DVDVR Message Board

SLAMMIVERSARY XIV

Oh I probably should have posted the card

• Austin Aries (c) vs. Moose - Impact World Title
  • Pentagon Jr vs. Sami Callihan - Mask vs. Hair 
  • Su Yung (c) vs. Madison Rayne - Impact Knockout Title
  • Matt Sydal (c) vs. Brian Cage - X Division Title
  • Eddie Edwards vs. Tommy Dreamer - House of Hardcore Match
  • LAX (Santana/Ortiz) vs. OGZ (Hernandez/Homicide) - 5150 Street Fight (and Konnan and Eddie Kingston will be around)
  • Fenix vs. Johnny Impact vs. Rich Swann vs. Taiji Ishimori
  • Tessa Blanchard vs. Allie
  • Like 2

Yeah from looking at the place it seems the kind of club where about 90% of the people that will be going to this PPV wouldn't be allowed through the front door on other nights.    Will be interested to see how it looks.  TNA has been pretty good turning non wrestling buildings lately

So is Rosemary still in the company?   Granted I haven't watched the product in the last month but Madison vs Su makes no sense.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Yeah from looking at the place it seems the kind of club where about 90% of the people that will be going to this PPV wouldn't be allowed through the front door on other nights.    Will be interested to see how it looks.  TNA has been pretty good turning non wrestling buildings lately

So is Rosemary still in the company?   Granted I haven't watched the product in the last month but Madison vs Su makes no sense.  

Rosemary suffered a torn ACL. Her losing the last rites casket match against Su was the way to write her off. It was brought up in the 2018 TNA thread before it veered into a discussion about Norwegian black metal.

• Haha 1

Yup - she suffered the injury in an indie match.

And looking back - a lot of quotes from people within Impact definitely come across that they didn't realize how serious it was until like at least a month after actually suffering the injury.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yup - she suffered the injury in an indie match.

And looking back - a lot of quotes from people within Impact definitely come across that they didn't realize how serious it was until like at least a month after actually suffering the injury.

It amazes me she was able to work with a torn ACL for a few months. That, and Sami Zayn working with TWO torn rotator cuffs. They're both troopers, for sure. It's somewhat reassuring that Rosemary will get her revenge when she returns. I'm far less confident about Sami unless the abortion of an angle with Lashley put him in someone's good graces.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Yeah from looking at the place it seems the kind of club where about 90% of the people that will be going to this PPV wouldn't be allowed through the front door on other nights.

This is part of why I'm looking forward to attending, I have never been in that building before and very likely never will be again.  Lol.

• Haha 1

Well it looks like Slammi is officially sold out. We’re look at around 2000 give or take.

Also it looks like they’re gonna push the TV tapings at the Blue Jays game as Johnny’s throwing out the first pitch. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

The 90% line got a chuckle out of me. Its probably true athought the Nitro’s at Club LaVela drew pretty much the same crowds that place normally does.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It amazes me she was able to work with a torn ACL for a few months. That, and Sami Zayn working with TWO torn rotator cuffs. They're both troopers, for sure. It's somewhat reassuring that Rosemary will get her revenge when she returns. I'm far less confident about Sami unless the abortion of an angle with Lashley put him in someone's good graces.

I'm very confident that Sami is in people's good graces.  The dude worked a program with Lashley while injured.  The stuff covered was bad but he seemed to put everything he could into such questionable material.  I'd like to think if he didn't have certain people's support before he does now.

And I'm very happy that they sold out the club.  Really wish I could see it live but I'll be curious how people liked it.  For whoever's going have fun and hope it's as awesome as it seems to be.

On 7/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, hammerva said:

Maybe wrestling was always meant to be there.  In the clubs first incarnation as The Docks, Trish Stratus was the model they used for their advertising

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0720/642955/impact-star-reportedly-taken-to-hospital-after-mlw-match/

Impact Star Reportedly Taken To Hospital After MLW Match, Slammiversary Match In Question

At last night's Major League Wrestling Battleriot event, Rich Swann was taken to the hospital by ambulance after his match, according to PWInsider. Early word was Swann had a bad concussion that he sustained towards the end of his tag match (Swann and ACH vs. Teddy Hart and Davey Boy Smith Jr.).

Swann was scheduled to be involved in this Sunday's Impact Slammiversary XVIPPV in a Four-Way Match against Johnny Impact, Rey Fenix, and Taiji Ishimori. As of this writing Impact is watching the situation and working on a replacement if Swann isn't able to compete this weekend.

Swann debuted with Impact last month where he defeated Trevor Lee in his first match.