DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] July 11, 2018 TV Show

Peck

6 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Has he given PWG that many?  I only know of the 2016 BOLA six man and Lee vs Dijak from the 2017 BOLA.  He has started giving Omega 5 or 5+ star ratings just for getting out of bed every morning, it seems.

Walter/ZSJ is the only other one that I know of.

Seems I was wrong about the "in particular" part then. I don't follow PWG (when I try to watch their shows I'm tired and bored of highspot/kickout by midway through the second match) so I just assumed Dave's gushing about everything they do meant he had given them a bunch of 5*.

The general point I stand behind though. Once Dave gave NXT it's first 5* rating he's followed it it with another three this year alone, and the ladder match in particular was nowhere close. Before he went all the way so to speak, there were other matches I thought were very deserving, the Toronto tag match in particlar for me was an easy 5*.

11 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

4.75 on a scale generally recognized as going to five is better than a 5 on a scale that goes to seven.

Someone did the math after the latest Okada-Omega match and the Jericho match on the same card Dave raved about would have been something like 2 3/4* stars if there were any logic in his ratings. Making it basically an infinite scale while acting like that has no impact on anything below 5* is just incredibly stupid.

• Like 1