DVDVR Message Board

SLAMMIVERSARY XIV

Guest Edwin

Just watched LAX vs. the OGz and Pentagón vs. Callihan...

The Street Fight was good. @J.T.'s JAPW description fits this match as it's chaotic and it had some nasty weapon spots. The finish with the Konnan ring apron bit was a bit odd, but it didn't really drag this down that much.

The mask vs. hair match was good, too, albeit a bit more careless. First time I've seen Pentagón in a match that isn't a super kick and sling blade fest, so that was cool watching. Callihan's personality meshed well with the setting and brutality of the match. Callihan tying up Pentagón to the ropes by his mask was pretty unique and smart. Also, The referee's name is Johnny Bravo.

It's the 14th Slammiversary event.

It's 16 years since the genesis of TNA not dying against all odds.  Which IMPACT Roman numeralizes cause like WWE they don't know how anniversaries work either.

Happy Slammiversary XV, everybody.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a lot of good things about Slammivesary and I thought I’d check it out.

it was a very good show. 

The Rebel Complex is a cool looking venue. It felt packed and the crowd was wild all night. 

This felt like a promotion unique to itself and not trying to be WWE Lite. I like that there was a sense of unpredictablity to the show and didn’t feel complete manufactured like the Wwe does.

Aries vs Moose I thought was a stellar main event. Moose should have went over. That felt like TNA of the old with the Ex WWE guy going over the homegrown guy. It would have been a cool moment had Moose won that crowd would have went bonkers.

Sami vs Pentagon was my match of the night. Just a wild brawl. They did some fucking nutty shit in that match. If you ask me I’d make Penta and Fenix strange bedfellow allies to Eddie in his war with Sami, turn Tommy heel and have him side with Sami and OVE, bring Raven in on Eddie Penta and Fenix’s side and run a lethal lockdown match at BFG.

the Opening 4 way, Tessa vs Allie, the X Division Championship, House of Hardcore, and New Lax vs Old Lax were all good matches and a ton of fun.

The only match I thought was just there was the Knockouts Championship match. All of Su’s pre Match theatrics were cool but once the bell rang it didn’t carry over. I’ve seen Su Yung live a couple times and enjoyed those matches so I don’t know what happened here. I don’t want to put all the blame on Madison Rayne but she was in the match too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I heard a lot of good things about Slammivesary and I thought I’d check it out.

it was a very good show. 

The Rebel Complex is a cool looking venue. It felt packed and the crowd was wild all night. 

This felt like a promotion unique to itself and not trying to be WWE Lite. I like that there was a sense of unpredictablity to the show and didn’t feel complete manufactured like the Wwe does.

Aries vs Moose I thought was a stellar main event. Moose should have went over. That felt like TNA of the old with the Ex WWE guy going over the homegrown guy. It would have been a cool moment had Moose won that crowd would have went bonkers.

Sami vs Pentagon was my match of the night. Just a wild brawl. They did some fucking nutty shit in that match. If you ask me I’d make Penta and Fenix strange bedfellow allies to Eddie in his war with Sami, turn Tommy heel and have him side with Sami and OVE, bring Raven in on Eddie Penta and Fenix’s side and run a lethal lockdown match at BFG.

the Opening 4 way, Tessa vs Allie, the X Division Championship, House of Hardcore, and New Lax vs Old Lax were all good matches and a ton of fun.

The only match I thought was just there was the Knockouts Championship match. All of Su’s pre Match theatrics were cool but once the bell rang it didn’t carry over. I’ve seen Su Yung live a couple times and enjoyed those matches so I don’t know what happened here. I don’t want to put all the blame on Madison Rayne but she was in the match too.

If it were say, Johnny Impact as champion, I'd agree. To me, it doesn't feel that way at all with Aries. When I think of Austin Aries, I first think of his 2004-2010 ROH run, then I think of his TNA run before I think of his WWE run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

At the time I was disappointed how short it was considering the really awesome build to it. But in hindsight I like it a little more if it was to be Madison's write off from the company completely.

• 1 month later...