DVDVR Message Board

Hulk Hogan returns... still a racist

10 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Interesting that some on this board are totally fine with praising Benoit for his contributions to the business but Hogan is a bridge too far. 

I’m fine praising the work of both. I don’t think it’s cool to feature either in a positive light on TV in 2018. 

• Like 12

Hugs and cheering backstage is not what Hogan deserves. What he deserves is a swastika carved in his forehead, so everyday people see what a giant piece of dog shit Hogan is. I've been watching Inglorious Basterds a lot lately, including tonight.

Inglorious Basterds > Extreme Rules

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Can't believe so many of you are getting worked up over this. It was innevitable, and I'm certain at some point you'll have said something off-kilter about someone. Who gives a shit?

He didn’t just say something about someone. He literally said, “I am a racist.” 

Given how many racists say they aren’t racist, we should probably take the ones who admit it at their word.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

WWE can operate under the appearance of moderate liberalism but they'll still be the same old piece of shit company that have exploited EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. It was only 4 months ago they were given barrels of dirty Saudi money to put on a show. Hogan coming back was always going to happen. If you're that outraged don't watch their shows. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Be a Star, WWE!

That should have been bully Ryback's catchphrase said in the same rhythm as the Feed Me More chant. Ryback could have handed out gold star stickers as well to people in the crowd. Truly a wasted opportunity by WWE. If anything sums up WWE (main roster), it's wasted opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone who forgives Hogan is an idiot and naive. I don't care who you are. There's almost no way he changed. He just needs money. I don't watch WWE for a whole shit ton of reasons. Throw this on the fire.

• Like 6

People should have an opportunity to redeem themselves and be forgiven. That being said, it's not as simple as sitting on the sidelines for a few years or saying the right things. I'll hold my judgment until I see how this actually plays out.  

• Like 6

When you say things like this, you're not ready to redeem yourself. As long as you're not on camera, be as horrible as you want as long as the public doesn't find out.

PWInsider first reported the details of Hogan's apology. They wrote that Hogan reminded everyone to always think about what they're saying and that, in today's day and age, "they have to remember that there are always cameras everywhere and they could be recorded even when they don't realize they are."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

When you say things like this, you're not ready to redeem yourself. As long as you're not on camera, be as horrible as you want as long as the public doesn't find out.

Typical Hulk Hogan, avoiding responsibility. Can't stand the racist twat.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Can't believe so many of you are getting worked up over this. It was innevitable, and I'm certain at some point you'll have said something off-kilter about someone. Who gives a shit?

This is fucking dumb. What a fucking stupid take.

You know what I haven't done? Said some bullshit like, "everyone's a little racist, fucking n-words" or any of the other shit Hogan said. And if I did, I'd be fucking fired for it because I would be a racist and bigoted piece of shit. After being fired, I sure as shit wouldn't be rehired.

By the way, saying that this was inevitable is such bullshit. It didn't have to be inevitable. WWE could have taken a stand to prove that they won't allow this shit.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Anyone who forgives Hogan is an idiot and naive. I don't care who you are. There's almost no way he changed. He just needs money. I don't watch WWE for a whole shit ton of reasons. Throw this on the fire.

It's almost like people in sports like this who are pieces of shit will ALWAYS be pieces of shit. Tigers don't change their stripes.

• Like 3