DVDVR Message Board

Dude, Where's My Phone? - Raw - 7/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I finally figured out who Bobby Lashley reminds me of. 

latest?cb=20110619002453&path-prefix=en

And the rest of the show was what it was.  Sasha loves Bayley and is going to get turned on.  Ronda gets Alexa at Summerslam.  And Kurt Angle is a pickpocket.  

Poor stupid Corbin.  

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's the point of Lashley beating Roman at the PPV if it meant nothing? 

Now Roman wins the rematch and neither guy looks good. Fucking idiots.

Roman gets nothing out of losing to Lashley again. Besides that Lasley just has no momentum at all. He got a decent pop when he returned and nothing since. Really this should have just been Braun cashing in and murdering Lesnar for the belt.

I'm not sure what is supposed to be goign on with the Bayley/Sasha stuff. Angle still hasn't made any sense of why the two can't just fight each other. They aren't a tag team so they don;t really bring Raw extra money that way.

The setup to Rosuey/Alexa was ok I guess.

The first triple threat was good.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Did they go where I think they went with Sasha and Bayley?

That depends. Where do you think they went?

I liked Sarah Logan finally getting a win. With Graves bringing up her Viking roots, I'd like to see her eventually becoming the Bludgeon Sister. Put Nikki Cross back with Sanity when she gets called up. Give me a feud between The Bludgeon Brothers & Logan vs. Sanity. 

Anyway, back to Raw, I guess. 

What exactly was the point of Bobby Roode challenging Dolph for the IC title only to lose a non-title match?

After Lashley won, that crowd went mild at the prospect of another Roman/Lashley match that inevitably leads to Roman/Brock.

Finn vs. Lashley could of been a fun match. Drew vs. Lashley could of been a fun match. Roman vs. Lashley again and we're 99.999999% sure Roman's winning. Yeah that's gonna go over well here in Brooklyn at Summerslam.

So if Baley and Sasha can't get along, one of them gets sent to Smackdown. Nice to know Smackdown which just made the company a $2 billion dollar television deal is still seen as inferior.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Did they go where I think they went with Sasha and Bayley?

It was, at the very least, the most fanfic dialogue they’ve written since Seth and Dean’s reconciliation, and Sasha delivered it well. Though of course, it makes no sense at all, in light of... everything else, basically. I just didn’t expect the Golden Huggers jokes accompanying the Bayley/Ibushi pic in the photos thread to be predictive.

Anyway there’s that angle, where I have no clue what’s happening or where it’s going, and then the main, which... yeah, the opposite. Or Lashley just wins again, which would lead everyone to eventually come to the realization that Roman actually works better conventional WWE main events than he does, and maybe we were wrong to reject him. I mean, probably not. But maybe.

6 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

So if Baley and Sasha can't get along, one of them gets sent to Smackdown. Nice to know Smackdown which just made the company a $2 billion dollar television deal is still seen as inferior.

And "If you can't get along, I'm sending you both back to NXT" was right there.  Which at this point I wish they both were.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I liked Sarah Logan finally getting a win

Hypocrite I am (in this case), I did flip back a couple times, and aside from that nothing took. That was a nice little match that started with some really snug matwork that looked like the two were trying to rip each other's heads off. And it's Sarah and Ember, so hey

Everything else was the Cooking Channel while I was listening to records FYI

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That depends. Where do you think they went?

If it's what I think it is then I have a bad feeling about this. I'm all for stories like that if done right. But this is WWE and I don't trust them one bit with it. That said I'm hoping it was meant in a sister type way but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If it's what I think it is then I have a bad feeling about this. I'm all for stories like that if done right. But this is WWE and I don't trust them one bit with it. That said I'm hoping it was meant in a sister type way but I doubt it.

Remember when Stephanie promised us LGBT storylines? Well, here we go.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

And "If you can't get along, I'm sending you both back to NXT" was right there.  Which at this point I wish they both were.

That would help the fantasy booked "womens war games" being discussed in the nxt thread. 

• Like 1

I could see Roman and Lashley going to some sort of draw via double countout or DQ to then set up a triple threat at summerslam. I could also see Brock winning that match to close the show. Then Braun cashes in the next night on RAW to win the title and send Brock packing to UFC.

Eh I think it was meant in a sisterly way and it will lead to one of them turning, either Sasha is baiting Bayley or the real Bayley is the one who violently attacked her a few weeks back.

Of course this is assuming they actually pull the trigger on something.

Oh and that little tag match of theirs was so much better than either women's title match from Extreme Rules.

Ember vs. Logan was also better than the title matches from Extreme Rules.

Both triple threats were good but "push Roman" will not go away ugh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

There was a rumour last year (maybe the year before?) about Steph wanting a "tasteful same-sex angle"

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, tasteful. From the same company bringing back Hogan.

Hulk Hogan needs to come back next week to help Lashley beat Reigns so he can then profess his undying love for him. And THAT turns out to be the tasteful same-sex angle.  They can go all Rocky III on the beach for the SummerSlam montage.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Eh I think it was meant in a sisterly way and it will lead to one of them turning, either Sasha is baiting Bayley or the real Bayley is the one who violently attacked her a few weeks back.

Of course this is assuming they actually pull the trigger on something.

Yeah- but even then I'm a little worried. The reaction from fans to it, even if it was meant in a sisterly way, gives me flashbacks to when Big E/Kofi/Xavier formed...and I think the reaction will be the same if this leads to a turn, even if the turn seems pretty etched in stone from the people all about this angle in waiting saying "But...but my fantasy booking was Sasha and Bayley as a couple! It was my fantasy booking and that means WWE PROMISED!"