DVDVR Message Board

Hulk Hogan returns... still a racist

Yes, a corporate entity not embracing their racist employee is political correctness run amok! Or Lawler's an old creep who is mad he can't basically sexually marginalize women constantly.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like someone with way more time than me could make a supercut of racist things Lawler has said over the years just in his promos in Memphis.

Cannot defend what he said, obviously. He didn't deserve to have his shit filmed and leaked though and fuck Gawker and all. 

Not that it matters particularly, but in the whole hubbub of this did anything ever come out of Hogan refusing to wrestle POC or actively working against minorities while on top to hold them down?

As far as him coming back....eh, it's been an inevitability for a while. I'm generally against ostracism and hopefully it can be a teaching moment. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Not that it matters particularly, but in the whole hubbub of this did anything ever come out of Hogan refusing to wrestle POC or actively working against minorities while on top to hold them down?

Nothing springs to mind. But making a dollar with someone tends not to stop racists from racisting. 

6 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I initially read this as PCO. 

Now I seriously wanna see this match.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Cannot defend what he said, obviously. He didn't deserve to have his shit filmed and leaked though and fuck Gawker and all. 

As far as him coming back....eh, it's been an inevitability for a while. I'm generally against ostracism and hopefully it can be a teaching moment. 

The only thing I'll add is that I totally agree about this being a teachable moment but sadly Hulk's looking at more of protecting his ass with being careful about what he says rather than, you know, not being a racist. That speaks to his personality so much more than an overriding sense of racism I believe. My friends got into a bit of an argument regarding this and I just don't have many answers in what is the right path forward. This would be so much easier if Hogan seemed sincerely sorry but the man doesn't have many sincere bones in his body. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

“It’s despicable and I’m sickened by such actions. That’s all I have to say about that. Now if you excuse me, I have to go pick up my wife from her senior prom.” Said Lawler*. 

*probably

Obviously false, we all know Lawler would be picking up his SO at the roller-rink after the the 8th Grade mixer.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hogan shops at the GAP. 

Hogan shops at whichever store is having a white sale!

Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week, try the waitress and tip the veal!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Obviously false, we all know Lawler would be picking up his SO at the roller-rink after the the 8th Grade mixer.

Chris Hansen would have made a great guest host back when Raw was doing the weekly guest host thing.

"Mr. Lawler, why don't you have a seat right here?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

0OC3baH.jpg

OSJ is taking a dive. 

I used to have a pair of suspenders just like that in around 1983.

BTW: "Taking a dive" or "Hanging out in one"? Haven't done much of the former, but loads of the latter.

• Haha 1

Eh. WWE is fundamentally a racist company and always has been, and for me, the breaking point was their open support of Trump because it signals the most blatant support for institutional racism that one can signal. In that respect, Hogan's right back where he belongs. 

I don't give the company any money, and I've totally stopped watching their stuff, and likely it would take the company being sold to some corporate conglomerate that at the very most hedges its bets with donations to both parties, including the one that wants to strip me of my rights, for me to come back to it.

But most likely, I'll never be able to come back to it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1