DVDVR Message Board

Hulk Hogan returns... still a racist

I can truthfully and honestly say I have never said one racist thing in my entire life. Especially not involving epithets. I grew up around racist chatter, I knew it was garbage then. The same goes for sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia and anything else you want to throw out there. It's called not being a fuckin' jackass. Sometimes I feel like the only person like this around the immediate area. Cause just about everyone's said something mildly stupid and directly insulting another group of people in a horrible fashion with or without intent for malice. I've been calling out that garbage since I was like 10.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The only way Hogan returning to WWE's good graces could have been even more WWE would have been if this was done in February, immediately following a Martin Luther King, Jr. tribute narrated by Vince.

No, narrated by Hogan. With copious usage of "BROTHER".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Just a friendly reminder that the same people who ostracized Big Cass for being an out and proud Trump supporter cheered and hugged Hulk Hogan, out and proud racist (and the Venn diagram between those two is a perfect circle).

Wasn't the issue with Cass more that he was an asshole about it?

8 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Can't believe so many of you are getting worked up over this. It was innevitable, and I'm certain at some point you'll have said something off-kilter about someone. Who gives a shit?

The best part was people taking offense to someone saying "outrage' then proceeding to spend the next few pages being outraged...

But hey man, bigotry is the big rallying point for the left and they tend to be fairly moral absolutist about it. Why? Cause absolutism is an easy answer, and people love easy answers. I mean, if if I gave you these three choices here:

1. Believe every black man killed by a cop is a martyr killed by a fascist.

2. Believe every black man killed by a cop is a thug killed by a hero.

3. Look at every instance of a black man being killed by a cop individually and decide your feelings on a case-by-case basis.

Sad to say, most people ain't choosing number 3...And people love to exaggerate and sensationalize, which is why you have some dude claiming Jimmy the Greek wouldn't get fired now in the same year Roseanne got a highly-rated TV show cancelled by saying something stupid...hell, they'd probably be calling to guillotine Jimmy the Greek in front of a live audience now. BUt then I think of the French Revolution all the time when I hear card-carrying Democrats speak. That was a social justice revolution too. That's the problem with social justice revolutions; at some point they usually stop being about getting equality and start being about getting revenge...

21 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

But hey man, bigotry is the big rallying point for the left and they tend to be fairly moral absolutist about it. Why?

Because bigotry sucks? Being absolutely against it makes sense? And someone who says he is a racist, while saying racist stuff, is not the example you want as a jumping off point to rant about left-wing boogeymen and failures of semantic distinctions when it comes to ethical quandaries. "People want to treat every admitted racist like he's some kind of racist!" I mean... yeah. Decent people tend to. This is the lowest bar imaginable.

• Like 17

7 hours ago, The Comedian said:

The best part was people taking offense to someone saying "outrage' then proceeding to spend the next few pages being outraged...

But hey man, bigotry is the big rallying point for the left and they tend to be fairly moral absolutist about it. Why? Cause absolutism is an easy answer, and people love easy answers. I mean, if if I gave you these three choices here:

1. Believe every black man killed by a cop is a martyr killed by a fascist.

2. Believe every black man killed by a cop is a thug killed by a hero.

3. Look at every instance of a black man being killed by a cop individually and decide your feelings on a case-by-case basis.

Sad to say, most people ain't choosing number 3...And people love to exaggerate and sensationalize, which is why you have some dude claiming Jimmy the Greek wouldn't get fired now in the same year Roseanne got a highly-rated TV show cancelled by saying something stupid...hell, they'd probably be calling to guillotine Jimmy the Greek in front of a live audience now. BUt then I think of the French Revolution all the time when I hear card-carrying Democrats speak. That was a social justice revolution too. That's the problem with social justice revolutions; at some point they usually stop being about getting equality and start being about getting revenge...

“I don’t know if Brooke was fucking the black guy’s son."

“I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, fucking n*ggers. But then when it comes to nice people and shit, and whatever."

“I mean, I’d rather if she was going to fuck some n*gger, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n*gger worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!"

“I guess we’re all a little racist. Fucking n*gger.” 

But fuckin' librul snowflake virtue-signaling crisis-actor SJWs, amirite?

Thank you for taking an interest in my politics, but I'm not a card-carrying anything. I also don't find my politics relevant to a discussion about Hulk Hogan's less-than-tasteful pillowtalk.

Roseanne called a POC an ape. Unfortunately, Jimmy the Greek never really used any of the magic words so I'm sure he'd find plenty of apologists today.

Anyway, thanks for taking time out of your schedule and sharing your concerns about the impending leftist inquisition. I know you're a busy guy, Dr Peterson. 

• Like 10

Plus it isn't just what Hogan said.

It was caught on a sex tape.

I've said it before here but it come on.  He wasn't just talking about how much he hates black people, which sucks, but he was doing it either right before or right after fucking.  How much does hating black people have to be on your mind for it to come up at that moment?

Not fuck yeah I'm gonna get some or fuck yeah I just got some air guitar brother it was MAN I HATE BLACK PEOPLE KEEP THEIR DONGS OUT OF MY DAUGHTER etc.

Shortly before or after fucking, when I don't know about you guys, I'm just thinking about fucking.

Think about that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Plus it isn't just what Hogan said.

It was caught on a sex tape.

I've said it before here but it come on.  He wasn't just talking about how much he hates black people, which sucks, but he was doing it either right before or right after fucking.  How much does hating black people have to be on your mind for it to come up at that moment?

Not fuck yeah I'm gonna get some or fuck yeah I just got some air guitar brother it was MAN I HATE BLACK PEOPLE KEEP THEIR DONGS OUT OF MY DAUGHTER etc.

Shortly before or after fucking, when I don't know about you guys, I'm just thinking about fucking.

Think about that.

Throw in the fact that the context of the whole rant was Hogan complaining about the guy who was paying for Brooke's music career and Hogan's projects, who truly believed he and Hogan were BFFs to his face- and behind his back, Hogan was calling him and his son the worst possible slurs while pretending to be his best friend to his face, and this is more than just those things.

Seriously, the context needed to be said since for a while, the one way people tried defending Hogan was "well, he's a compartmentalizing racist- he may hate all black people, but just happens to think all the people he knows are 'one of the good ones'"...no. No he is not. He is just a sociopath and a racist.

• Like 2

I have splintered everything off into its own thread so when I have to close it again in the morning and ban about a dozen of you - it will be easier.

Some of you really come off like having a throbbing erection to be able to drop some slurs on this board.

Since there is some actual "news"

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/16/mark-henry-hulk-hogan-n-word-controversy-wwe/

Mark Henry says there's a divide among black wrestlers over the WWE's decision to accept Hulk Hogan back into the community ... just three years after he was caught on tape using the n-word.

"It's 50-50," Henry tells TMZ Sports. "I've talked to guys that were like, 'Man, the hell with him.'"

Don't count Mark on that side of the coin, however.

The ex-WWE world champ says he thinks Hulk's apologies over the incident have been sincere ... and he believes Hogan's punishment and penance since the rant have been enough.

"I do feel like he genuinely wants to clear his name," the host of "Busted Open" radio tells us.

"He sees people that used to respect him, they look at him different. And it hurts. And he brought that on himself. But, he's trying his best to clear that up."

(Link has a video with Henry)

I know my first post was a little tongue in cheek, but I really hope this situation forces a bigger conversation about Vince McMahon's obvious racism and that of the WWE in general. Considering he dropped an N-bomb himself on tv this century, I have no doubt he thinks Hogan didn't do anything wrong, and now, due to the political climate in the US and securing more money through the new tv deals, he doesn't have to bend to "political correctness." You'd have a hard time convincing me that this move and resurrecting the XFL on the back of the anthem protests aren't related.

2 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I know my first post was a little tongue in cheek, but I really hope this situation forces a bigger conversation about Vince McMahon's obvious racism and that of the WWE in general. Considering he dropped an N-bomb himself on tv this century, I have no doubt he thinks Hogan didn't do anything wrong, and now, due to the political climate in the US and securing more money through the new tv deals, he doesn't have to bend to "political correctness." You'd have a hard time convincing me that this move and resurrecting the XFL on the back of the anthem protests aren't related.

Everything you're saying is correct. But I'd assume there's a more direct thread between bringing Hogan back into the fold and the need for big names on screen a year from now on Fox. So Vince probably decided they'll rip the bandaid off now and people will have gotten it out of their systems by the time next October rolls around.

And he'd probably unfortunately be right. 

• Like 1

I don't believe Hogan has been sincere at all with his apologies but even if he was..  fine.  I don't have an issue with people asking for forgiveness and trying to change their ways,  my problem is more with him believing he should be let back into the WWE fold and more so WWE bringing him back into the fold.  He could go about his business in life why does it have to be with WWE?  Why does WWE 'need' him?  They don't.  The documentary thing I've been hearing about is even worse.  Why is he being celebrated?  A hero's welcome because he got caught in his racist bullshit?  No thank you.  

There was one way to handle this.  "We have zero tolerance for racism".  Boom. That's all that needed to be said and Hogan could go about his life as a racist and WWE could do what they do without him. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

“It’s despicable and I’m sickened by such actions. That’s all I have to say about that. Now if you excuse me, I have to go pick up my wife from her senior prom.” Said Lawler*. 

*probably

• Haha 5