, but his feud with Homicide in JAPW and along the East Coast is one of the most underrated feuds in US indy wrestling history.

The biggest complaint about the show was that they did three hardcore/garbage type matches so if that isn't your thing you might not enjoy it

And speaking of Alvarez, I couldn't stop laughing at him exposing how little he knows about sports when he had no idea who Curtis Granderson was. "Curtis Anderson?!?!?!?!"

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The biggest complaint about the show was that they did three hardcore/garbage type matches so if that isn't your thing you might not enjoy it

Fuck those people.  Impact Slammiversary 2018 was the best Jersey All Pro show that I never went to.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And speaking of Alvarez, I couldn't stop laughing at him exposing how little he knows about sports when he had no idea who Curtis Granderson was. "Curtis Anderson?!?!?!?!"

He's the black member of the Anderson family, obviously. 

Talk about the "wrestling bubble".

• Haha 3

Guest Edwin
19 hours ago, J.T. said:

Fuck those people.  Impact Slammiversary It was the best Jersey All Pro show that I never went to.

I haven't watched Impact in over 10 years, but this description has me sold.

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

If you can find them the 4 weeks TV leading up to the PPV was anywhere from good to awesome as well. 

They’re all in Daily Motion. Or if you want to spring for the GWN app, most are on there as well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thibs said:

They’re all in Daily Motion. Or if you want to spring for the GWN app, most are on there as well.

You don't need to pay anything to watch the recent Impact episodes on the app. They're all free to watch. There is, however, a 10 day delay if you're in the States. For most other countries they make the episodes available right after the show airs on Pop TV.

https://globalwrestlingnetwork.com

• Like 1

Meltzer gave Penta/Sami 4 1/4 which is the highest rated Impact match he has since 2014 (when he gave the Wolves/Hardy/Dudleys match 4 1/2)

• Like 3

With me being on vacation I missed out on seeing this live. I'm not planning on watching it until I get back next weekend, but am extremely happy for Impact with how well received the show was. While wrestlers are normally selected for "Most Improved" or "Comeback of the Year" in the year end awards the obvious winner has to be Impact Wrestling.

• Like 3